1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In honor of coach Crowder

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I know there are already two threads on Crowder, but I thought an honor thread would be appropriate. Feel free to add to this with Crowder memories. ( Before my time, my dad told me a lot, but would love to find out more about him)

Crowders 1971 Buffs
    10-2 #3 final ranking behind Nebraska and Oklahoma. Only time a confrence has finished 1,2,3 in the final polls.

@ #9 LSU W 31-21
    Wyoming W 56-13
    @ #6 Ohio St. W 20-14
    Kansas St. W 31-21
    @ Iowa St. W 24-14
    @ #2 Oklahoma L 17-45
    Missouri W 27-7
    @ #1 Nebraska L 7-31
    @ Kansas W 35-14
    Oklahoma St. W 40-6
    Air Force W 53-17
    Bluebonnet Bowl vs. #15 Houston, W 29-17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Thanks for your tribute. There are many who will miss Eddie. He was always a gentleman. Here is a photo of our Bluebonnet Bowl ring from 1971. It was his highest ranked team and finished #3 in the nation. There are so many stories. He remembered and loved all of his players, from the All-Americans to the lowliest of walk-ons and everyone in between. I know this because I was a very lowly walk-on:smile:and Eddie was very kind to me and never forgot me. He is the man behind one of best experiences of my lifetime.

[​IMG]

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

The memorial service is open to the public. My pops and I might stop by to pay our respects to a great man. Rest in peace coach.