What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In State

So I think following the pretty crappy season this year JE is putting together a very solid recruiting class. A lot of the 3 star kids he is landing are ones that are picking between CU and other top name programs like USC, UCLA, Washington etc. Nice change from the years of Hawk when we had 2 and 3 star guys that picked CU over Nevada, CSU and Boise. I think there are definitely tiers of 3 star recruits and I think JE has gotten a higher level player than Hawk so far. And I think we still have a decent chance to pick up 2 or so 4 star kids. BUT my biggest complaint is we are again losing ALL the top in state talent. We are only able to get 2 of the top 10 to stay at CU? (None of which are the top 5) And we are losing them to Oregon, Nebraska, Washington, Washington state and Auburn? WTF? I have been slacking this year following the recruiting stuff but anyone know whats going on? Is there a lack of emphasis on Colorado kids? Is the Colorado recruiter failing miserably? or is this some fluke? Anyone have any insight?

Those are interesting topics that you brought up.

You may want to search some of the recruiting threads, as these issues have been and are continuing to be discussed at length.

I'm sure we'll have some new recruiting issues to discuss after we find out who signs on the dotted line on NSD. It's coming up soon, and I've once again become obsessed with keeping up on the recruiting news.

The Colorado kids that have gone other places have built up relationships elsewhere over the last 4 years while Hawk diddled the program around. Embree has a vision and is trying to build relationships with schools, players, coaches here in CO, down in TX, and in CA primarily and it just takes time. I think that the kids that we have lost out on have kind of had their minds set about leaving CO for a while now and this years class seemed to be lost before it even started. We should expect to see Colorado kids start to regain interest in the hometown schools and not see so many of them leave the state in the near future.

Back