What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting comments from Ringo regarding the Miami (OH) game

Oh sure they will. We got 45,000 people to watch CU play Eastern Washington. We'd get more if the school we were playing was from right up the road.

I agree...the student body at UNC would most definitely come. A chance to see your team play a big school nearby. Heck, they would just come down for the party.

UNC already has a game that day. Forget about an extra home game. It isn't happening. Hopefully, MO will cancel, pay out the 750G and we get another team to pay us to play. CU needs the $$$.

UNC already has a game that day. Forget about an extra home game. It isn't happening. Hopefully, MO will cancel, pay out the 750G and we get another team to pay us to play. CU needs the $$$.

How much is the ESPN payday for the televised game? that is the kicker beyond the 750k from the cancellation. You either have to know that you can line up a game they want to see so you get that TV money, or you have to have it be a home game. Or both if possible. Otherwise, we have to go there and play regardless if they want to cancel or not.

How much is the ESPN payday for the televised game? that is the kicker beyond the 750k from the cancellation. You either have to know that you can line up a game they want to see so you get that TV money, or you have to have it be a home game. Or both if possible. Otherwise, we have to go there and play regardless if they want to cancel or not.

CU wouldn't get any money from a road ESPN game anyway. Non-conference games the home team keeps all the revenue.

CU's payday is $750k.

This notion that CU can't find another team to come in here and play an extra home game is ludicrous. It's only a matter of how hard the AD wants to work at getting it done. It can be done. It should be done. I don't give a rat's ass who we play, but if Miami backs out, the replacement game needs to be in Boulder.

This notion that CU can't find another team to come in here and play an extra home game is ludicrous. It's only a matter of how hard the AD wants to work at getting it done. It can be done. It should be done. I don't give a rat's ass who we play, but if Miami backs out, the replacement game needs to be in Boulder.
:yeahthat:

Will season ticket holders be willing to pony up for another home game?
Note to administration - sign me up!!

[And I say this at risk of losing out on the chance to see the Ohio State / USC game in Columbus September 12th. I have an in on tickets for the game if CU plays in Ohio and the game is moved to say, Friday night to get ESPN to cover it. A CU / OSU doubleheader vs. CU/Weber State in Boulder. I'm willing to take one for the team!]

We only get a certain number of football games at Folsom in our lifetime. To pass on the chance for an extra one would be criminal.

We only get a certain number of football games at Folsom in our lifetime. To pass on the chance for an extra one would be criminal.

The only way I could see a replacement game on the road possibly be a good thing is if Bohn can get a good road opponent (read: NOT Kent State or Toledo, for example) and make it the front half of a home & home series. In other words, if it results in an additional good OOC game in Boulder in the near future. If that happens, it essentially turns the MofO home & home series that CU probably should never have agreed to into a 2-for-1 home series, with the back end being an even better team coming to Boulder...

The only way I could see a replacement game on the road possibly be a good thing is if Bohn can get a good road opponent (read: NOT Kent State or Toledo, for example) and make it the front half of a home & home series. In other words, if it results in an additional good OOC game in Boulder in the near future. If that happens, it essentially turns the MofO home & home series that CU probably should never have agreed to into a 2-for-1 home series, with the back end being an even better team coming to Boulder...

There are no good teams with open dates that weekend.

Ole Miss might be considered by some to be an OK team.

I though Ole Miss already picked up a game.

Earlier in the thread people said the list was down to:
-Rutgers
-Memphis
-Akron
-Northern Illinois
-Middle Tennessee

You may be right but it was still shown as an open date when I checked yesterday.

The schedules I can find show a "?" for Sept 12.

Last edited:
I though Ole Miss already picked up a game.

Earlier in the thread people said the list was down to:
-Rutgers
-Memphis
-Akron
-Northern Illinois
-Middle Tennessee

BB was the one who posted that list of some teams with open dates that weekend. My impression was that he was looking at teams that might come to Boulder on notice this short. Could be wrong, though... :huh:

Well ****. I'd take Ole Miss at a neutral site or away if they would agree to come to Boulder in the future.

I wonder if there are any PAC 10 teams that don't have a game that weekend...

CU does not, repeat not, want to take on Ole Miss this season. A 9-4 Cotton Bowl team to replace a 2-10 MAC team? Only if the CU administration is suicidal.

Three road trips - Mississippi, West Virginia, and Texas - in four games?

Only if you are on the "Hawkins Must Go" bandwagon ....:canabis:

CU does not, repeat not, want to take on Ole Miss this season. A 9-4 Cotton Bowl team to replace a 2-10 MAC team? Only if the CU administration is suicidal.

Three road trips - Mississippi, West Virginia, and Texas - in four games?

Only if you are on the "Hawkins Must Go" bandwagon ....:canabis:

From what I can gather, Ol Miss is a bunch of freshmen anyway. Hell, they had a 45 man class this year, didn't they? If we can't beat a bunch of freshmen, we should just pack it in. :cool:

From what I can gather, Ol Miss is a bunch of freshmen anyway. Hell, they had a 45 man class this year, didn't they? If we can't beat a bunch of freshmen, we should just pack it in. :cool:

19 RFr
18 So
24 Jr
31 Sr

Great attitude. Good thing we packed it in after Fresno State in 2001.

no, but it's so ingrained in my head that I don't need any refreshment in order to bring the star wars nerd in me out :smile2:

The scene in clerks 2 with randall dogging those two Lord of the ring dorks was hilarious.

mike dot bohn at colorado dot edu

use it. let him know we want another home game. be polite.

Edit that addy so Mr. Bohn doesn't get spammed by the bots that troll the intertubes looking for email addresses.

Back