What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Indy Bowl - Bama vs Colorado

Please for the love of Ralphie, let the Buffs Bowl game be in Arizona where most of us SoCal alumni can actually go, unlike the South, where there will be 1000 CU fans tops... ugh

here is what the DMN CFB beat writer thinks.... If OU wins the Big XII CCG, it will be OU/KU in the Fiesta, Mizzou to the Cotton.... If Mizzou wins the CCG, KU is still in the Fiesta while MIzou heads to the MNC in New Orleans....

either way he is say CU will be in Shreveport..... for the independence bowl...

Here are Chip Brown's Big 12 bowl projections if Missouri beats Oklahoma on Saturday night:

BCS national-title game: Missouri vs. West Virginia

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Kansas vs. Arizona State or Illinois

AT&T Cotton: Oklahoma vs. Arkansas (or LSU if Tigers lose to Tennessee)

Pacific Life Holiday: Texas vs. Oregon-Oregon State winner

Konica Minolta Gator: Texas Tech vs. Virginia

Valero Alamo: Texas A&M vs. Penn State or Michigan

Insight: Oklahoma State vs. Indiana or Michigan State

PetroSun Independence: Colorado vs. Kentucky

Here are Chip Brown's Big 12 bowl projections if Oklahoma beats Missouri:

BCS national-title game: West Virginia vs. Ohio State

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas

AT&T Cotton: Missouri vs. Arkansas (or LSU if Tigers lose to Tennessee)

Wouldn't be bad though. Its the only game that day. Exposure in the southeast. And a real coup if the Buffs can beat Bama in their "yard." The whole contry could watch Ralphie rumble!!!

Plus we'd get the honor of beating that liar they have as a HC.

Independence Bowl would be the best for CU exposure wise.
This bowl would be the ONLY game on tv and on ESPN during
'primetime.'

The Insight Bowl would not be seen by too many people
based on the NFL Network broadcast.

I would rather see CU play Bama and not Kentucky.
KU throws and that matchup scares me.
Either Indiana or Mich St = yawn.

:wow::cool:

I bet the 1992 or 93 Blockbuster Bowl was hard for you....I used to be a big Notre Dame fan growing up as well. in 89 i wore a ND sweatshirt and CU hat during the OB. in 90 i was CU all the way.

It wasn't that hard, and I was at Joe Robbie Stadium (as it was known back then) for the game and the offense change that Mac installed. Buffs are first - always.

As for your "growing up" allegiances, I'm no longer allowed to say what I'd like to say. :smile2:

It wasn't that hard, and I was at Joe Robbie Stadium (as it was known back then) for the game and the offense change that Mac installed. Buffs are first - always.

As for your "growing up" allegiances, I'm no longer allowed to say what I'd like to say. :smile2:

when you grow up in a Catholic family (both sides) you get a lot of ND shoved in your face. but like you, CU always was #1 on my list....when i was old enough to make my own decisions, CU was the ONLY choice.

everyone in my family roots for CU as well....except for the black sheep who went to CSU :huh:

I'd prefer the Insight bowl in Phoenix. Our fans will travel much better there and we'd probably have an easier opponent.

CU used to sign alot of players from Louisiana. LSU now takes the best, but that leaves alot of damn good players left for CU. Shreveport is just a short ride to Texas - it would be a great recruiting opportunity. Everybody in the state of Louisiana would be pulling for CU because of Saban. If he loses to CU, Bama fans may tar and feather his ass right there in Shreveport.:lol:

Much like with Boulder Buff's secondary allegiance, it's the relatives who are the slack-jawed yokels, not me.

it´d be a travesty if ku got an at-large bid over mizzou

Not really. 1 loss team vs. 2 loss team, both from the same conference.

The stars aligned for KU this year. Look for 3-4 losses (or maybe more) from them next year when they get OU and UT.

The stars aligned for KU this year. Look for 3-4 losses (or maybe more) from them next year when they get OU and UT.

KU had a joke of a schedule, Mizzou didn´t. If KU got an at-large bid over Mizzou, Mizzou effectively would be penalized for winning the North and beating KU and that simply isn´t right in my opinion.

Mizzou on Saturday proved they were a better team than KU and therefore, regardless of Saturday´s result, are more deserving of a BCS bid than KU.

KU had a joke of a schedule, Mizzou didn´t. If KU got an at-large bid over Mizzou, Mizzou effectively would be penalized for winning the North and beating KU and that simply isn´t right in my opinion.

Mizzou on Saturday proved they were a better team than KU and therefore, regardless of Saturday´s result, are more deserving of a BCS bid than KU.

That's pretty much the exact same thing that happened with Nebraska in 2001.

Also South Florida on the road.

I say let them have their moment in the sun. I'm thinking this might be the only real chance at a BCS bowl they ever get.

KU played in the Big 12, just like Mizzouri did, and has only 1 loss. And it's not like Mizzou blew KU out. That game went down to the wire.

And if you want to talk about strange BCS bids, look no farther than NU in 2001. They lost the last game of the season (and got blown the fvck out, unlike KU and MU's game) and played in the MNC game. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

KU played in the Big 12, just like Mizzouri did, and has only 1 loss. And it's not like Mizzou blew KU out. That game went down to the wire.

KU were lucky in that they had a pansie ass OOC schedule and in that they played neither Texas nor Oklahoma during the regular season. I just don´t want KU to get rewarded for this.

But then my feelings for Kansas might be similar to your feelings for Mizzou.

