What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting Ringo Piece: CU misses chance to make bigger splash (Warning Uni content)

So, are you saying they should have had an "event" that, oh, 150 people would've given a **** about?

The numbers that I see based on traffic to this site, and social media interaction regarding this subject would seem to disagree.

EX;
Coverage of:
- adding A&M and TCU - 7,500 interactions.
- Unis 45,000 and counting

- Skiing Natty 23.6K interactions
- Unis 45K

- "Buffs can dictate terms of CSU series": 6,300
- Unis 45k

- Average basketball related post 1,900 interactions

- Average Facilities post 1500 interactions

Interesting Ringo Piece: CU misses chance to make bigger splash (Warning Uni ...

Most people over 30 don't get how big the uniform deal is.

It would be nice if someone under the age of 30 has the language skills and inclination to adequately explain this in terms that someone over 30 can actually understand.

I saw people lined up out the door for a block for the garage sale... ostensibly so they could get inside and stand in another line so they could actually enter the garage sale. And the garage sale sucked.

I think the problem might also be that folks don't realize how big of an opportunity this was. Most people over 30 don't get how big the uniform deal is.
I'm just not sure when a good time to do it would have been. Students are about to leave and uniforms aren't something that is going to get a big carry over.

I'm just not sure when a good time to do it would have been. Students are about to leave and uniforms aren't something that is going to get a big carry over.

Probably the Thursday before ~23rd, or potentially this week if it is dead week.

It would be nice if someone under the age of 30 has the language skills and inclination to adequately explain this in terms that someone over 30 can actually understand.

I am 36 I understand even if I don't care as much as others.

Since others have tried and apparently failed to explain this with words, I tried numbers on the previous page.

I am 36 I understand even if I don't care as much as others.

Since others have tried and apparently failed to explain this with words, I tried numbers on the previous page.

I would have guessed you aren't a day over 35.

Your numbers were interesting. One story your numbers don't tell is why people were finding Allbuffs so interesting that day.

It's easy to say "uniforms."

But how much was it the uniforms and how much was it the lively debate and general attention whoring that was taking place at an opportunistic moment by opposing factions?

In your opinion, would a mutual appreciation society where everyone fell in line with Shldr2Shldr, TSchekler and 'Tini have improved traffic? Or does the addition of a contrarian view championed by Orr and me add value and draw eyeballs?

I would have guessed you aren't a day over 35.

Your numbers were interesting. One story your numbers don't tell is why people were finding Allbuffs so interesting that day.

It's easy to say "uniforms."

But how much was it the uniforms and how much was it the lively debate and general attention whoring that was taking place at an opportunistic moment by opposing factions?

In your opinion, would a mutual appreciation society where everyone fell in line with Shldr2Shldr, TSchekler and 'Tini have improved traffic? Or does the addition of a contrarian view championed by Orr and me add value and draw eyeballs?

The latter, IMO. The "Skip Bayless Effect" if you will.

[/B]
The latter, IMO. The "Skip Bayless Effect" if you will.

I'm curious to get Abs take on this based on facts, but am inclined to agree with you here.

I'd be interested to see a regression of message board behavior that shows traffic patterns as soon as one poster strays away from a debate and starts attacking the messenger instead of the message.

You can pretty much tell a thread has jumped the shark when one poster starts demanding that another poster should leave due to differences in opinion.

The numbers that I see based on traffic to this site, and social media interaction regarding this subject would seem to disagree.

EX;
Coverage of:
- adding A&M and TCU - 7,500 interactions.
- Unis 45,000 and counting

- Skiing Natty 23.6K interactions
- Unis 45K

- "Buffs can dictate terms of CSU series": 6,300
- Unis 45k

- Average basketball related post 1,900 interactions

- Average Facilities post 1500 interactions
To be fair, you picked ****ty thread topics.

I'm curious to get Abs take on this based on facts, but am inclined to agree with you here.

