What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting article on refs that mentions the Buffs

The P5 or NCAA needs to control the reffing...get it out of the conferences. I love the dis the article gave PAC12 officiating...calling it the most erratic...ya think?!?

It would benefit the pac 12 to have Washington in the playoffs.

Scary proposition to be in as a Buff fan. I just watched the hatchet job the Refs did on Denver on SNF. Was borderline criminal.

you just watch the flags flying in the secondary tonite when we dare lay a hand on one of the fuskies wideouts

Good research. **** the NCAA for belittling this research. This research is not a one and done study, research like this is compounding offering different orders of complexity. If the NCAA had any balls then offer this Ph.D some grant money to continue this study.

If the refs call any little bump or hand on the back on our DBs we will be screwed. Let the players decide it.

The P12 refs are insane. Our only hope is that we're a dog and P12 refs often like to parlay their game checks in LV before games. We have to make this one decisive.

I'll never forget the phantom holding call against CU when we played Miami at Folsom back in the 90's. I believe the crew was from the SEC. I think we scored a TD but were called for holding. But in the replay, there was no holding to be found. I wonder if the guy's study looked at inter conference games reffed by a crew from one team's conference?

At any rate, I believe officials try to be fair. But, sometimes, their is just a subliminal bias.

Udub to the CFP and USC to the Rose. That right there provides motive for envelopes of cash to be handed over to refs.

No doubt CU gets more PI calls and personal fouls tonight.

I'll never forget the phantom holding call against CU when we played Miami at Folsom back in the 90's. I believe the crew was from the SEC. I think we scored a TD but were called for holding. But in the replay, there was no holding to be found. I wonder if the guy's study looked at inter conference games reffed by a crew from one team's conference?

At any rate, I believe officials try to be fair. But, sometimes, their is just a subliminal bias.
It was a Big East crew and it was a phantom personal foul facemask on the offense.

While there may be correlation that the 'lesser' teams get more penalties, it may may not be ref bias that's the cause. I know from personal experience that when a team (or even a player) is over matched they are more likely to start pushing the rules. No one holds more than an offensive tackle against a DE rusher that can beat him frequently. Teams playing from behind are much more likely to hold, or commit PI because they are getting beat.

someone would have to watch a lot of film to really determine if there is bias.

Officiating was fine tonight.

Laguda got away with a late hit out of bounds. Washington got away with a blatant PI.

It all evened out.

Not many flags tonight, which was nice. NFL is unwatchable these days due to the amount if flags that get thrown.

Officiating was fine tonight.

Laguda got away with a late hit out of bounds. Washington got away with a blatant PI.

It all evened out.

Yeah. If anyone blames this one on officiating he loses his fan card.

Yeah. If anyone blames this one on officiating he loses his fan card.

Agreed. The only consequential call I remember was the PI call on TT early in the game ... and it was totally a good call and a bad play by Tedrick.

I blame this loss on the officiating! UW kept punching us in the mouth with no calls! We played fair and tried not to hurt anyone. The refs should have two flags: A yellow penalty flag and a pink "reward" flag. Last night they would've thrown the pink flag and said, "15 yard reward to Colorado for not hitting the Washington running back. 1st and 25, Washington."

Back