What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting-Sefo calling out team for not putting forth 100%

I can confirm that Sefo ate dinner by himself last night in his dorm room.... Take-out from the C4C.... Cannot confirm what he had to eat. Also cannot confirm if eating alone is his preference or if the lazy Tight Ends have turned the team against him.

You need to order this shirt.

stalking+shirt.bmp

Hate to be a hater here,but, I don't see Sefo being the starter 2 years from now! I am a former QB, from 7 yr old till HS growing up. No college experience!

mjddiswank.gif

I just see things that are not going to cut it! NEVER does he keep the option and run w/ it. Seldom expands the play. IS good on 1st,2nd options to throw too!

Those 2 things are 100% unequivocally NOT COACHABLE. We are DOOMED.

However he is not a Manzel, Merriota, McNair,NcNabb,Luck,Young,Caperknick ect! I know for a fact that even though we have MAC talent assemble CU will never hit pay dirt with his Athleticism..or lack there of! We need a JIMMY & a JOE QB! He ain't neither...

Hmm... after two starts, I don't think I've seen enough to judge him against Vince Young, Andrew Luck, Steve McNair or Donovan McNabb (but then again, I haven't been playing QB since I was 7), but I literally do not know who ANY of those other guys are, especially "ect"! You must know way more about football than me!

Last edited:
I like Sefo, but I think this team needs an Eric Bienemy (player, not OC :wow:). He used to get pissed, scream, get in people's faces to make something happen...I don't know if any of these kids hate losing enough. What I've seen in great competitors is they hate losing more than they like winning and will do anything to avoid a loss. Do we have any of those kids?

What CU needs is players that are good. It's that simple. Yelling and screaming are not contributing factors to success. EB was a great player as a yeller and would have been great if he was quiet. Great players and great teams come in different styles.

Bo P. at Nebraska is all full of attitude and he is about the last guy I would want associated with my team.

Last edited:
What CU needs is good players. Yelling and screaming don't mean anything if you suck. EB was a great player as a yeller and would have been great if he was quiet. Not to mention that CU had loads of great players.

Bo P. at Nebraska is all full of attitude and he is about the last guy I would want associated with my team.

Walter, do you believe the whole team is giving it's best effort. If yes, go watch the Washington game again.

Walter, do you believe the whole team is giving it's best effort. If yes, go watch the Washington game again.

Well, I look at it this way by answering with another question: Do you think the extra effort between what was given and what was possible would have made any meaningful difference in the score? I don't think so. I don't think that effort is the most important deficiency here, not by a long shot. I think it comes down to (1) quality of the players and (2) competence in running the system. I believe in the "10k hours to excellence" concept. Effort in practice and consistent quality preparation over time is more important that some kind of crazy over the top hair on fire effort in the game. Ask the CUXC coach about that. It's not like the CU guys are giving zero effort out there.

Well, I look at it this way by answering with another question: Do you think the extra effort between what was given and what was possible would have made any meaningful difference in the score? I don't think so. I don't think that effort is the most important deficiency here, not by a long shot. I think it comes down to (1) quality of the players and (2) competence in running the system. I believe in the "10k hours to excellence" concept. Effort in practice and consistent quality preparation over time is more important that some kind of crazy over the top hair on fire effort in the game. Ask the CUXC coach about that. It's not like the CU guys are giving zero effort out there.

Absolutely I do. Compare and contrast the UCLA and Washington game. UCLA and Washington are very similar teams. The team effort against UCLA was remarkably higher.

Absolutely I do. Compare and contrast the UCLA and Washington game. UCLA and Washington are very similar teams. The team effort against UCLA was remarkably higher.

This is exactly right. Both games were on the road against teams that are right near the top 25 in the country. I would argue that UCLA has a better passing game with Hundley and UW has a better run game with Sankey. The effort and execution from the CU side was immensely different between those two games. Against UCLA, while the score ended up lopsided - you could honestly say that the Buffs were "in the game" and that they were playing well, just didn't have the horses to compete.
Against UW, there was no point in that game (except from maybe after P.Rich scores to make it 10-7) where I thought that the Buffs would have a shot. UW did what they wanted, when they wanted to. There were dropped balls, there were bad throws, there were missed blocks, there were missed tackles, there was blown coverages, there were turnovers... This was a recipe for how to appear uncompetitive in college football against a better opponent, in conference, on the road.

Good for him... Someone needs to call out the loafers and slackers. Great way for Sefo to show leadership.

The Buffs didn't give the same effort against Udub and UCLA.

But then again, for being similarly ranked, UCLA and Udub didn't give the same effort against CU.

I did not read it as calling anyone out and hopefully his teammates do not either. Leadership is demonstrated on the field not in press.

Back