What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is a bowl still realistic for this CU team?

I think ya'll will struggle to get a winning season but I think you'll pull it out in the end. As for the noles...I dunno...I think lil' Hawkins Jr. needs to learn how to play quarterback and then you'll be alright.

I think ya'll will struggle to get a winning season but I think you'll pull it out in the end. As for the noles...I dunno...I think lil' Hawkins Jr. needs to learn how to play quarterback and then you'll be alright.

Don't let the stats from Saturday fool you. There were too many mistakes by receivers. But yes he does have a lot of growing to do. He does have a 60-1 record as a QB so he does know how to win. However, college is a whole different ball game.

Don't let the stats from Saturday fool you. There were too many mistakes by receivers. But yes he does have a lot of growing to do. He does have a 60-1 record as a QB so he does know how to win. However, college is a whole different ball game.

This was probably the first time in his life that he faced this type of pressure. He is a bright kid with great football knowledge, he will learn and improve.

Yeah...yalls receivers looked like ours :sad1:

Yeah...yalls receivers looked like ours :sad1:

It was extremely unpleasant. It's a whole different thing if all his passes were off key but when receivers are dropping TD passes and other big gain passes it is very disheartening. You then start thinking about what could have been.

I wonder though does it do your program any good to go to the "Oil Filter Bowl" or some other fourth rate bowl. The kids gotta know its a bit of a spoof - playing Dec. 14 in a game only the homers care about - no national respect. But maybe a bowl game is a bowl game - even if the trophy comes from the Dollar Store.

So let me get this straight---you think we were better off going 2-10 last year, than going 6-6 and heading our to the Dec. 14th Oil Filter Bowl? We are looking for progress; recruits are looking to see if the team is headed in the right direction before commiting. So would you rather see CU go 5-7 and miss a bowl game, or go 6-6 and go to a lower level bowl game? Expecially if CU wins the bowl game? Are you saying that a 5-7 record would be better?

Since you referred to 'your team', I assume you are a Hawk fan foremost, and learning to be a CU fan. And we welcome that. But in this instance, it is better for ANY bowl game due to monies brought in for playing the extra game, and even more important; bowl teams get another 2-3 weeks of practices. To a young team looking forward to the next season, those extra practices are extremely important. Plus, a bowl win over anyone is good for the team to carry into the offseason, and even a bowl loss would be great, because they knew they went from 2-10 the year before to making a bowl game this year. Still good stuff for a very young team.

Good points - not new to CU (MCDB '75 and MD '79); father went there; son is there now.

What I do know (son played DI one year) is that the players are aware of the status of the bowl they are in. We have the Truck Stop Bowl up here (this year) and when out of state teams come in there is often some moaning about playing in a cold town in smaller venue. I never got the impression alot of teams were happy to come here. I assume this holds true for some of the other lesser bowls as well.

It was extremely unpleasant. It's a whole different thing if all his passes were off key but when receivers are dropping TD passes and other big gain passes it is very disheartening. You then start thinking about what could have been.

We dropped 2 huge big gain passes. Wide open to boot.

Back