What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Internet Spring Game Link

Closing all spring practices and scrimmages really killed any buzz from this spring. I suspect that will be tweaked next year, along with playing more of an actual game. It is what it is.

Probably.

I have no issues with closing the practices. I just hope they open up a scrimmage or two before the Spring Game.

Probably.

I have no issues with closing the practices. I just hope they open up a scrimmage or two before the Spring Game.

Neither do I. It probably makes sense to open up a few practices and a scrimmage to the media, if nothing else.

I'm not sure you can take a ingle thing away from that "game."

Yes, Nembot looked dominant, but he was up against my man Thor for 75% of his snaps.

Wood and Shrock can definitely spin it and they both hit check downs several times, but they were facing almost no rush.

Norgard is a monster. Good hands. When he hits you, you notice, but EB was in his ear after just about every play. Was a bit lost.

Ford looked like a heisman candidate, but that guy he shook out of his shoes on the long touchdown run was named Shaw Gifford.

It was fun and I felt like more guys passed the eyeball test than have the last couple of years, but the game was meaningless.

Last edited:
I just edited my post. I can't tell Tony Jones from Josh Ford.
I can tell DD Goodson because of the long hair. But its going to take some homework with the roster to get those names and numbers to sink in.

So at this point Josh Ford or Tony Jones?

The knock on JoFo is pass blocking.

But that wasn't evident today.

If one gets the dropsies he'll get benched and EB just plugs other one in.

Can't wait to have Payne in the discussion.

Spring game is meaningless. Actually, less than meaningless. Tony Jones is the #1 back.

Nembot is a beast. The Cameroonian beast. Really impressed with his play for a guy that is new to football, former basketball player. He has mastered the technique to play tackle.

Last edited:
Observations:

Connor Wood looks like a beast. Accurate and mobile
RB: Ford looked good again
Wr: Spruce dropped at least 3 passes, Wr's didn't look good

In general: Dal ward was very open post-game. I just walked in and walkled around the whole facility. Current players are still in teh dark re: the new facility.

I met Christian Powell and talked for at least 20 mins in dal ward. He is very nice and STACKED. Very excited to play, and hoeps to start. I have to say that do a crap job of hosting. He was all by himself for 30 mins and no one talked to him sans me. My bad on the spelling too drunk

Observations:

Connor Wood looks like a b[r]reast. Accurate and mobile
RB: Ford looked good again
Wr: Spruce dropped at least 3 passes, Wr's didn't look good

In general: Dal ward was very open post-game. I just walked in and walkled around the whole facility. Current players are still in teh dark re: the new facility.

I met Christian Powell and talked for at least 20 mins in dal ward. He is very nice and STACKED. Very excited to play, and hoeps to start. I have to say that do a crap job of hosting. He was all by himself for 30 mins and no one talked to him sans me. My bad on the spelling too drunk

fifya
(.)

My dad walked up to Wood an asked what the hell he was doing wearing a CSU jersey, he had no idea it was Wood. Really nice guy and looks the part. Impressed with his arm and accuracy from what I saw in my limited time there.

I guess I'm just remembering some awful overthrows, and throws across the field floated too much for my taste. I'm not convinced re: Wood. Greer nosed in for a great stop for loss. Darden looked better than previous outings. Hard to tell much with 7 on 7 and limited scrimmage where the QB changed on every drive.

Is it okay to post video here? Not sure I can get it off my phone, the video upload seems to want an URL, and it might take forever. But I have most of the first half, then no battery.

My dad walked up to Wood an asked what the hell he was doing wearing a CSU jersey, he had no idea it was Wood. Really nice guy and looks the part. Impressed with his arm and accuracy from what I saw in my limited time there.

Wait, what? Why was wood wearing a csu jersey?

Coach Mac's Feast and Fix had a decent turnout. CJ and Alfred spoke about adversity and setting lofty goals respectively. Embo called out the seniors. Mac flattered CSewe coach mc and challenged the team to drill them at invesco. He also red lettered the LA games. He said CU will own LA, and we are making it public. He announced another feast and fix event in Broomfield before the fUCLA game; he expects 5000 of us there. I spoke with Polk at the event. He is full go, wrist is fine. He is determined to lead his teammates to a bowl. Really well spoken kid. The comments above are on point regarding the scrimmage. Play was not real intense. D sucked, but was also at a real disadvantage given no dline. Nembot is a specimen and played very well... A stud in the making. Wood looked capable. His arm looks very strong. He seemed to effortlessly overthrow receivers on longer patterns. Fb plat is encouraging. Hard to comment on the D. Sherrard stuck his nose in for a nice play, I was encouraged to see that. Huge contingency of juniors and families there today.

Coach Mac's Feast and Fix had a decent turnout. CJ and Alfred spoke about adversity and setting lofty goals respectively. Embo called out the seniors. Mac flattered CSewe coach mc and challenged the team to drill them at invesco. He also red lettered the LA games. He said CU will own LA, and we are making it public. He announced another feast and fix event in Broomfield before the fUCLA game; he expects 5000 of us there. I spoke with Polk at the event. He is full go, wrist is fine. He is determined to lead his teammates to a bowl. Really well spoken kid. The comments above are on point regarding the scrimmage. Play was not real intense. D sucked, but was also at a real disadvantage given no dline. Nembot is a specimen and played very well... A stud in the making. Wood looked capable. His arm looks very strong. He seemed to effortlessly overthrow receivers on longer patterns. Fb plat is encouraging. Hard to comment on the D. Sherrard stuck his nose in for a nice play, I was encouraged to see that. Huge contingency of juniors and families there today.
Hell yes. **** LA!

The DC has a nice photo gallery up. Good pics by Cliff Grassmick.
http://photos.dailycamera.com/Sport...-Game/22442311_mSrQKK#!i=1794678173&k=jHH6q6s

Ralphie leading the charge
4b2008ca-4ab2-e74e.jpg

Connor Wood in fine form
4b2008ca-4ae0-3596.jpg

Darden's TD catch
4b2008ca-4aff-1914.jpg

Dustin Gorman's TD run
4b2008ca-4b57-2889.jpg

I guess I'm just remembering some awful overthrows, and throws across the field floated too much for my taste. I'm not convinced re: Wood. Greer nosed in for a great stop for loss. Darden looked better than previous outings. Hard to tell much with 7 on 7 and limited scrimmage where the QB changed on every drive.

I noticed a few of Wood's over throws, and chalked it up to normally throwing to p-rich who probably would have been close to catching them.

I noticed a few of Wood's over throws, and chalked it up to normally throwing to p-rich who probably would have been close to catching them.

He's got a big arm. There are times that he needs to back off and use more touch or put more air under the ball. Typical young QB stuff.

Im just glad to have a qb that can overthrow somebody and doesnt look like Little Mac behind center.

Closing all spring practices and scrimmages really killed any buzz from this spring. I suspect that will be tweaked next year, along with playing more of an actual game. It is what it is.

Shouldn't be an issue next year. There will be an established QB, and far fewer position battles.

Back