What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

****ing MORON SBN writer on the buffs

I'm not gonna lie, I agree with a lot of the stuff he says. They went out and won games this year. They won a bowl game.

Make all the standard excuses about injuries, the schedule, the youth, and all the rest, but forgive people if they are slightly underwhelmed with a 13 wins and 24 losses.

I'm not gonna lie, I agree with a lot of the stuff he says. They went out and won games this year. They won a bowl game.

Make all the standard excuses about injuries, the schedule, the youth, and all the rest, but forgive people if they are slightly underwhelmed with a 13 wins and 24 losses.
ok. how many wins do you CU having with their schedule? I mean, hes envious of his little brother for kicking ass in pee wee football, its pathetic.

ok. how many wins do you CU having with their schedule? I mean, hes envious of his little brother for kicking ass in pee wee football, its pathetic.

All I know is I'm sick of hearing excuses. Youth, injuries, and now the schedule. It is put up or shut up time for CU football. It's time to stop acting like 7 wins and a winning season is nearly impossible. It's not.

In case none of you have noticed, these "fan" boards are doing a lot, A LOT, of CU and Hawkins bashing. Frankly, the ones that do it make me want to puke. But thats me. I've been a fan sice the Fairbanks debacle. I and others have supported this program through the early trials of the Mac era. Frankly, you that are bashers make me sick. If Eddie and Mac believed/believe in Hawk, so do I. They knew/know more about football than you morons could ever hope to. My comments are addressed to the idots. Not the true fans. I'm just disgusted.

All I know is I'm sick of hearing excuses. Youth, injuries, and now the schedule. It is put up or shut up time for CU football. It's time to stop acting like 7 wins and a winning season is nearly impossible. It's not.
you are right. its not. I promise you that if we don't get 8 wins next year I will be as angry as anyone. I feel your dissapointment just as keenly as you do. Hell, I was crushed after every loss. crushed.

However, the day I ****ing envy the ****ing rams for going 7 and ****ing 5 in the MAC is the day I stop being a buff fan.

Hawk knew what he was getting himself into when he came into CU. This wasn't going to be a quick turnaround. He needs time to get his players in here before we start slamming him or any of his assistants.

He deserves 5 years to turnaround this program.

just a couple of thoughts on the issue

Is Hawk the answer here in Boulder? I don't know, but I do like the talent Hawk is bringing in to Boulder. He needs time to get these kids into the program. The class he brought in last season was a miracle. So now people here will always use that as a bar to rate other classes. I don't think it's fair but it's just the way it will be. We have a lot of solid kids in this years class that people are really overlooking. The only thing that is pissing me off is the DL recruiting. Hawk is dropping the ball on that end of things.

We just had the worst season in history for injuries and were still in the race for a bowl game. I know what your saying. My standards are low. Sure, look at what this program has endured over the last 5 years. The media, local and national, killed us. Everywhere the team traveled to on Saturday's were being called rapists. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want any part of that when deciding where I'd spend the next four years of my life as a recruit. Don't think for a second that these recruits don't hear that from other schools that are recruiting against us at that time. Look at the holes Hawkins had to deal with when he took over. He could barely hold the spring game because we didn't have enough OL on the squad! There are so many reasons we aren't at the level of other top programs. Horrible fan support, tightwad boosters(for the most part). Without those basic factors it will be hard to become a consistent winner that many here believe should be the norm. So call it sunshine pumping, say it's low standards. But it is what it is. CU will never be in the same class as OU, UT, UNL. Because those programs have the two basic factors to sustain their success. Solid fan support, and a good group of boosters who don't question every single move the AD makes publicly.

McCartney was a miracle worker in Boulder. I don't think people really realize the job he pulled off in the late 80's and early 90's. We should build the guy a statue one day. If we can get the money from some boosters. So go ahead and delay that for another 20 years. :huh:

I guess fan support and boosters kind of go hand in hand right? :huh: :lol:

You guys sure know how to depress the **** out of a guy. :smile2:

Well, how PATHETIC is it that they had a WINNING SEASON and WON a BOWL GAME in YEAR one while, are BIG BAD BCS team in 3 years under hawk has done neither of said things above?

68 teams and the peee wee's go to a bowl and we don't?

Your pathetic feelings and outrage should be directed toward someone else.

This makes hawk and cu look even worse. Yep we whipped them 38-17,but fairchild having a winning season and getting a bowl win in year 1 makes hawk look bad.

Is Hawk the answer here in Boulder? I don't know, but I do like the talent Hawk is bringing in to Boulder. He needs time to get these kids into the program. The class he brought in last season was a miracle. So now people here will always use that as a bar to rate other classes. I don't think it's fair but it's just the way it will be. We have a lot of solid kids in this years class that people are really overlooking. The only thing that is pissing me off is the DL recruiting. Hawk is dropping the ball on that end of things.

