What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In prepping for Missouri, CU's Hawkins says QB Gabbert among nation's best

RSSBot

News Junkie
If Dan Hawkins had a vote, it sounds like the Colorado coach would rate Missouri junior quarterback Blaine Gabbert among the nation's best at that position.

More...

Dan Hawkins:

Still sounds clueless to me.

Allow me to translate: "We'll line up in a standard 3-4 and rush the passer from that formation all day long. They'll never expect it. I mean, hey, it's one of those deals that is like, 'hey, they would never try that FIVE times in a row, would they?' so we got that kind of deal going for us. Kind of."

I think it read like:

"Well they spread you out so you need as many pass defenders as possible, while rushing as few as possible. On defense, everyone else runs them over, but we seem to have trouble with the little things vs them. Pinky is a pretty average coach, but gosh he sure outcoaches me. Last year we were about 2 plays from winning that game, so if we get the ball to bounce our way, I think we have a chance to compete. Obviously you want the game to play more like it did last year than the two years before that, where we were quite a few plays from winning those games. I expect our team to show up and battle, but it's one of those things, you never know if your best is good enough, so we're just going to get up in the morning and go to class and not worry about it."

Back