What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting article examining SEC bias / amount of coverage on ESPN Gameday

The SEC is good. But in my opinion they are not as good as the rankings of their teams would indicated for the last several years.

Argument: But, but, but...a sting of national championships!
Rebuttal: The inflated rankings permitted SEC teams with the same record to play in those championships.

Argument: But, but, but...look how high they are ranked in the polls!
Rebuttal: My point exactly.

MY Argument: The rankings seldom hold water when tested in out-of-conference play.

A great example this year is the case of Michigan State. They lost a game and are done for all practical purposes. That loss was on the road at Oregon, halfway across the country. SEC teams don't play games like that as a general rule. Credit to Auburn for going to KSU this year.

A great example this year is the case of Michigan State. They lost a game and are done for all practical purposes. That loss was on the road at Oregon, halfway across the country. SEC teams don't play games like that as a general rule. Credit to Auburn for going to KSU this year.

Actually, I agree with bottoming MSU. The Big 10 sucks.

Back