What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improvements, Renovations, and Upgrades to Folsom Field

I understand the need for having an indoor practice facility to attract recruits, but I have to laugh when I know what the Broncos use for their own indoor facility. It is just a bubble, and they share it with a bunch of other local teams including youth soccer (see South Suburban Sports Dome). Unless there is dangerous weather (thunderstorms, icy conditions, extreme cold) they man up and play at their outdoor facility, which really isn't that fancy either IMO.

Oh well, we are ruled by perception in all walks of life these days,,

I am happy to see a committment to the football program by the administration, improvements need to be made and many areas need to be updated. I am looking forward to seeing if they follow through with them (regardless of what the contracts say, I'm sure they have an out if they think they need it).
Ahem:
Joe Ellis says bubble may soon be thing of the past

really stupid post by flounder. make a new thread if you want to talk about the ****ing jaguars.

Who gives a ****ing **** about the Jaguars?

Who the **** choses "'Tini" as the name?

timmy_CrippleFight_400.jpg

Anyways about our video boards... didn't they say something about fixing the sound system this offseason?

I'm now convinced that DiStefeno is the anti and BB realizes how athletics can help :wtf:

1. Sound system
2. Beer sales
3. Dancing girls
4. Boat parking
5. Hot tub rental at the stadium

Like the comment by HCMM (banana smuggler)

"Our facility is good, but to do what we want to do consistently and what you all want to do, we've got to do something," MacIntyre said. "We're going to give everything we have on the field and we're going to improve and we're going to keep getting better, but to do what we want to do ... all of this has to start moving forward and to be frank with you, it has to start moving forward pretty fast."

I looked at the 2nd pdf linked and have to say:

1. this looks really amateurish. Those drawing are nothing like what an architect or planner should do.
2. The plan listed "Element #1, Element #2 and Element #C" Again, very amateurish and rushed looking
3. a "bold new era" is a line out of Startrek - probably where benson got it.

I think the Pac12 demanded to see some progress and this was the best the AD could do on short notice

I looked at the 2nd pdf linked and have to say:

1. this looks really amateurish. Those drawing are nothing like what an architect or planner should do.
2. The plan listed "Element #1, Element #2 and Element #C" Again, very amateurish and rushed looking
3. a "bold new era" is a line out of Startrek - probably where benson got it.

I think the Pac12 demanded to see some progress and this was the best the AD could do on short notice
Plus, the last slide is improvements to the Coors Events Center. WTF? I think it was a ppt put together by some grad student or intern.

some people aren't happy with anything. I think we should have given our Trustee's highly advanced blueprints.

My only issue with the IPF is why build it north of the current practice fields? Why not build it where they are now and leave one covered and one open and make the parking lot where the dirt one is right now?

Oh hey...and now Graham Watson has weighed in on the Dr. Saturday blog and somehow managed to put the most negative spin possible on the announcement. The Ringo family strikes again. Not even going to link the story.

Back