What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improvement

Just so we can all understand. You're disappointed in Mac2 because of the W/L record and seeing progress isn't good enough?

You say Mac2 hasn't produced results. The guy can coach and has our fan base feeling optimistic. Our players are in the game and think they can win.

Mac2 is turning this around. But it's unrealistic to expect us to go from Pac12 bottom feeder to powerhouse overnight. To get the W/L record where you'd like, there is a process. It's not 1-12 one year and 13-0 the next.

True, but the argument still stands with the improvement parallels that we don't know if and when wins will really come. I certainly hope so, but I've been burned enough over the years that drinking the kool-aid doesn't mean anything.

If others here want to feel better about the team, then feel free to pump sunshine. I need results. MacIntyre has yet to produce. I'm certainly behind him 100%, but I'm still waiting to see if he can win at Colorado, which is what he is ultimately hired to do.

Just so we can all understand. You're disappointed in Mac2 because of the W/L record and seeing progress isn't good enough?

You say Mac2 hasn't produced results. The guy can coach and has our fan base feeling optimistic. Our players are in the game and think they can win.

Mac2 is turning this around. But it's unrealistic to expect us to go from Pac12 bottom feeder to powerhouse overnight. To get the W/L record where you'd like, there is a process. It's not 1-12 one year and 13-0 the next.
You forgot that he's 100% behind Mac Mac.

I have to ask, did you agree with Mark Kiszla's column this week. You cannot be convinced we are better. It sure seems that the Denver Post and it's anti-CU agenda is hoping Mac2 fails. I can't believe you'd have similar beliefs to them. You're a Buff fan. So why can't you get on board and get excited about the team?

Okay then, go ahead and argue how I am wrong, since nobody has really been able to yet.

I think a lot of folks here don't care much about "moral victories" or how entertaining a game is.

That's fine and fair.

Some fans feel exactly as bad after a 7 point loss as a 40 point loss (or exactly as good after a win by any score).

Truthfully, I'm usually like that. This is the first time in my life I can remember enjoying a losing season. I'm a little weirded out by that. Just shows how far I was beaten down by CU football that I can be this happy about simply showing life and competing.

My apologies to everyone else here for arguing with him. I need to let it go and let him think what he wants to think. I have no idea why I react to him like I do.

I need to be like Elsa and Let It Go.

I'm with you on being happy for the first time ever with a losing season. In the 1990s and early Barnett years, any loss was really tough to swallow. Now I can see a loss and as long as we are improving, I'll take it. Eventually our huge losses have become close losses and I feel like we are ALLLLMMMMMOOOSSST there to where we can expect to win. We are so close.

The fresno State game and beat downs of the past few years have made winning a longer term goal. I'm content to give our coach time to get is back to being a contender. I wish it would happen immediately, but it is happening faster than I expected.

I think a lot of folks here don't care much about "moral victories" or how entertaining a game is.

That's fine and fair.

Some fans feel exactly as bad after a 7 point loss as a 40 point loss (or exactly as good after a win by any score).

Truthfully, I'm usually like that. This is the first time in my life I can remember enjoying a losing season. I'm a little weirded out by that. Just shows how far I was beaten down by CU football that I can be this happy about simply showing life and competing.

Look, both sides of this argument have legit points.

My eyeballs tell me that what I'm seeing (particularly on offense) is far better than what I saw last year, so in that regard we look improved.

But, wins matter too and if you told me before the season that at the halfway point we'd be 2-4 with a loss to CSU and squeaked by Umass and Hawaii for our two wins I'd be very disappointed.

For now the glimpses of competent football I see that weren't there last year gives me hope, but sooner than later it does have to turn into wins.

Okay then, go ahead and argue how I am wrong, since nobody has really been able to yet.

It seems both Tini and the OP referencing the coaches from other teams already did that. You have dismissed that information anyway. I don't think there's much more we can do than wait to see what happens in the next game.

That's fine and fair.

Just seeing them competitive is huge and entertaining as all get out. A sole focus on winning alone is really boring and fit mostly for the NFL.

Watched Bud Davis, Eddie , Mallory, Chuckles, Mac....all of them, each in their turn.

In the end, its watching a team compete that is most fun for me and that's why I will always disparage WB. His teams failed Football 101:Practice hard and Compete! Fresno and Stanford in Boulder almost made me give up my season tix---that lack of competitiveness made me ill.

Now I'm having fun again and actually get a chuckle from the apoplexy of the brainless rants of Buffedup, Syko and Insider. erf! erf! erf!

I think we all react to that cause a lot of us are really optimistic about what's going on with CU football.

And doesn't it say a lot that this season is the first one where there are so many people on the board who can talk about improvement?

My apologies to everyone else here for arguing with him. I need to let it go and let him think what he wants to think. I have no idea why I react to him like I do.

