1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In game ap.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 13, 2014.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Get it. It's very cool. Looks like they'll have playbacks, live audio streams, and in game stats. I hope they have some good WiFi in the stadium to support it, though. I'm planning on giving it a good workout today. If the WiFi sucks, it will be a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

RG has supposedly been working with AT&T, i think, to improve the in stadium Wi-Fi. GUess we will find out soon enough.

Its ****in GAMEDAY!

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

RG is like our own Larry Scott, coming up with innovative ways to market CU athletics. :thumbsup:

4. sackman

I still have concerns about WiFi coverage, capacity and speed. That's the kind of thing CU would historically forget about. Come out with a great app, don't support it with adequate infrastructure.

5. sackman

Hate to say "I told you so" but...

did anybody else try the app? I couldn't get connected, there was no audio feed, etc.

great, great idea, horribly failed execution.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

+1. I know NFL stadiums are having issues with cell phone overload and a lack of wifi as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think the issue is specific to CU but I would hope that our Pac12 ties, and all the emphasis on technology, would help us fix this sooner rather than later. The app is great but not very useful if you can't get any connectivity.

7. tsarbomba

tsarbomba One Damn Dirty Ape Club Member

I didn't start really trying to use the app until the second half, when the crowd had significantly thinned out, but I was able to get real-time stats, which I thought was useful. I could not find any wifi that could be accessed, at least in Sec 216, but my normal ATT LTE actually gave me access, which was a new experience for me. My section is directly above the student section, and I saw more than a few of them holding their cell phones above their heads in order to try to get a better signal to send text messages (I could actually see what app was open from where I was sitting). If they want more student participation, and prolonged student participation (i.e. into the second half for a night game), they really need to figure out a way that the kids can use their smartphones during the game.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Spiff can back me up on this regarding the wifi, because this is just basic science. Once they get the matter/anti matter converter and flux capacitor in place, the wifi will ROCK! :thumbsup:

9. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

worked fine for me on verizon