We just had the worst season in history for injuries and were still in the race for a bowl game. I know what your saying. My standards are low. Sure, look at what this program has endured over the last 5 years. The media, local and national, killed us. Everywhere the team traveled to on Saturday's were being called rapists. I don't know about you, but I think I don't think I'd want any part of that when deciding where I'd spend the next four years of my life as a recruit. Don't think for a second that these recruits don't hear that from other schools that are recruiting against us at that time. Look at the holes Hawkins had to deal with when he took over. He could barely hold the spring game because we didn't have enough OL on the squad! There are so many reasons we aren't at the level of other top programs. Horrible fan support, tightwad boosters(for the most part). Without those basic factors it will be hard to become a consistent winner that many here believe should be the norm. So call it sunshine pumping, say it's low standards. But it is what it is. CU will never be in the same class as OU, UT, UNL. Because those programs have the two basic factors to sustain their success. Solid fan support, and a good group of boosters who don't question every single move the AD makes publicly.

McCartney was a miracle worker in Boulder. I don't think people really realize the job he pulled off in the late 80's and early 90's. We should build the guy a statue one day. If we can get the money from some boosters. So go ahead and delay that for another 20 years. :huh:

Very well put. I'll rep that :thumbsup:

Quality wins from that program.

CS Sacramento
Houston
UNLV
SDSU
New Mexico
Wyoming.

Look out BCS the Lambs are gunning for you!

In all seriousness though. Congrats to the Rams. They got to a Bowl Game and won. Always good for any program. I look forward to kicking your asses again next year.

Well, how PATHETIC is it that they had a WINNING SEASON and WON a BOWL GAME in YEAR one while, are BIG BAD BCS team in 3 years under hawk has done neither of said things above?

68 teams and the peee wee's go to a bowl and we don't?

Your pathetic feelings and outrage should be directed toward someone else.

This makes hawk and cu look even worse. Yep we whipped them 38-17,but fairchild having a winning season and getting a bowl win in year 1 makes hawk look bad.

That article is stupid and people being mad about CSU winning a bowl game is stupid too.

Might as well throw Houston in there too since they have a new coach and are going to a bowl. Phuck it.....Ball State too! Buffalo has a third year coach and they're going to a bowl. Hawk really looks bad in comparison to these guys

Southern Miss, Hawaii......would love to have their success!

Delete this thread.....

Thanks man. I am the writer over on SBNation The Ralphie Report and only saying what I feel. I also said I think we will be better and we won't have to watch the Rams have a more successful year next year. I am, like most of us, frustrated with losing and being a second rate program. I know some of you guys come over and read our site so thanks a lot. We are trying to bring good things to the table like the Diante Jackson interview and will have a Nate Bonsu interview next week.

I assure you...I am not a ****ing Moron.

Go Buffs.

We just had the worst season in history for injuries and were still in the race for a bowl game. I know what your saying. My standards are low. Sure, look at what this program has endured over the last 5 years. The media, local and national, killed us. Everywhere the team traveled to on Saturday's were being called rapists. I don't know about you, but I think I don't think I'd want any part of that when deciding where I'd spend the next four years of my life as a recruit. Don't think for a second that these recruits don't hear that from other schools that are recruiting against us at that time. Look at the holes Hawkins had to deal with when he took over. He could barely hold the spring game because we didn't have enough OL on the squad! There are so many reasons we aren't at the level of other top programs. Horrible fan support, tightwad boosters(for the most part). Without those basic factors it will be hard to become a consistent winner that many here believe should be the norm. So call it sunshine pumping, say it's low standards. But it is what it is. CU will never be in the same class as OU, UT, UNL. Because those programs have the two basic factors to sustain their success. Solid fan support, and a good group of boosters who don't question every single move the AD makes publicly.

You bring up a lot of good points, but all I'm asking for is a winning season in Year 4 of the Hawk era. That is not putting unrealistic expectations out there. That is not talking about Big 12 Championships and national championships.

If he can't get at least 7 wins next year (especially with a soft non-conference schedule), I will wonder if Hawk is the guy.

Buffalo has a third year coach and they're going to a bowl. Hawk really looks bad in comparison to these guys

I was with you until you mentioned Buffalo, what Turner Gill has done there is quite amazing. The fact that Buffalo won the MAC this year is incredible.

I'm always a little amazed that CU fans are so quick to bash non-BCS conferences, considering that's where Hawk had his great coaching successes in his career. Something doesn't add up.