I'd be interested to see a regression of message board behavior that shows traffic patterns as soon as one poster strays away from a debate and starts attacking the messenger instead of the message.

You can pretty much tell a thread has jumped the shark when one poster starts demanding that another poster should leave due to differences in opinion.

The personal attacks and off topic bickering is what drives almost every thread around here right now. The mere fact that a moderator started a brand new thread for the sole purpose of discussing who everybody personally despises on these boards, should tell you everything you need to know (Even more, when looking at said thread and realizing it's already at 5+ pages in the matter of a few hours).

The personal attacks and off topic bickering is what drives almost every thread around here right now. The mere fact that a moderator started a brand new thread for the sole purpose of discussing who everybody personally despises on these boards, should tell you everything you need to know (Even more, when looking at said thread and realizing it's already at 5+ pages in the matter of a few hours).
At least that one is interesting, Mr not getting asked to prom.

Personal attacks either helps drive traffic, or it doesn't. That's what I want to know.

A little bickering is okay. But it stops being entertaining when respect goes out the window.

Here's my perspective on posting etiquette, FWIW. If you direct a snarky comment at an Allbuffs poster, but you still want to have a beer with them, then it's game on. But if anger and hatred starts replacing the desire for community, then maybe it's a good idea not to be a jerk.

i can't wait for CU to be relevant again in football. Allbuffs is at its best when we are united in going after trolls from other teams.

Until then, I guess the new normal around here involves incessant battles between sunshine pumper and curmudgeon. Rage on.

The sniping only drives stuff from the folks who are here every day and post a lot.

But what drives revenue from ad dollars is views. Those views (our lurkers) become our next active members.

The sniping and personal attacks turns these people off.

What actually draws them to AB is the compiled content. On a daily basis, that's mostly the FB recruiting forum (BB to a lesser extent).

For predictable spikes, the drivers are games and signing day. Mostly football, but basketball can do it when it's a bigger game or a big recruit. Other sports occasionally move the needle when they do something special such as do well in the Pac-12 or NCAA Championships. Not much from signings unless it's an in-state athlete which will give us a little bit.

And for major traffic spikes, the driver can be anything that's an "event". A coach being hired or fired is the big one (especially if it's football and a head coach). AD announcements like uniform reveals, facilities breaking ground or some random thing.

If we set a traffic record, it's likely from Signing Day or a Football coaching change. Dare to dream, but basketball in the Final Four or, especially, football in the playoff should blow either of those away.

Bottom line: information on things that are happening with CU sports drive this site. Thousands of people like to read about those things. And, in general, a positive board does much more good for us than a negative board. Sniping doesn't drive "traffic", it only gets people who are here anyway to post a bit more -- if it's funny or it's a complete train wreck that makes it impossible to look away [ideally both].

Personal attacks either helps drive traffic, or it doesn't. That's what I want to know.

So this is a question I can answer based on years of allbuffs data: a good fight, monster disaster, painful loss etc is better at generating an acute spike in traffic than good news is. However after that spike dies out we usually return to the same or slightly lower level than before. Good news and the associated group fawning usually wont spike as acutely but the "lift" from the event is more permanent and we usually settle to a slightly higher level than before.

In short for the long term health of the site moderating some of the repetitively bickering, circle jerks, and personal attacks is good.

To be fair, you picked ****ty thread topics.

****ty or not those were actually some of the most popular subjects for our social media presence outside of uniforms in the available time frame which went back through December because of the Facebook and twitter reporting limitations.

****ty or not those were actually some of the most popular subjects for our social media presence outside of uniforms in the available time frame which went back through December because of the Facebook and twitter reporting limitations.
I know. My point was that it's all ****ty right now. Uniforms are king ****!

Idk about you guys but I could give a ****, let's make our splash on the field and the trail. Yeah I get why he wrote what he wrote, I still don't give a ****. Excuses need to stop. Everyone is gonna talk **** till you shut them up. Same people that laugh at you when you aren't ****, will be the same ones that will be on your **** when you are winning.

Last edited:
Back