What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is 2014 a Make or Break Year for CU?

Only if the defense drastically improves. They gave up 44 two years ago, 38 this year. In PAC 12 play it's even worse. Lower it another 6 points next year and they have a chance at six wins.

The defense is finally, FINALLY gaining what they lacked the past two terrible years: Age and maturity just from the lapse of time. Combine that with familiarity with the system, a change in attitude, better fundementals coaching, playing experience and another year of appropriate and innovative S&C (See "Stanford S&C") and the "D" should improve markedly. I look for noticeable improvement on the "D" line just because of age and another year of proper weight training to get those guys significantly improved strength and conditioning. These kids are just now learning that leverage comes from core strength, not from 5 bench press reps at 400 lbs.

A bellwether for the "D" will be Kenneth Crawley. That kid was a 4* athlete out of HS and was right there with his guy so many frickin' times, yet too often he did not make the play! Why? I think it was Greg Brown-induced shell shock; (something that had infected the whole "D"). If he can be induced to take his game up a couple notchs, then there's great hope for the whole team. This spring will be interesting.

Only if the defense drastically improves. They gave up 44 two years ago, 38 this year. In PAC 12 play it's even worse. Lower it another 6 points next year and they have a chance at six wins.
Zero reason for the defense to not take a big step forward next year

Make or break situations are just too rare for me to predict.

I did make it with my wife tonight

And I broke a wine glass in the process.

Being a disappointment and tossing in a broken wine glass sounds about perfect.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, 2009 was our make or break year. I think the proper question is whether 2014 is our "make" year.

We're beyond "make or break". We're already broken. The best we can realistically hope for is a bowl game, and that's a stretch. It'll take a significant improvement from a lot of players coupled with a regression from some other teams in the conference.

Back