1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In prepping for Missouri, CU's Hawkins says QB Gabbert among nation's best

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 5, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

If Dan Hawkins had a vote, it sounds like the Colorado coach would rate Missouri junior quarterback Blaine Gabbert among the nation's best at that position.

More...

2. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Dan Hawkins:
    Still sounds clueless to me.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Allow me to translate: "We'll line up in a standard 3-4 and rush the passer from that formation all day long. They'll never expect it. I mean, hey, it's one of those deals that is like, 'hey, they would never try that FIVE times in a row, would they?' so we got that kind of deal going for us. Kind of."

MrFrumpylane likes this.
  4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I think it read like:

"Well they spread you out so you need as many pass defenders as possible, while rushing as few as possible. On defense, everyone else runs them over, but we seem to have trouble with the little things vs them. Pinky is a pretty average coach, but gosh he sure outcoaches me. Last year we were about 2 plays from winning that game, so if we get the ball to bounce our way, I think we have a chance to compete. Obviously you want the game to play more like it did last year than the two years before that, where we were quite a few plays from winning those games. I expect our team to show up and battle, but it's one of those things, you never know if your best is good enough, so we're just going to get up in the morning and go to class and not worry about it."