What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting comments from Ringo regarding the Miami (OH) game

From the guy who actually does the scheduling:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=3686225

Q: What is going on with Miami-Ohio game in football. It seems like it’s dragging out, when will we know for sure?
A: Any day now has been the standard answer for the last month because that’s the truth. First of all, this thing goes on all the time, an opponent wants out of or to delay a game for a variety of reasons, but seldom has it ever been as public as this one has been. That’s in part to a newspaper report in Lexington that Kentucky and Miami wanted to play in Cincinnati on Sept. 5, so for that to happen, Miami had to free up on a non-league game; the RedHawks were set to play Northwestern (on the 5th), Colorado, Boise State and Cincinnati. ESPN, which helped us last year when North Carolina wanted out of the series with the Buffs and matched us with West Virginia, which had Maryland do the same, often plays a role in helping move games and opponents around, and especially is in this case: the CU at Miami game (on Sept. 11/12) was promised to be televised by the network, the only reason we agreed to play at Miami in the first place. So discussions to get this done could involve up to eight schools, and that takes a lot of time and a lot of phone calls. When the smoke clears, we could still play at Miami or another MAC school; it won’t be a home game, as there are no I-A/FBS teams looking for road games six months ahead of the start of the season and our season ticket packages have been announced and are in the midst of the renewal process.

Yeah, but we already knew that. It seemed from Buttermaker's post that something had finally been resolved. Guess not?

The AD probably told Ringo to be quiet and they would give him the "scoop".

There has been way too much smoke around this game for too long. Finally it comes out that Miami wanted to better deal us.

I guess you told us...not sure what, but you told us.

When the smoke clears, we could still play at Miami or another MAC school; it won’t be a home game, as there are no I-A/FBS teams looking for road games six months ahead of the start of the season and our season ticket packages have been announced and are in the midst of the renewal process.

Once again, I call bullsh!t on this. The only thing that's keeping the game from being a home game is their unwillingness to go out and find an opponent. I'm sure there's some team out there with an open date. There has to be.

I guess you told us...not sure what, but you told us.

If we play Miami at Miami you can have my season tickets.

Plati is putting up a smokescreen and buying time. They have been trying to change this game for a long time. I started a thread about it awhile back, but I am too lazy to find it.

Plati is putting up a smokescreen and buying time. They have been trying to change this game for a long time. I started a thread about it awhile back, but I am too lazy to find it.

A true Buff fan:huh: I don't see the problem of playing a game promised to be televised nationally by ESPN

So then where do we play oh wise one?

Hasn't there been rampant speculation about playing Ole Miss in Dallas, a D-IAA team at home, etc? Every time that issue has been raised, the AD response has been some BS "there have been no talks about moving the game, looking for a different game..."

Judging by Plati's post it will be something similar to Miami and won't be at home.

Hasn't there been rampant speculation about playing Ole Miss in Dallas, a D-IAA team at home, etc? Every time that issue has been raised, the AD response has been some BS "there have been no talks about moving the game, looking for a different game..."

Judging by Plati's post it will be something similar to Miami and won't be at home.

Ok. If that happens we better get that 750k.

I suddenly became a huge fan of playing Miami at Miami!!!:thumbsup:

So, you think the change was initiated by us, rather than the story that Miami wants to play Kentucky? Could be, although I'm not sure I understand why. Seems like a lot of work to get out of a game that's not necessarily all that scary from our standpoint. Whatever or whoever started this, I sure would like to see it get resolved so we know what our schedule looks like. And as a out of stater, I hope that it's on ESPN so I get to see it...what am I saying? I'm going to see all the home games, courtesy of Buttermaker!:smile2:

I suddenly became a huge fan of playing Miami at Miami!!!:thumbsup:

So, you think the change was initiated by us, rather than the story that Miami wants to play Kentucky? Could be, although I'm not sure I understand why. Seems like a lot of work to get out of a game that's not necessarily all that scary from our standpoint. Whatever or whoever started this, I sure would like to see it get resolved so we know what our schedule looks like. And as a out of stater, I hope that it's on ESPN so I get to see it...what am I saying? I'm going to see all the home games, courtesy of Buttermaker!:smile2:

I want to know if I should buy plane tickets already!

I never said we initiated the change. I am a conspiracy theorist. I merely have maintained that there has been way too much public discussion about the game being moved, changed, etc. for the rumors not to have legs.
At this point I think the game is dead enough to wager my season tickets.

Spaceman if I am wrong, you will like my seats except the old guy in front of me is really tall and grumpy.:smile2:

I never said we initiated the change. I am a conspiracy theorist. I merely have maintained that there has been way too much public discussion about the game being moved, changed, etc. for the rumors not to have legs.

Spaceman if I am wrong, you will like my seats except the old guy in front of me is really tall and grumpy.:smile2:

I definitely agree that something is being worked on, just don't know how it will all shake out. Guess we'll know eventually.

As for the guy in front of you, I'm hopeful that due to our success on the field next year, your only complaint will be about seeing over him.:thumbsup:

Ringo's story today makes it seem like the MAC is trying to get us an equivalent game, i.e. a road game against a MAC team that ESPN will televise.

Screw that. How about Miami breaks the contract, plays Kentucky, pays us $750,000 and then we schedule another game ourselves.

Ringo's story today makes it seem like the MAC is trying to get us an equivalent game, i.e. a road game against a MAC team that ESPN will televise.

Screw that. How about Miami breaks the contract, plays Kentucky, pays us $750,000 and then we schedule another game ourselves.

In any case, we better get the 750k from the pinkhawks.

Maybe he's grumpy due to the alcohol consumption of the person behind him :smile2:

This is the part I'm not understanding. Why not find a I-AA program, pocket the $750k and add a home game? Talk about a revenue windfall! Why give a different MAC team an ESPN televised home game?

This is the part I'm not understanding. Why not find a I-AA program, pocket the $750k and add a home game? Talk about a revenue windfall! Why give a different MAC team an ESPN televised home game?

Just brainstorming here. Kjuco is one of the D1 schools with gaps in their schedule. Since we can't play the purple power pussies twice, might one option include starting our B12 play early in Manhattan and pick up an OOC game at home during the currently scheduled CU-KSU date? And also pick up MOFO's $750K cancellation check, of course.

Just brainstorming here. Kjuco is one of the D1 schools with gaps in their schedule. Since we can't play the purple power pussies twice, might one option include starting our B12 play early in Manhattan and pick up an OOC game at home during the currently scheduled CU-KSU date? And also pick up MOFO's $750K cancellation check, of course.

Kjuco already has a game scheduled against Louisiana-Lafayette on Sept. 12th.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/schedule.asp

We will not get the $750k.

The MAC is going to supplement the buyout $$$. CU will most likely play another MAC team on the road for $500k instead of the $250k we would have had. Should be announced any time this week. :thumbsup:

If true, this is bullsh!t.

We need to play hardball on this one. The $750K AND a home game. I'm pissed if this is how it works out.

If true, this is bullsh!t.

We need to play hardball on this one. The $750K AND a home game. I'm pissed if this is how it works out.

Or at least 750k and the away game. I see no reason why it would be 500k and an away game.

So, here's the latest: We will NOT be playing MOFO. We WILL be playing another MAC team and that team has been decided but I don't know which one it will be. That detail will be announced soon (hopefully). This comes from a pretty good source so I guess we just have to wait and see who we get.

Back