1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incoming running backs

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by mcbuff, May 22, 2010.

1. mcbuff

mcbuff New Member

Anyone have any insight into which of the four incoming running backs could contribute early? Based on the depth at the position, seems like one of them needs to step up and pound out some tough yards.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Hard to tell, who knows what Hawk is going to do on offense. Also it seems as if a lot of the recruits are likely to end up moved to different positions.

Just looking at it the first two look to be Speedy and Lock. In that case we will have a real lack of size and power back there, maybe an opening for Clark-Allen to fit in as a short yardage guy.

3. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I was thinking the same thing - They need a change-of-pace bruiser like Cordary Clark or Justin Torez.

Query: You referred to "Clark-Allen". Is that two different people, in which case who is Allen? Or is Cordary Clark going by a different name?

4. MtnBuff

Just one guy, that's how they listed him on the press release after LOI day. I have seen him listed simply as Clark and also with the Clark-Allen.

5. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I agree on the need for a power back to be in the mix, but I also think one of the Jones' will step in right away as RB/special teams guy. I think Trea is more "college ready" from size/strength and grades to play as a freshman but he is coming off a bad ankle injury late in the football year of 2009.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

until one of our tandem QB's develops into an audible monster like Josh Heupel or a zone-read freak like Ell Roberson/Vince Young.....while i love Speedy's heart not sure our version of Quentin Griffin or Darren Sproles can do it alone.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

My best guess:

Cordary Clark plays as a true freshman.

Tony Jones redshirts and is the heir apparent to Speedy Stewart.

Trea Jones ends up at Safety.

Justin Torres ends up at Linebacker.

8. MtnBuff

All very possible,

Even with the four years of losing I am impressed with the athletic ability of the players Hawk brought in this year. I honestly believe that next year at this time we have a new coach, that new coach will be picking up the pieces and fitting guys into his system.

What gives me encouragement and hope is that the talent left for the new coach will be across the board better than what Hawk found here when he was hired. Maybe not many star type players of the level of Dizon, Wheatley, or Vickers but many more players at many more positions that are Big XII quality guys.

9. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

We've got a lot of great possibilities. This staff does so much with talent so I'm excited about all the stars we'll see this season.

10. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

:rofl2: Now that was funny!

11. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I am under the impression that Tony Jones projects the best out of all of them -- is that true? I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to these guys.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

imho he does, but unless he sets the world on fire its going to be tough to crack the lineup as a small back this year... we got a lot of those.