What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting comments from Ringo regarding the Miami (OH) game

home or away?

It will be an away game and TV has always been part of the deal. I think (although I'm not certain) that if it weren't televised MOFO would not be fulfilling part of the agreement and they would have to pay us. They don't have to pay us the 750K if they can find another team to basically take over their part of the agreement (including the TV part). I'm guessing that this is why we haven't heard anything yet. Since we have an opponent now, I bet that ESPN is the one link of the chain that remains.

Seriously...if we accept this BS, it should be on one of those "Epic Fail" posters

This for the interlude while we await a decision.

FAILUREROCKETS.jpg

We will not get the $750k.

The MAC is going to supplement the buyout $$$. CU will most likely play another MAC team on the road for $500k instead of the $250k we would have had. Should be announced any time this week. :thumbsup:

Depends on what the contract says. If it says $750k buyout, we need to push for a $750k buyout. We're not the ones pushing to cancel the game.

The arrogance in the stadium when those two programs meet must be overpowering.

i would think that knu takes that cake on thier own. honestly. although, ND would be a close second, i dont think Michigan fans are even near the level of ND or knu.

JMO.

That, and when USC/Notre Dame play. The differerence is that ND feels like it has a chance to beat Michigan.

Nice.:lol:

i would think that knu takes that cake on thier own. honestly. although, ND would be a close second, i dont think Michigan fans are even near the level of ND or knu.

JMO.

Could be. I'm just going off of the Michigan fans I have met. Texas has to belong in there somewhere.

Could be. I'm just going off of the Michigan fans I have met. Texas has to belong in there somewhere.

i suppose it all goes back to personal experience. went to both CU games at michigan. never had even the slightest problem. i would put texas well above michigan fans.

It's always difficult to tell how ****ty a fanbase is if you aren't part of their conference. Although Tejas fans are just assholes with a big sense of entitlement (how'd you like not going to the big12 championship game? muwhaha).

Nice, did you enjoy the Big House? I would agree that Texas is well above Michigan.

we had a much better time the first game than the second. :lol:

we tailgated with michigan fans both times and had a great time. the BH was big but suprisingly not so loud, imo. i think it has to do with the shape of the stadium. i would go back.

I DONT WANNT PLAY BUFFALO thats the one mac team that scares me turner gil is one hell of a coach

I DONT WANNT PLAY BUFFALO thats the one mac team that scares me turner gil is one hell of a coach

I agree...It becomes like another CSU game... Not with the rivalry, but if we win were supposed to win we are a BCS school and if we lose the David and Goliath story (with turner gil making it worse for us).

I like Akron because it's still in Ohio and getting those recruiting pipelines dug deeper out there.

Sure sounds like it's going to be Toledo on Friday night:

A Miami spokesman said earlier this week that the school had completed its schedule and that Colorado, who was supposed to play the RedHawks on Sept. 12, was not on it. Sources close to the situation say that Colorado now will play Toledo on Friday, Sept. 11.

Some info on Toledo:

-they play in a stadium called The Glass Bowl (have since 1937) - surface: Field Turf

-in 1995, they went undefeated (with a tie) and won the first overtime game in NCAA history

-they have recently won @ Michigan, Purdue, Penn State (2000), Cincinnati, and Pitt
-vs. Big 12: W vs. Iowa State 2007, L vs. Kansas 2007, L @ Iowa State 2006 (close one), W vs. Kansas 2006, L @ Kansas 2004
-Gary Pinkel coached at Toledo (1991-2000)

-they play Ohio State in 2009 and 2010 at Cleveland Browns Stadium

-last year they beat Miami (OH) 42-14

We will be their Super Bowl, given that it looks like a Friday night ESPN game. They have confidence against the Big 12. Won't be a gimmie.

Some info on Toledo:

-they play in a stadium called The Glass Bowl (have since 1937) - surface: Field Turf

-in 1995, they went undefeated (with a tie) and won the first overtime game in NCAA history

-they have recently won @ Michigan, Purdue, Penn State (2000), Cincinnati, and Pitt
-vs. Big 12: W vs. Iowa State 2007, L vs. Kansas 2007, L @ Iowa State 2006 (close one), W vs. Kansas 2006, L @ Kansas 2004
-Gary Pinkel coached at Toledo (1991-2000)

-they play Ohio State in 2009 and 2010 at Cleveland Browns Stadium

-last year they beat Miami (OH) 42-14

We will be their Super Bowl, given that it looks like a Friday night ESPN game. They have confidence against the Big 12. Won't be a gimmie.

Toledo was 3-9 last year and they have a terrible defense. They have had some good teams and played the big 12 tough. No excuse not to beat this team if it's them.

Back