What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In The End Will This Season Rank With Worst Of Them?

I should cut and paste surveyor's PMs to me. Yikes. These DBs are even worse than I thought.

nike-just-do-it1.jpg

Surveyor -

Are you really a Buff fan?

From your very own "public" post:

"No way you can be a buff and a Husker fan. Once again....go **** yourself."

Notice something about it?

I do: "buff" would be "Buff" if I had posted it.

GFY!

Have a great week! Any guess how the Huskers do against Minnesota?
BTW! I do think the Huskers are over rated at #13 in the new BCS poll. They should be around #18 to #20.

Buffsurveyor -

Your a douch!
You are one person who needs to get on with life.

Pull your head out of "God's Ass" long enough to see the light! The Buffs suck this year and it looks to be historic.

The way this season is going it could rank to be as poor as they come in terms of wins and loses.

1890: 0-4 (no coach) (first year of Colorado football and the only 0 win season on the books)
1980: 1-10 (Fairbanks) Enough said.......the dark ages.
1984: 1-10 (McCartney) The beginning of something special for Colorado Football.
2006: 2-10 (Hawkins) Not much to say......to much zen I guess.
2011: 1-6 so far and the schedule isn't an easy one the rest of the way.

What do you see for the future of Colorado football under the Embree regime?
It's been a rough start to say the least.

2006 and 2011 have links to it. Its awesome that Embree is keeping links to our glorious past through the losing seasons. Pure awesome.

This'll be the worst. I think its pretty likely that we don't come within 10 or maybe 20 points of a win from here on out. I just don't see how we stop anyone from moving the ball or how we score any points. Sad state of affairs.

This'll be the worst. I think its pretty likely that we don't come within 10 or maybe 20 points of a win from here on out. I just don't see how we stop anyone from moving the ball or how we score any points. Sad state of affairs.

+1. We look lost out there.

When Halk was the HC, the ****ing Rammies and Huskers at my office would give me **** 24/7, but as soon as Embree was hired they shut up.

They knew DII was POS and I think they know it will just be a matter of time before a real head coach turns this thing around.

I'll be patient and give Embree and Bieniemy some time to bring in their own players. If we still suck, I will be pissed that I drank the Kool-Aid once again.
Too many Hawkins girlie boys on this team. Give Embree and Bieniemy at least 3 years to bring in their own players.

Too many Hawkins girlie boys on this team. Give Embree and Bieniemy at least 3 years to bring in their own players.

One thing is for sure - next year's team is going to look A LOT different.

Toney Clemons (WR) - gone
Logan Gray (WR) - gone
Kyle Cefalo (WR) - gone
Ethan Adkins (OL) - gone
Shawn Daniels (OL) - gone
Ryan Miller (OL) - gone
Sione Tau (OL) - gone
Blake Behrens (OL) - gone
Ryan Deehan (TE) - gone
Matt Bahr (TE) - gone
Tyler Hansen (QB) - gone
Rodney Stewart (RB) - gone
Evan Harrington (FB) - gone
Curtis Cunningham (DL) - gone
Conrad Obi (DL) - gone
Josh Hartigan (LB) - gone
David Goldberg (LB) - gone
Patrick Mahnke (LB) - gone
Tyler Ahles (LB) - gone
Jason Espinoza (DB) - gone
Anthony Perkins (DB) - gone
Johnathon Hawkins (DB) - gone
Brian Lockridge (DB) - gone
Travis Sandersfeld (DB) - gone
Arthur Jaffee (DB) - gone

Assuming there is some attrition before the start of the 2012 season -- it is going to be pretty much entirely Embree's team (i.e. Embree's recruits) sooner rather than later.

Surveyor -

Are you really a Buff fan?

From your very own "public" post:

"No way you can be a buff and a Husker fan. Once again....go **** yourself."

Notice something about it?

I do: "buff" would be "Buff" if I had posted it.

GFY!

Have a great week! Any guess how the Huskers do against Minnesota?
BTW! I do think the Huskers are over rated at #13 in the new BCS poll. They should be around #18 to #20.

I think we roll the **** out of Minnesota. #18/#20? C'MON MAN! We have some serious issues on both sides of the ball but I think were just about right on the ranking. I think we'll most likely lose 2 more but I'm hoping we can keep it a one loss season although highly unlikely. I think we will stuggle against Michigan and Michigan State. Michigan most of all because we've already shown we are horrible at containing scrambling QB's.

As a Husker fan I have to say it's not even cool to see you guys sucking this bad because I miss talking trash about CU but at this state if you talk trash at the Buffs you just sound like a dick. I don't know wtf is wrong with your program but I hope you guys get it figured out.....Colorado shouldn't be losing to ****** teams this badly. Please beat Oregon and their stupid ass uniforms.

