1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jjbuffs13, Oct 21, 2007.

1. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Im not trying to rag on our recievers but so far through 8 games, C Hawk has thrown 14 interceptions.

Of those 14 picks, I would guess that 12 or so were off of tipped balls by OUR recievers!

What is it going to take for our recievers to start consistantly catching the ball?
  2. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It is not worth ragging on anyone, qb or receivers. There is enough blame to go around. The receivers fail to catch too many passes, but Hawkins throws a lot of dangerous balls. In every game that I have watched, there have been 1 or 2 more passes that should have been interecepted but were dropped by the defender.

Receivers need to catch the ball.
    Hawkins needs to make better decisions (and not stare down his primary receiver).

Still a young team. Still making too many mistakes. The best years are ahead of us. The OU win just gave us (the fans) hope that the team was much further along than they are.
  3. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Hopefully Hawk's arm strength will come along naturally as well, its scary to watch him throw some of those "quick" outs. I'm surprised we haven't given up more Pick 6'a.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007