What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Improvements to Folsom

Closed North End w/ Larger Buff Vision Video Boards

ClosedNorthEndLargerBuffVision.jpg

What about budgeting for the painting of the flatirons gold or black depending upon whether upcoming game was a gold or blackout?

Closed North End w/ Larger Buff Vision Video Boards

ClosedNorthEndLargerBuffVision.jpg

+1 this would be my choice too! This way you close it off but still keep Dal Ward. The players can run out underneath the two tunnels on each side which woud look reall cool as well.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see the following:

Expand the stadium to 80K. To do this, you'd have to enclose the North end, extend the top level seating all the way around the South end zone, and take out the Flatirons Club seats and add a new level of club seats/luxury seats to mirror what's on the East Side.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see the following:

Expand the stadium to 80K. To do this, you'd have to enclose the North end, extend the top level seating all the way around the South end zone, and take out the Flatirons Club seats and add a new level of club seats/luxury seats to mirror what's on the East Side.

Serious question:

Is this a "if you build it they will come" philosophy, or do you anticipate a sudden upswing in attendance?

What happened with the idea of allowing a company to purchase naming rights to Folsom Field ?
I don't don't the idea but if CU could convince this company to give big $$ and at the same time
purchase the video boards & improve sound I's be fine with that. I want instant gratification.

What happened with the idea of allowing a company to purchase naming rights to Folsom Field ?
I don't don't the idea but if CU could convince this company to give big $$ and at the same time
purchase the video boards & improve sound I's be fine with that. I want instant gratification.

The whole idea was shut down after Iowa State tried to buy the naming rights and call it "The Cyclone/Bird Thingie Stadium".

The administration figured that it wouldn't go well for the team if every game was an away game.

1- Scoreboards/Video boards. Our' boards suck donkey. The South end needs something 3-4 times larger
2- Flatiron Club renovation. This has been needed since before they built the East side club level/suites. Now it just looks rundown.
3- Close the North end

I would like to see them clean up the stinking cesspool the players have had to share the east sidelines with for the last 4 1/2 years...

Serious question:

Is this a "if you build it they will come" philosophy, or do you anticipate a sudden upswing in attendance?

A little of both. I think that with a new coach, the record will improve, which will make people want to come to the games more. Bohn has done a masterful job of getting people into the stands to watch a dog sh*t team. He's generating a fanbase that will come to games in the future.

The 80K figure has a meaning to it. I didn't just pull that figure out of the air. Invesco holds 76K. If we have a stadium that holds (and sells) 80K seats, the Denver Media would have to pay us more respect than we're getting now.

So in many ways it's a "Build it and then work your ass off to fill it" philosophy.

A little of both. I think that with a new coach, the record will improve, which will make people want to come to the games more. Bohn has done a masterful job of getting people into the stands to watch a dog sh*t team. He's generating a fanbase that will come to games in the future.

The 80K figure has a meaning to it. I didn't just pull that figure out of the air. Invesco holds 76K. If we have a stadium that holds (and sells) 80K seats, the Denver Media would have to pay us more respect than we're getting now.

So in many ways it's a "Build it and then work your ass off to fill it" philosophy.

I'd like to see us sell out what we have first. I know that we're doing a decent job of getting butts in the seats with a substandard product (with all due respect to our hard-working student athletes) on the field. But we didn't sell out every game of the MNC season in 1990.

Didn't Dick Tharp take a lot of heat for building the box seats with optimistic dreams of filling them? Of course, they're sold now, so maybe he was a visionary. Maybe you are too, but I'd be as embarrassed as hell if we expanded only to show off our shiny new seats on TV.

There has to be a waiting list for season tickets and several sell outs per year before expansion is even a twinkle in our eye. video boards first.

I'd like to see us sell out what we have first. I know that we're doing a decent job of getting butts in the seats with a substandard product (with all due respect to our hard-working student athletes) on the field. But we didn't sell out every game of the MNC season in 1990.

Didn't Dick Tharp take a lot of heat for building the box seats with optimistic dreams of filling them? Of course, they're sold now, so maybe he was a visionary. Maybe you are too, but I'd be as embarrassed as hell if we expanded only to show off our shiny new seats on TV.

1.) Reno the Flatirons club (already in the works)
2.) at least 1 new set of video boards
3.) small seat expansion, perhaps close one side of the north end.

1.) Reno the Flatirons club (already in the works)
2.) at least 1 new set of video boards
3.) small seat expansion, perhaps close one side of the north end.

So it will be filled with nickel slots and retirees gambling away their SS checks whilst smoking an American Spirit cigarette?

Ruff why did you use the fusker video board in your mock up? did u think i wouldnt notice. you know my intense hate for them. :p

I just assumed a bunch of drunk fans stole it from lincoln and installed it Folsom. I thought it was brilliant. Go Buffs!

We would have taken their mascot, but you can't kidnap the willing.

Back