What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Info on Marcus Kirkwood

kicker77

Never played football. Started kicking in the summer of 09 with other client and friend Ryan Aweida. Sent film to top 25 programs, got calls and walkon offers from Florida State, Penn State, LSU. He has a lot of talent, and we have put in a lot of work on and off the field. Had great practices with the team and myself all week. Get it done on 4th down!

Never played football. Started kicking in the summer of 09 with other client and friend Ryan Aweida. Sent film to top 25 programs, got calls and walkon offers from Florida State, Penn State, LSU. He has a lot of talent, and we have put in a lot of work on and off the field. Had great practices with the team and myself all week. Get it done on 4th down!
Good to hear. The fans may rush the field if we make a FG.

Couple of questions. What is the plan on KO's? Will Marcus be handling the KOs or will he just be kicking FGs and EPs. If he is doing KOs how is his leg for distance, for hangtime? Rumor says that Marcus doesn't get the ball high really quickly, will this be an issue considering our inability seemingly to block for kickers?

For those of you with Rivals subscriptions, check out Ab Irato's post titled "Special teams at practice this morning".

:puke:

For those of you with Rivals subscriptions, check out Ab Irato's post titled "Special teams at practice this morning".

:puke:

And for those of us without, is there anything you can say? I'm hoping the puke is in reference to Irato's writing style, and not how Kirkwood looked.

Watched him at practice this spring and late summer. He's better than people expect.

I'm hoping that his college soccer experience will provide him some solid ground for the game experience - he shouldn't be startled by it, he's been in a similar situation.

Come on, Marcus, make us buff proud Saturday!

Considering Grossnickle at least 6'2" , Kirkwood is listed at 6'6" and and Joe Silipo also 6'2", we have three pretty tall guys on the field Saturday.

Zach Marcus Joe Aug 10 10.jpg

Awwwwweeeeeeesssssssoooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

And for those of us without, is there anything you can say? I'm hoping the puke is in reference to Irato's writing style, and not how Kirkwood looked.

It wasn't the writing style... but hey, we know we've got one 2 point play that works... oh yeah.. defenses have seen that one now...

Last edited:
What pisses me off is we have always had very good special teams since Ive been watching. This is absolute garbage, why this guy still has his job, is beyond me. If you think special teams arent important, that tells me all I need to know about you as a coach. Get a ****ing clue. We should hire kicker77 or whatever his handle is, at least he knows how to coach it and how important it is.

Goodman on kickoffs. Buffluke...been trying to get a ga spot with them. This year I might..we'll see. If not sending out resume to all top 40 programs. Had GA opp. in the past, but have my business that I love doing. I love getting all my clients, baseball and football, into college with a chance to play college sports. I am not just a kicking coach, I work with baseball players and other football positions, have a few that are doing well in college. Worked with Thomas and Julias Jones cousin, played arena and overseas. But kicking and special teams is my focus and the right spot for me would be here, which I want, or CSU. See how it plays out the rest of the year

What pisses me off is we have always had very good special teams since Ive been watching. This is absolute garbage, why this guy still has his job, is beyond me. If you think special teams arent important, that tells me all I need to know about you as a coach. Get a ****ing clue. We should hire kicker77 or whatever his handle is, at least he knows how to coach it and how important it is.

what pisses me off is that Talkins used Castor for ONE fg attempt against Mizzou.....and now he's back to the bench. way to fock up his redshirt Talkins!!

Goodman on kickoffs. Buffluke...been trying to get a ga spot with them. This year I might..we'll see. If not sending out resume to all top 40 programs. Had GA opp. in the past, but have my business that I love doing. I love getting all my clients, baseball and football, into college with a chance to play college sports. I am not just a kicking coach, I work with baseball players and other football positions, have a few that are doing well in college. Worked with Thomas and Julias Jones cousin, played arena and overseas. But kicking and special teams is my focus and the right spot for me would be here, which I want, or CSU. See how it plays out the rest of the year

Dude you better not go to CSU, CU all the way man. Lol jk, good luck dude, hope you get on somewhere.

But the real question is...

Have you ever been "clinic"-ed by Kent Riddle? :lol:

j/k

I remember you pumping Kirkwood to get more opportunities in the spring. Nobody really felt Goodman could handle the job and it seemed that Marcus was close to earning the PK job. At this point, however, we burned Castor's redshirt and I would hate for that to be lost on only one game. Would love to have Kirkwood with the program, especially if he could KO better than Goodman.

But Castor has the rest of this season and 3 more years. So he burned his redshirt. If Kirkwood is good, let him kick, he only has this year and next and is out of eligibility. What are we saving Kirkwood for in that case?

I mean --- I do not agree with playing Castor for one single kick this season, would not have been my decision -- but that horse is SO out of the barn. Let's worry about getting the best kicker on the field and on the scoreboard.

AJ is absolutely right. Kirkwood is here next year, too. If he does well and holds onto the job, Castor can get his redshirt in 2011. Or maybe Castor wins the job at least for kickoff duties. Whatever, though. I'm not going to sweat a kicker losing a year of eligibility when that kicker wasn't able to beat out Aric Goodman.

Worked with Thomas and Julias Jones cousin, played arena and overseas.

Out of curiosity, what position is he and where'd he play? TJ and JJ are from the absolute middle of nowhere in Appalachia -- Big Stone Gap, VA. It's so far from Blacksburg and Charlottesville that it's Vol Country. I loved watching TJ during his college days, he was something else -- better than Tiki Barber who came right before him at UVA.

You are right Big Stone Gap, VA. I trained and coached in Abingdon, VA. Travis played at UVA-Wise, small school. He is def as strong as TJ, benched 465 and weighed 195 when I was training him. He just wasn't as discipline as TJ was to work on the little things. He didn't get any help from his cousins either, there was a family fall out after TJ went pro. But thats as far as im going with thatThese small high schools in virginia and Tenn produce great football players, Heath Miller, Honaker, VA -- TJ and JJ, big stone gap and jason whitten small town TN.

You are right Big Stone Gap, VA. I trained and coached in Abingdon, VA. Travis played at UVA-Wise, small school. He is def as strong as TJ, benched 465 and weighed 195 when I was training him. He just wasn't as discipline as TJ was to work on the little things. He didn't get any help from his cousins either, there was a family fall out after TJ went pro. But thats as far as im going with thatThese small high schools in virginia and Tenn produce great football players, Heath Miller, Honaker, VA -- TJ and JJ, big stone gap and jason whitten small town TN.

YOU SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'RE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THIS SITE.

jk. But really, I'm serious.

Ha shoulda known better.... but its true. I expect a RB to know how to block and block well, run pass routes, WR quality routes, and run with fire. RB think they just need to run. There is no reason a RB cannot do these things.. cant believe i quoted Hawk...

Back