What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Incoming running backs

mcbuff

Anyone have any insight into which of the four incoming running backs could contribute early? Based on the depth at the position, seems like one of them needs to step up and pound out some tough yards.

Hard to tell, who knows what Hawk is going to do on offense. Also it seems as if a lot of the recruits are likely to end up moved to different positions.

Just looking at it the first two look to be Speedy and Lock. In that case we will have a real lack of size and power back there, maybe an opening for Clark-Allen to fit in as a short yardage guy.

Hard to tell, who knows what Hawk is going to do on offense. Also it seems as if a lot of the recruits are likely to end up moved to different positions.

Just looking at it the first two look to be Speedy and Lock. In that case we will have a real lack of size and power back there, maybe an opening for Clark-Allen to fit in as a short yardage guy.

I was thinking the same thing - They need a change-of-pace bruiser like Cordary Clark or Justin Torez.

Query: You referred to "Clark-Allen". Is that two different people, in which case who is Allen? Or is Cordary Clark going by a different name?

Query: You referred to "Clark-Allen". Is that two different people, in which case who is Allen? Or is Cordary Clark going by a different name?

Just one guy, that's how they listed him on the press release after LOI day. I have seen him listed simply as Clark and also with the Clark-Allen.

I agree on the need for a power back to be in the mix, but I also think one of the Jones' will step in right away as RB/special teams guy. I think Trea is more "college ready" from size/strength and grades to play as a freshman but he is coming off a bad ankle injury late in the football year of 2009.

until one of our tandem QB's develops into an audible monster like Josh Heupel or a zone-read freak like Ell Roberson/Vince Young.....while i love Speedy's heart not sure our version of Quentin Griffin or Darren Sproles can do it alone.

My best guess:

Cordary Clark plays as a true freshman.

Tony Jones redshirts and is the heir apparent to Speedy Stewart.

Trea Jones ends up at Safety.

Justin Torres ends up at Linebacker.

My best guess:

Cordary Clark plays as a true freshman.

Tony Jones redshirts and is the heir apparent to Speedy Stewart.

Trea Jones ends up at Safety.

Justin Torres ends up at Linebacker.

All very possible,

Even with the four years of losing I am impressed with the athletic ability of the players Hawk brought in this year. I honestly believe that next year at this time we have a new coach, that new coach will be picking up the pieces and fitting guys into his system.

What gives me encouragement and hope is that the talent left for the new coach will be across the board better than what Hawk found here when he was hired. Maybe not many star type players of the level of Dizon, Wheatley, or Vickers but many more players at many more positions that are Big XII quality guys.

We've got a lot of great possibilities. This staff does so much with talent so I'm excited about all the stars we'll see this season.

I am under the impression that Tony Jones projects the best out of all of them -- is that true? I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to these guys.

I am under the impression that Tony Jones projects the best out of all of them -- is that true? I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to these guys.

imho he does, but unless he sets the world on fire its going to be tough to crack the lineup as a small back this year... we got a lot of those.

Back