What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Indiana: New Athlete Bill of Rights.

BeBe

Club Member
Club Member
Not sure where to put this but I thought it deserved to be posted.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/colle...l-of-rights-for-athletes-fred-glass/11506377/

The Bill of Rights itself grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ind/genrel/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/BillOfRights.pdf

It seems Indiana has maximized what they can offer and are willing to set this as the bar for others to match.

Unless I have mis-read something, from now on all student athletes get
1. An Ipad
2. Equivalency scholarships cannot be reduced for performance
3. Academic freedom and support
4. Ongoing free Health Care
5. All internal hiring committees will include student athletes.

All players in Men's and Women's Basketball, Football, Volleyball, and Women's Tennis
1. 4 Year Scholarships
2. Lifetime degree guarantee - Tuition, books and fees for any athlete who was eligible for 2 years who is readmitted.

I just read this so I'm sure I missed some stuff. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Last edited:
I think that you're going to see many more teams follow their lead soon. I know that some schools already offer things like guaranteed 4 year scholarships.

Back