I need to be like Elsa and Let It Go.

I think we all react to that cause a lot of us are really optimistic about what's going on with CU football.

And doesn't it say a lot that this season is the first one where there are so many people on the board who can talk about improvement?

It is nice. I am an admitted sunshine pumper (not Tini grade, but more Walmart or Target grade) and really tried to see 7 to 8 wins for this year. You can that we COULD be 5-1 pretty easily right now with only a handful of mistakes corrected in each game, and if so, you could look at a 5-1 team and find 7 or 8 possible wins for the year. Sadly, the defensive injuries has meant we have not stopped teams as much as I thought we could. Special teams pretty much lost the Cal game, and I had hoped with them playing so much better at the end of last year that they would not be a detriment to this team this year. Between having to play very young kids on the DL and Gillams injury, the great DB core we have has not been able to take over a game defensively. Front 7 needs more bodies and experience. I can see several kids growing each week, which is nice.

Offense is better than I expected, even with the run game not being as good as I hoped. Or is it that the passing game has done so much better that it makes the run game look subpar? We will learn so much with the last 6 games this year.

I still think we will win at least one, probably 2 games if the team keeps improving like it has from CSU to OSU. If we get a third then the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes will happen for 'what might have been'. I love the fire from MM, I like the attitude I am seeing from the Buffs. I know CSU learned more winning games against the bottom feeders in the MWC than we thought they would, and it showed in coming back against WSU, even though we tried to shake that off to the Pirate and Cougin' it. Now we need our kids to get those hard fought wins, learn that lesson, and develop that killer instinct. We get the lead and don't hold it. More defensive pressure and better in gaps to stop the opponents run game and I think this team will take a great step forward.

It has been really what... 4? 5 years since we felt like we were honestly competitive on the field? Yes, not getting the wins we want, but damn, these kids are fighting and growing before our eyes. '85 Buffs revisited IMO.

For the record, I am not convinced we are that much better defensively. Yes, our defensive stats are better, but our offensive stats are off the charts better so far. Take that away, and I really question where would we be stat wise on defense.

damn you guys are super mean to buffedup
That happens when you continue to back an indefensible position and resort to degree cred.

i could tell everyone what my ACT math score was, what my BS was in at CU, or where I worked on my MBA. None that means **** for what I genuinely know about football, which could be held in a recycled tuna fish can compared to folks that have lived the game.

So what was the final verdict? Improved or regressed?

I'll leave that here and slowly back away...

That happens when you continue to back an indefensible position and resort to degree cred.

i could tell everyone what my ACT math score was, what my BS was in at CU, or where I worked on my MBA. None that means **** for what I genuinely know about football, which could be held in a recycled tuna fish can compared to folks that have lived the game.

He was called an idiot and responded in kind. I don't really see what's so wrong with that. He didn't just roll up in a thread and mention he's smarter than everyone here because he has a physics degree.

I'm failing to see him saying he knows more about football than anyone here. It's not like you've never dropped your creds either, Mr. Rainbow Warrior.

How is this a 6 page debate? We're a MUCH better football team. We still suck dick, but, we're not even in the same zip code as last years team. MM is doing a fantastic job and although we have no more wins yet, and I doubt we will, we're clearly going in the right direction. Should 2-10 be celebrated? No chance. Should clear progress be exciting? Absolutely. Be proud Buff fans...the road to relevance is once again here. I think some of us think we're Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi or some ****. "Winning isnt everything, it's the only thing". We're fans. Getting better is a pretty good ****ing thing. Im drunk, debate over, ****.

How is this a 6 page debate? We're a MUCH better football team. We still suck dick, but, we're not even in the same zip code as last years team. MM is doing a fantastic job and although we have no more wins yet, and I doubt we will, we're clearly going in the right direction. Should 2-10 be celebrated? No chance. Should clear progress be exciting? Absolutely. Be proud Buff fans...the road to relevance is once again here. I think some of us think we're Bear Bryant or Vince Lombardi or some ****. "Winning isnt everything, it's the only thing". We're fans. Getting better is a pretty good ****ing thing. Im drunk, debate over, ****.

Lock the thread! It has been decided and truth provided. #winnerwinnerchickendinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Excellent post.

He was called an idiot and responded in kind. I don't really see what's so wrong with that. He didn't just roll up in a thread and mention he's smarter than everyone here because he has a physics degree.

I'm failing to see him saying he knows more about football than anyone here. It's not like you've never dropped your creds either, Mr. Rainbow Warrior.

Physics sucks. Only someone that was in a dark place would want to get a degree in physics.

Signed,
The Mines Grad

AKA I know a lot about being in a sad and dark place due to studies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no idea I had gotten in to how my love for fly fishing makes me smarter about football. I will have to go back and reread my own posts.

In in the future, I will just acknowledge a black and white world with no grey is an absolute and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Back