What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improvement

Do they LOOK better this year? Undoubtedly. But at the end of the day WINS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS. That is a indisputable fact, and the ONLY thing that coach MacIntyre will be judged and retained on.
Really, really, really glad you weren't making the decisions in 1984.

This is the real world and not a video game. You don't turnaround arguably the worst P5 team in the nation into a ranked powerhouse in 1.5 seasons. We are MUCH better than we were last year, and FUNDAMENTALLY better than anytime since Barnett's teams before the scandal years. The offense is ranked in the top 20 in yardage (versus sub-100 in recent years). I am extremely confident in this staff and the direction of the program. Unfortunately, there are fans who have unrealistic and pessimistic expectations and are impatient. We could easily be 4-2 right now if a couple plays/bounces/calls went our way. Football is a game of inches, sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you don't. We aren't giving games away for the first time in half a decade. The corner is being turned.

Just one example, I have seem comments from posters prior to the season proclaiming the need to fire Walters... the same guy who has taken the WR position to it's highest performance ever. Tired of the negativity and vitriol before it is warranted.

Thinking restaurants will have to add crow to their menus in the not so distant future, some of us will be eating quite a bit of it. If I am wrong and these coaches don't have what it takes, then God help us all it'll be another long decade.

True, but the argument still stands with the improvement parallels that we don't know if and when wins will really come. I certainly hope so, but I've been burned enough over the years that drinking the kool-aid doesn't mean anything.

If others here want to feel better about the team, then feel free to pump sunshine. I need results. MacIntyre has yet to produce. I'm certainly behind him 100%, but I'm still waiting to see if he can win at Colorado, which is what he is ultimately hired to do.
It's not pumping sunshine. Their are metrics that show we are better, are those pumping sunshine? You're making things Wazzu to black and white worth no gray area. Sorry there are very distinct differences between Hawkins and MacIntyre that make me believe it is a terrible example.

2-4 after 6 games this year.
3-3 after 6 games last year. We have regressed. The team is more competitive on the field, but is now finding ways to lose. W-L is the only thing that matters at the end of the day, and record is all that people look at when comparing a team's performance from year to year.

We now play the #2 ranked most difficult remaining schedule in the country to finish out the season. It isn't going to get better.

You are one stupid muther****er. The only place we have regressed is win loss column, and that's only because we were able to replace Fresno State with the div 2 team last year. Nobody can watch this team and say we are worse on the field of play.

If anyone has ever needed a crayon font, it is you.

You are one stupid muther****er. The only place we have regressed is win loss column, and that's only because we were able to replace Fresno State with the div 2 team last year. Nobody can watch this team and say we are worse on the field of play.

Well, damn, what do you really feel?

2-4 after 6 games this year.
3-3 after 6 games last year. We have regressed. The team is more competitive on the field, but is now finding ways to lose. W-L is the only thing that matters at the end of the day, and record is all that people look at when comparing a team's performance from year to year.

We now play the #2 ranked most difficult remaining schedule in the country to finish out the season. It isn't going to get better.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Why not? Hawkins team improved dramatically and went bowling in year 2 after a 2-10 year 1. We all thought we were on our way and were dead wrong. You have absolutely no way of knowing what is in store next year. We honestly cannot know what the future holds for the team until MacIntyre starts winning games. Everything is just conjecture at this point.

I'm not trying to hate on the Buffs. I've been dying watching these close losses, just like everybody else.

Do they LOOK better this year? Undoubtedly. But at the end of the day WINS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS. That is a indisputable fact, and the ONLY thing that coach MacIntyre will be judged and retained on.

Partially true. Nobody remembers Mac1 for his awful first 4 years.

That is twice you have personally attacked me for stating an opinion on this board, and both times for my intelligence. I guess when you have nothing intelligent to add, you go for the lowest common denominator and make it personal. Pretty much goes to show who wins the battle of intelligence between you and I.

I actually find it funny that I measure this team's progress solely based on wins and losses, which is about as ****ing black and white as you can get and get attacked for having an agenda and not falling in line. How many here were screaming bloody murder when the CSU debacle happened? That tune didn't change after we played umass. Yet all of the sudden, Colorado is a world beater by being 2-4?

Colorado is putting up better numbers right now. Yes, they look like a different team than under Embree. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, because Colorado has lost 2 games they should have won, and couldn't figure out how to win the 3rd one that they had a chance in. Am I wrong? Somebody please explain to me how losing two of the games that most would agree we should have won is progress? In my book that isn't progress. Sorry if I have higher standards than others here. That is your problem, not mine.

I love Colorado Football. I'm a 3rd generation Buff. I bleed black and gold as much as anybody that walks this earth. I hope every one of you is screaming I told you so when this season ends. I won't give a ****, because I'll be as giddy as everybody else here. Sadly, I don't think that will be the case, and we will be hoping in the off-season (again) that this team can take the next step in 2015.

