What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interview w/ HC Mike Mac

Here are some examples from several different directions:

1. In addition to your strengths, what do you feel are you greatest weaknesses as a coach? (I would bet he is going to say organizational details, but this question shows how well he knows himself and how willing he is to be emotionally open, which is a harbinger for what kind of leader he will be)

2. How do you evaluate Assistant coaches? What characteristics (besides past success) are you looking for? Is being a good motivator more important than providing (brutally) honest feedback?

3. How do you evaluate current strengths/weaknesses of the team so you know what to prioritize during recruiting?

4. Have you spoken with Embree? Do you intend to? Have you spoken with Barnett?

5. What does he think the greatest challenge is going to be in the next year and in the next three years?

6. What was the best question you were asked during the formal interview process?

7. Is he aware of the roster imbalances we have? Is he aware of the talent deficits we have at multiple positions?

8. Is he going to make a concerted effort to convince our best recruit from last year (Jagne) to enroll at CU? Does he know who Jagne is?

9. What is the best book (or three) you have read?

10. What was your favorite subject in college? What was your least?

11. Why do you love football? What is it about the people involved that keeps it new and exciting for you? Is there something else besides seeing their progress developing and growing?

Are there any unique practice activities or drills that you plan to bring to CU?

In his presser he suggested he likes a player with a chip on his shoulder. How does he recognize it when he sees it?

That's easy, Chip is very recognizable. However, I hope Chip is on both shoulders because the kids would be really unbalenced if only on one.

Q: If the moon was made of ribs, would you eat it? Hey!!

I liked the "Why Colorado?" Someone else asked.

Obviously the previous staff had a lot of ties to CU. How will you include/embrace CU traditions?

This is an excellent question. With a follow-up: "Many former players are upset with Embree's termination. Do you have a plan to bring them back into to the fold?"

In your opinion - Why did the last two coaches lose (and why was Barnett starting to)?

How will you be different that will make this team a winner?

Here's another one:

The previous Buff coach was concerned that team secrets would get out if he held open practices, yet other teams (like the Broncos) hold a few public practices and scrimmages in August to build good will among their fans. How do you feel about opening some August practices and scrimmages to the fans? In the Spring?

What did he know of the current commits if anything? Would you tell a kid if he is not a fit the truth?

How many CU MikeMac youth football clinics can we expect this summer? How many in California?

Can you save this recruitung cycle?

Have you met Stitt yet?

How many QB sneaks on first and ten can we expect to see this next season? How about DBs lining up with 12yard cushions on their WR on third and six. Please, when the other team has two great players and one of them is a kick returner, can we please kick to that guy, CU fans love this sh*t.

How aggressive are you on the recruitung trail? Do you embrace the challenge or look for the kids who "choose" CU? what positions do you feel are most imperative at this time ( this cycle)?

What plans do YOU (as coach) have for capturing and solidifying the support of fans, bosters and the allbuffs community?

I would ask him to give a timeline from his introductory presser to now.

Have you ever assaulted someone that referred to you in a derogatory manner? Hypothetically, for example, say someone publically called you a salesman.

The CU Head Coach position has been referred to as "hard work that's worth doing." You know the long hours required to turn a struggling program around. How are you able to balance that work load with your family and personal life?

What is she, like 19?

Ps: skiddy, I saw what you did. I'm willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the Buffs!

Ps: skiddy, I saw what you did. I'm willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the Buffs!

Ooh. A fark opportunity. Something like this, but with your face in the pot and MM presiding over the ritual.

5amu6une.jpg

Here's another one:

The previous Buff coach was concerned that team secrets would get out if he held open practices, yet other teams (like the Broncos) hold a few public practices and scrimmages in August to build good will among their fans. How do you feel about opening some August practices and scrimmages to the fans? In the Spring?

Pretty sure he already said practices would be open to the public.

as a fan base, would you prefer we focus on prepping more piss-filled balloons or "marshmellow-filled nails" for chucking at visiting grandmothers?

Back