What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In honor of coach Crowder

Unleash Hell

I know there are already two threads on Crowder, but I thought an honor thread would be appropriate. Feel free to add to this with Crowder memories. ( Before my time, my dad told me a lot, but would love to find out more about him)

Crowders 1971 Buffs
10-2 #3 final ranking behind Nebraska and Oklahoma. Only time a confrence has finished 1,2,3 in the final polls.

@ #9 LSU W 31-21
Wyoming W 56-13
@ #6 Ohio St. W 20-14
Kansas St. W 31-21
@ Iowa St. W 24-14
@ #2 Oklahoma L 17-45
Missouri W 27-7
@ #1 Nebraska L 7-31
@ Kansas W 35-14
Oklahoma St. W 40-6
Air Force W 53-17
Bluebonnet Bowl vs. #15 Houston, W 29-17

150px-Eddie_Crowder.JPG

507094.jpg

Thanks for your tribute. There are many who will miss Eddie. He was always a gentleman. Here is a photo of our Bluebonnet Bowl ring from 1971. It was his highest ranked team and finished #3 in the nation. There are so many stories. He remembered and loved all of his players, from the All-Americans to the lowliest of walk-ons and everyone in between. I know this because I was a very lowly walk-on:smile:and Eddie was very kind to me and never forgot me. He is the man behind one of best experiences of my lifetime.

71buffs.jpg

The memorial service is open to the public. My pops and I might stop by to pay our respects to a great man. Rest in peace coach.

Crowder service set
Camera staff report
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The memorial service for Eddie Crowder has been set for this Saturday, Sept. 13, at 2:00 p.m. in the east side club rooms of Folsom Field.

It is open to the public and there will be free parking around the stadium.

To access the club rooms, people can take the elevator between gates 8 and 9 to the fifth level.

Back