Last edited:
That is twice you have personally attacked me for stating an opinion on this board, and both times for my intelligence. I guess when you have nothing intelligent to add, you go for the lowest common denominator and make it personal. Pretty much goes to show who wins the battle of intelligence between you and I.

I actually find it funny that I measure this team's progress solely based on wins and losses, which is about as ****ing black and white as you can get and get attacked for having an agenda and not falling in line. How many here were screaming bloody murder when the CSU debacle happened? That tune didn't change after we played umass. Yet all of the sudden, Colorado is a world beater by being 2-4?

Colorado is putting up better numbers right now. Yes, they look like a different team than under Embree. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, because Colorado has lost 2 games they should have won, and couldn't figure out how to win the 3rd one that they had a chance in. Am I wrong? Somebody please explain to me how losing two of the games that most would agree we should have won is progress? In my book that isn't progress. Sorry if I have higher standards than others here. That is your problem, not mine.

I love Colorado Football. I'm a 3rd generation Buff. I bleed black and gold as much as anybody that walks this earth. I hope every one of you is screaming I told you so when this season ends. I won't give a ****, because I'll be as giddy as everybody else here. Sadly, I don't think that will be the case, and we will be hoping in the off-season (again) that this team can take the next step in 2015.

Slow clap

Wait, are you the same guy that got all sensitive because you only have a physics degree?

I really don't have a problem with buffedup's opinion, I share some of the same thoughts, but Christ it doesn't need to be repeated ad nauseum in every thread.

Wait, are you the same guy that got all sensitive because you only have a physics degree?

Why? Did you want me to share my grad school credentials too?

Aren't you the guy that offers, at best, moderately amusing quips without any real substance?

I really don't have a problem with buffedup's opinion, I share some of the same thoughts, but Christ it doesn't need to be repeated ad nauseum in every thread.

Sorry man, it isn't really intentional. I guess I keep defending my stance, and so it gets to be a broken record.

Sorry man, it isn't really intentional. I guess I keep defending my stance, and so it gets to be a broken record.
You don't defend it, you just keep repeating the same thing over and over. I guess that's a defense. It is just a really annoying and ****ty one.

Like the improvement we have seen, particularly on the offensive side.

The "we could easily have 2-3 more wins" argument is flimsy though.

You don't defend it, you just keep repeating the same thing over and over. I guess that's a defense. It is just a really annoying and ****ty one.
Okay then, go ahead and argue how I am wrong, since nobody has really been able to yet.

Defensively, there is an argument to be made that we are actually worse in run D than last year. Especially when you consider our O is putting a lot less pressure on the D.

Defensively, there is an argument to be made that we are actually worse in run D than last year. Especially when you consider our O is putting a lot less pressure on the D.

I am hopeful that is mostly due to youth (although the offense seems to fight through that better) and not a big talent issue.

We like that argument (while ignoring that we could easily have lost to UMass). :smile2:

Okay then, go ahead and argue how I am wrong, since nobody has really been able to yet.

We could easily be 0-6 with last year's team facing this year's opponents. And the point differential wouldn't be anywhere close to as respectable as it currently stands.

Why? Did you want me to share my grad school credentials too?

Aren't you the guy that offers, at best, moderately amusing quips without any real substance?
Yep, that's me. I eagerly await your sharing. If you only find me moderately amusing, I suspect you're not getting my best stuff.

Say what ypu want. What is your agenda? The ONLY way you can say we are worse than any time in the last five years is record. In every other way this team is better.

You have an agenda. What is it? Hire Embree back? Punish someone for firing Embree? What? You keep posting **** over and over like we are getting worse, with one. Single. Stat.

And I won't apologize this time. I had a freind that was 23 years old, managed a cell phone store, that had people every single week with Masters and PhD degrees applying for work there. There are plenty of people that are extremely book smart that have just about zero common sense. You pressing the issue of 'CU has regressed' is not impressing, or convincing anyone of your extreme intellectual advantage here.

I have been a Buff fan forever too. I study the game too. I have been on Allbuffs forever, and I NEVER get fed up and chew someone out like this. I understand people having different opinions. But there is something about your repeated drivel about CU getting worse that raises my hackles. I can smell bull**** from a mile away in almost everything you post. You have an agenda, and I want to know what it is. Everyone said before the season "CU could get much better and have an equal or worse record". Most people can see this team is growing and getting better, and it isn't showing in wins yet. Just like we thought it wouldn't. Yet you seem to see NOTHING but wins and losses as a measuring stick. I expect that only from either an East Coast sports writer that takes about 15 seconds to look at CU, or someone with an agenda. And I doubt you are a sports writer.

We miss CUD. I do see some kids playing and slowly growing that on a good team would still be riding pine. I was thinking Jeffcoat needed to go out with Neinas, but as in all things CU right now, we need to wait and see the final tally at the end of the season. Losing the other guy (starts with a K?) And Hennington....well, once again, due to last few years we don't have the depth yet to absorb one starter with grace, much less two or three.

Back