The Fairbanks years were the worst. We're losing to halfway decent (and sometimes very good) teams. Fairbanks would lose to Drake. This season hurts, but it's not close to the worst we've ever had. At least now, we can look and see there is some hope. We have some decent players coming in. Maybe we're putting too much hope on Dillon's shoulders, I don't know.

We all knew this was going to be a tough year. It's turned out to be tougher than we had expected.

I think we roll the **** out of Minnesota. #18/#20? C'MON MAN! We have some serious issues on both sides of the ball but I think were just about right on the ranking. I think we'll most likely lose 2 more but I'm hoping we can keep it a one loss season although highly unlikely. I think we will stuggle against Michigan and Michigan State. Michigan most of all because we've already shown we are horrible at containing scrambling QB's.

As a Husker fan I have to say it's not even cool to see you guys sucking this bad because I miss talking trash about CU but at this state if you talk trash at the Buffs you just sound like a dick. I don't know wtf is wrong with your program but I hope you guys get it figured out.....Colorado shouldn't be losing to ****** teams this badly. Please beat Oregon and their stupid ass uniforms.

Wow, too pathetic to incite a fusker to trash talk, we have hit rock-bottom.

Losing sucks. FACT! It sucks whether you're sending your old coach packing or welcoming your new coach. It sucks whether your team is mostly seniors or all freshman. It sucks when you lose by a few points every week or get blown out every Saturday. Losing doesn't teach any lessons, it just sucks. Here's to winning in the future.

Wow, too pathetic to incite a fusker to trash talk, we have hit rock-bottom.

It's funny...the minute this season started I just didn't really HATE colorado much anymore....I think not being in the same conference I really just lost the rivalry. I hope we get to play you again sometime in the near future so I can hate you more again. I'm going back for the 4th consecutive year for the Thanksgiving game and this year is against Iowa and not CU....it's going to be strange. Oh yeah, and **** Iowa.

That's the right place to look, but are they doing it? It's a zero sum game. Right now CU is ranked 11 out of 12 Pac 10 teams. That doesn't mean much because it's only October, but it's an indication of someting. CU needs some four star players. CU and WSU are the only two schools to have zero four star committs.

Look at the the bottom of every conference and look at the recruiting patters for the bottom teams. There are patterns for sure. This is very typical at this point in the year: Zero five stars, zero four stars, around 10 (+/-) three stars, and the rest two stars or below.

For the record, you sounded like a dick, even when we didn't suck quite this much.

Look at the the bottom of every conference and look at the recruiting patters for the bottom teams. There are patterns for sure. This is very typical at this point in the year: Zero five stars, zero four stars, around 10 (+/-) three stars, and the rest two stars or below.
So you mean like the 2007 and 2008 classes?

We shouldn't be expecting to be at the top of the recruiting list. Somewhere around 7th or 8th is probably as good as we can realistically expect this year. The trick is to get the guys who ranked 7th to play like the guys who were ranked 3rd and 4th.

This is by far the worst season I can personally remember although I'd be willing to bet the years we lost to Drake were far, far worse.

The Drake losses sucked beyond description, when you lose two years in a row to what was basically a division 2 team that was a loser in its own level then you understand futility and frustration.

The worst thing about the Fairbanks era was that there was no real hope, we knew he wasn't working hard to change the losing, he was just collecting his check and remodeling his office.

With Embree we at least know that he is working as hard as possible to make things better. We know that if he has anything to do with it both the talent and the effort will get better.

This is by far the worst season I can personally remember although I'd be willing to bet the years we lost to Drake were far, far worse.

This season resembles 2005. There is a new coach inheriting team that is talent poor. The fans start out enthusiastic, and then the honeymoon quickly ends.

2005 was worse, though. The opening loss to Montana State was brutal. The offense led by B-Jax could do nothing.
I'd prefer to watch Hansen, Speedy & PRich any day over that sputtering 2005 offense.

This 2011 defense, however, is as bad as I can remember. This is the first year in a long time where the offense is the best unit on the team. That's not saying much, but at least they are capable of more than 20 points.

The Montana St. year was the worst ive seen. Wasnt around for the Drake bull****. However 1997-98 was disappointing as hell, a team picked to win the national title by SI, goes 5-6. Weasel had already started to make our team pillow soft by that time, had a great recruiting class coming in till he left for Udub tho. He would have ****ed it up anyway. Id be happy just to go 5-6 right about now, yes I know we play more games now.

This season resembles 2006. There is a new coach inheriting team that is talent poor. The fans start out enthusiastic, and then the honeymoon quickly ends.

2006 was worse, though. The opening loss to Montana State was brutal. The offense led by B-Jax could do nothing.
I'd prefer to watch Hansen, Speedy & PRich any day over that sputtering 2006 offense.

This 2011 defense, however, is as bad as I can remember. This is the first year in a long time where the offense is the best unit on the team. That's not saying much, but at least they are capable of more than 20 points.

Fixed it for you

Back