What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improve the game-day experience

Good point. I agree. I don't know when an appropriate cutoff would be. Maybe anybody over the age of two. The point being you don't want to give parents a reason to not go to the game.
I would do 3, but there's no reason a child should have to pay provided they are not taking up a seat. If CU started selling out routinely it be one thing, but at this point, they could waive that off.

Not an improvement, but keep the food policy. Folsom is the only D1 college football stadium I can recall attending where they let fans bring in food. For me, it's the "total cost" issue that determines the number of concerts and sporting events that i attend - if I can keep down the concession and parking costs it helps a lot.

Wondering if anyone heard rumors of that policy changing with the new vending/service contract?

Not an improvement, but keep the food policy. Folsom is the only D1 college football stadium I can recall attending where they let fans bring in food. For me, it's the "total cost" issue that determines the number of concerts and sporting events that i attend - if I can keep down the concession and parking costs it helps a lot.

Wondering if anyone heard rumors of that policy changing with the new vending/service contract?
Didn't think of that, but that's a good thing IMO. But I can see from a business perspective why they would change it.

I can't remember the last time I bought food at Folsom. Or used the concessions in any way. I walk into that stadium drunk and full.

And this, is how you enter a football stadium. :bowdown:

I can't remember the last time I bought food at Folsom. Or used the concessions in any way. I walk into that stadium drunk and full.

Well, I'm with Sackman on this. The food at the stadium is odious, and when you compare it to what you can consume at a credulous tailgate like Sackman's, well, no comparison. Why anyone would go to the game with an empty stomach (leaving out the alcohol, of course, because that would be a personal item), is beyond me. The tailgate is not only a celebration of the best of America's prosperity, it is also a testament to the breaking of bread with family, friends and such. And that, that is sacrosanct!

OK, I'm in Sacky's corner on the bike racks. For those of you who have been to any of the Allbuff/Sacky tailgates last year, you know how those bike racks were a huge pain in the Ass! The morons who decided to locate those bike racks right on the *ucking sidewalk were some special kind of stupid. They had multiple options to locate them in locations equally as close to the dorms without messing with all of the tailgate party's in that area. If you are one of those who don't mind the bike racks in there present location, then you won't mind sitting on one of them while enjoying your favorite beverage at Sackygate so others can have room to move around. Hopefully the same geniuses don't install more bike racks on the sidewalk at the other end of Farrand field.

After writing to one of the assistants in the AD about last years experience with Barney Fife, based on their reply, I don't think we will have anymore problems with the campus cops.

Getting rid of all the 80's era TV's in Folsom and replacing them with flatscreen TV's would be a gameday experience upgrade.

Did RG not recently announce in his last letter to season ticket holders that they have a new contract with better food vendors? That should be a gameday improvement. Eating & drinking at Sackygate is, and has always been far superior to anything consumed at Folsom.

Parking has always been a problem on gameday so when they get around to moving some of the new facilities over to Franklin field, maybe they can build more parking spaces at the old practice area?

Allow vendors to sell Buff stuff outside Folsom, not just inside.

That is all.

They could have freezing cement bench seats, no food or beverages, no PA announcers, no band, and a blackboard & chalk scoreboard, and if they'd win 7+ games a year I'd be in heaven. That would enhance the game day experience for me.

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, ****-kickers, and Methodists!

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, ****-kickers, and Methodists!

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

No go and do that voodoo that you do so well!

no bailer baptists however.

my gameday experience for these long last 10 years or so has generally included tears, wailing, drunken belligerence, rage, disbelief, anguish, denial, and occasional blackouts. more recently, it has included mostly sullen acceptance of our complete destitution. yet, i find myself entering that ever-briefer period of time before the season commences where i squint my eyes and look into the future and don't see utter bleakness. perhaps, this IS the year of the turnaround. like garp's home post-airplane crash, the program pretty much has to be disaster-proofed at this point. right? right?

Back