And if you want to talk about strange BCS bids, look no farther than NU in 2001. They lost the last game of the season (and got blown the fvck out, unlike KU and MU's game) and played in the MNC game. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I don´t have to like it just because it´s happened before. 2 wrongs don´t make a right.

here is what the DMN CFB beat writer thinks.... If OU wins the Big XII CCG, it will be OU/KU in the Fiesta, Mizzou to the Cotton.... If Mizzou wins the CCG, KU is still in the Fiesta while MIzou heads to the MNC in New Orleans....

either way he is say CU will be in Shreveport..... for the independence bowl...

Here are Chip Brown's Big 12 bowl projections if Missouri beats Oklahoma on Saturday night:

BCS national-title game: Missouri vs. West Virginia

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Kansas vs. Arizona State or Illinois

AT&T Cotton: Oklahoma vs. Arkansas (or LSU if Tigers lose to Tennessee)

Here are Chip Brown's Big 12 bowl projections if Oklahoma beats Missouri:

BCS national-title game: West Virginia vs. Ohio State

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas

AT&T Cotton: Missouri vs. Arkansas (or LSU if Tigers lose to Tennessee)

I think Kentucky would bomb us badly with our secondary.

I would love the Bama matchup though. A battle of two teams on the rise.

KU were lucky in that they had a pansie ass OOC schedule and in that they played neither Texas nor Oklahoma during the regular season. I just don´t want KU to get rewarded for this.

But then my feelings for Kansas might be similar to your feelings for Mizzou.

I don´t have to like it just because it´s happened before. 2 wrongs don´t make a right.

KU has just as strong an argument as anyone else. And lots of teams in the top 5 of the BCS played weak-assed OOC schedules. That's the way it is in CFB these days for most teams. They'll play 1 decent BCS team and the rest of the OOC schedule is weaksauce.

This is the downside of the B12 CCG, IMO. Teams like Mizzou, who would be in a BCS bowl before the game, can often lose that spot with a loss in the CCG.

I don't know if I'd call it a travesty because KU does only have 1 loss, but I agree that teams who actually do better in the regular season conference schedule but then lose their CCG actually get penalized for that, whereas teams like KU and Georgia avoid that possible bump in the road on their way to a BCS bowl.

The real problem here is these CCG's and not everyone playing a full conference schedule. The best way to determine a true conference champion is for everybody to play everybody else so we don't end up with some teams having tough conference schedules while others avoid some of the top teams, just like KU this year. But that idea's a thing of the past because of 12-team conferences and too much money being made off of CCG's.

The Pac-10's got it right - everyone plays everyone else with no CCG.

I don't think it is a travesty if KU gets a BCS bid. One loss in a major conference is pretty much going to earn a BCS bid, especially this year. But they should only get a bid if Mizzou wins the Big XII championship game. If Mizzou doesn't get the automatic bid from the conference, they should get the at-large bid ahead of KU...

KU has just as strong an argument as anyone else. And lots of teams in the top 5 of the BCS played weak-assed OOC schedules. That's the way it is in CFB these days for most teams. They'll play 1 decent BCS team and the rest of the OOC schedule is weaksauce.

As long as they play one decent BCS team, I don´t have a problem with it ... but KU played Central Michigan, Toledo, Florida International and Southeastern Louisiana and they avoided OU and UT (although you can´t blame them for that). The schedules of all other top 5 teams look way tougher to me. Georgia, in addition to the brutal SEC schedule, played 2 BCS teams in Georgia Tech and Okie State ... Mizzou played Illinois and Ole Miss on the road ... getting thru those schedules with 2 losses is worth more than getting thru KU´s with one IMO.

This is the downside of the B12 CCG, IMO. Teams like Mizzou, who would be in a BCS bowl before the game, can often lose that spot with a loss in the CCG.

And I don´t think that´s right. Mizzou proved more than KU this season and are therefore more deserving of a BCS bid than KU. KU dodged all bullets a team possibly can this season.

I don't think it is a travesty if KU gets a BCS bid. One loss in a major conference is pretty much going to earn a BCS bid, especially this year. But they should only get a bid if Mizzou wins the Big XII championship game. If Mizzou doesn't get the automatic bid from the conference, they should get the at-large bid ahead of KU...

What difference does that make, you are talking about the same tards that sent Nebraska to a national championship game after we hung 62 on them.

As long as they play one decent BCS team, I don´t have a problem with it ... but KU played Central Michigan, Toledo, Florida International and Southeastern Louisiana and they avoided OU and UT (although you can´t blame them for that). The schedules of all other top 5 teams look way tougher to me. Georgia, in addition to the brutal SEC schedule, played 2 BCS teams in Georgia Tech and Okie State ... Mizzou played Illinois and Ole Miss on the road ... getting thru those schedules with 2 losses is worth more than getting thru KU´s with one IMO.

I'm with you Jensie. KU should not be rewarded for a weak ass non conference schedule (all games at home I might add).

I also believe that if you don't win your conference or at least your division you should not get to play in a BCS bowl.

**** KU.

I'm with you Jensie. KU should not be rewarded for a weak ass non conference schedule (all games at home I might add).

I also believe that if you don't win your conference or at least your division you should not get to play in a BCS bowl.

**** KU.

You guys are right that they shouldn't be rewarded for a schedule like that. But should's got nothing to do with it. They will be rewarded for it. Just like Va Tech will be punished for playing LSU (and getting stomped).

Back