You bring up a lot of good points, but all I'm asking for is a winning season in Year 4 of the Hawk era. That is not putting unrealistic expectations out there. That is not talking about Big 12 Championships and national championships.

If he can't get at least 7 wins next year (especially with a soft non-conference schedule), I will wonder if Hawk is the guy.

I was with you until you mentioned Buffalo, what Turner Gill has done there is quite amazing. The fact that Buffalo won the MAC this year is incredible.

I'm always a little amazed that CU fans are so quick to bash non-BCS conferences, considering that's where Hawk had his great coaching successes in his career. Something doesn't add up.

The fact that he did something with Buffalo is incredible. But the last time I checked there aren't any juggernaut teams in the Mac anymore! Just about any team in that league can have a good season if everything falls into place

No one is bashing non BCS conferences, but there is no reason to compare them to teams in BCS conferences. Everything is different: Money, tradition, television, recruiting, SCHEDULING!

Boise State is now a pipeline school for coaches. Once those coaches go to a BCS school, reality sets in pretty quickly. If Chris Peterson is smart he'll stay at Boise. If he goes to a school that's changing coaches again, but lacks tradition, power, and a decent place to recruit....he'll be unemployed within 4 years of taking that new job.

IT'S A DIFFERENT WORLD

I don't have a problem with the report at all... they get paid to sell stuff and sometimes having pro and con articles drive sales/readership.

I do think that if we were in the MWC (like CSU) would not serve us well. Competing day in and day out with the B12 builds toughness. As some dude/saint said, 'That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'.

Year 1 for any coaching staff really doesn't mean a whole lot. Slick Rick went 10-2 his first two years and that showed zero about his coaching ability, same goes for McCartney. Why? Because they are using the players from an old system. Make no mistake, both Pelini and Fairchild were left with some really nice offensive players to use in year 1. Hawk? He had a running back for a qb, worst crop of WR's in the Big XII, and enough offensive lineman to NOT practice normal drills in his first spring game.

I laugh at all of the people quick to annoint these coaches successes when they really haven't had time to put their stamp on the program. I take a wait and see approach for both NU and CSU. I have a feeling both programs will take at least a slight step backwards next year, especially CSU, with the people they have graduating, while CU takes a solid step forward.

If Colorado got to play Colorado State's schedule, I think CU would have had a pretty good shot at 7 wins, too.

Of course, if Colorado ran Colorado State's offense (Gartrell Johnson gained 350 yards BY HIMSELF) I think Colorado probably would have had a pretty good shot at 7 wins too.

If Hawk doesn't lead us to a bowl game next year, I'll be on a ****ing rampage. He should lock up a bowl game BEFORE we play the fuskers.

If Hawk doesn't lead us to a bowl game next year, I'll be on a ****ing rampage. He should lock up a bowl game BEFORE we play the fuskers.
No worries...we will have at least 9 wins before the Fusker game...recall Hawk's guarantee for 10 wins...duh.....

Agreed. The Buffs should be / need to be fighting for bowl position, not a bowl bid, on Thanksgiving weekend. With the expected decline from Missouri, the CU/NU game should once again be for the Big 12 North.

Go Buffs!

I don't have a problem with the report at all... they get paid to sell stuff and sometimes having pro and con articles drive sales/readership.

I do think that if we were in the MWC (like CSU) would not serve us well. Competing day in and day out with the B12 builds toughness. As some dude/saint said, 'That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'.

Unfortunately there there isn't any money in blogging (other than extremely nominal ad revenue) so anything Irish writes is purely driven by how he feels as a fan. Next season can't get here soon enough.

Agreed. The Buffs should be / need to be fighting for bowl position, not a bowl bid, on Thanksgiving weekend. With the expected decline from Missouri, the CU/NU game should once again be for the Big 12 North.

Go Buffs!

I agree, except for CU/NU. I think that KU will have more of a say next year. NU has to go on the road at MU, KU, and CU. I think CU/KU will be for the lead in the north, but CU will need to beat NU at home next year to go the CCG.

This is not a comparable situation with Boulder where we are playing the kiddie corp on the O-Line, where they had an experienced unit. Then you got the key playmakers at CSU: Farris (Sr), Johnson (Sr), Bell (Sr), Sperry (Sr), Morton (Jr), Mosure (So).

CU counters that with Hawkins (So), Sumler (So), Stewart (Fr), Scott (Fr), McKnight (So), Smith (So)....

CSU had a great year. Coach came in and fixed some issues they had (mostly focus) and won 6 games (none of them good teams btw) and a bowl game. That's a great job. He recognizes he needs to get some more talent in there in a hurry because much of what they are playing right now is Juniors and Seniors.

But the situation is completely different than Boulder and it's not even an interesting comparison.

Back