What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Allbuffs still the best CU site on the web?

Ha...doubt that. About the "intelligent" part. All you all talk about is getting drunk and laid. Duh. Time to move on when your old married folk.

Yeah..you posted soon after I did on NBs...within minutes. But whatever. Carry on.

P.S. Why is Dio worried about the site? And it would help if you actually updated pages like the home page. Rather old info, don't you think?

If all your here to do is bitch then why are you here?

For the record there is nothing wrong with talking about getting laid and drunk.

Ha...doubt that. About the "intelligent" part. All you all talk about is getting drunk and laid. Duh. Time to move on when your old married folk.

Yeah..you posted soon after I did on NBs...within minutes. But whatever. Carry on.

P.S. Why is Dio worried about the site? And it would help if you actually updated pages like the home page. Rather old info, don't you think?

I don't read NB. Wait... are you saying you got your info from Scout, too?

Regarding Dio, he's asking for constructive opinions on making the site better. Home page updates may be a good point. I think it gets updated at least daily, but maybe not. We could probably be better about promoting something from the News Room if there wasn't much going on.

Yeah, what are the odds somebody could have gotten that info from Scout??

Oh, wait....
Hey...take a look at this from Scout.com... -- Gateway Wed Feb 29 2012 6:39:09 PM

BTW, don't see anybody named Buffnik posting anywhere on that page. But whatever...

Not enough links to 1995, er Netbuffs....

Hey Junc! Happy Birthday...you're like right behind me after all these years!

And Nik...of course I got my info from the coach's mouth and I linked Scout on NBs. I just found it funny you linked it here within minutes.

Anyway...just wanted you all to know that I haven't died yet. Isn't that great news? :thumbsup:

I didn't think timeliness was the issue there.... I see two articles from today, one from yesterday, one from the day before.....

And there are still comments on page one of their football board from February. But this is the place with stale info.... :lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

And Nik...of course I got my info from the coach's mouth and I linked Scout on NBs. I just found it funny you linked it here within minutes.

Anyway...just wanted you all to know that I haven't died yet. Isn't that great news? :thumbsup:

When you die, are you coming back as Lt. Col Frank Slade?

Adults identifying with teenage angst and retort, is exactly why I no longer want to post. It's fun for awhile, but you have to grow up and move on.

Buffnik was one of the few who I thought gave valuable insight to the football board and was worth reading. He was informed. Gave insight, but the football board, like all the others, has no oversight that keeps to keep a thread on track, before it devolves into name calling and repartee among long time posters, which often confuses the casual reader until you have to log off.

Allbuffs seems to have regressed from an information site for football to an insider joke among the regulars. No different. no better and no worse from NBOT, and that is a shame, since football should not be off topic.

I just went back and checked the Scout message board thread. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=148&f=2898&t=8751409

I posted a "thank you" to Brandon Huffman about an hour after he had the info and then linked it here about 15 minutes later.

fwiw, SD Buff asked me on Monday if you still posted here because he wanted to know if I could ask you whether you knew if MM and JE had a good relationship. That's honestly the first time I'd thought of you in connection with this story and it took me a bit to remember that you have a relationship there. I'm sure folks would be interested if you want to answer.

It actually pisses me off, though, to be accused of something when there's absolutely nothing to it.

Adults identifying with teenage angst and retort, is exactly why I no longer want to post. It's fun for awhile, but you have to grow up and move on.

Buffnik was one of the few who I thought gave valuable insight to the football board and was worth reading. He was informed. Gave insight, but the football board, like all the others, has no oversight that keeps to keep a thread on track, before it devolves into name calling and repartee among long time posters, which often confuses the casual reader until you have to log off.

Allbuffs seems to have regressed from an information site for football to an insider joke among the regulars. No different. no better and no worse from NBOT, and that is a shame, since football should not be off topic.

That's being addressed. We are considering changing things up to moderate all the sports forums similar to how we moderate the recruiting forums. A little more banter, but the real off topic posts should be in the Pub or on the Island. It's a tough balance, though, between people having the freedom to goof around and have fun (which you don't want to lose) and that stuff going so far that it's difficult for a lot of people to get info and follow things if they haven't been religiously reading the board every day for a year.

I just went back and checked the Scout message board thread. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=148&f=2898&t=8751409

I posted a "thank you" to Brandon Huffman about an hour after he had the info and then linked it here about 15 minutes later.

fwiw, SD Buff asked me on Monday if you still posted here because he wanted to know if I could ask you whether you knew if MM and JE had a good relationship. That's honestly the first time I'd thought of you in connection with this story and it took me a bit to remember that you have a relationship there. I'm sure folks would be interested if you want to answer.

It actually pisses me off, though, to be accused of something when there's absolutely nothing to it.

Well then, I have to apologize and say I'm SO sorry for saying/thinking that. I know how it feels to be accused of things which are not true. I thought you remembered my connection since you PM'd me in the past for any info I could provide you.

And yes...tell SD that Mike has a good relationship with Embree. He went to bat for him in the past when GB was fired. But then again, Mike has a lot of connections to people in many programs.

Well then, I have to apologize and say I'm SO sorry for saying/thinking that. I know how it feels to be accused of things which are not true. I thought you remembered my connection since you PM'd me in the past for any info I could provide you.

And yes...tell SD that Mike has a good relationship with Embree. He went to bat for him in the past when GB was fired. But then again, Mike has a lot of connections to people in many programs.

Apology accepted. Gate, how long ago did I pm you? I would guess in 2010 when we had the LM running back leave? I assume that I asked for SD, which is why he remembered. We don't push hard to make this a "scoop" board. Focus is much more on compiling info.

I'll pass it along. Thank you.

Its too bad you feel that way. As Nik said, the admin has laid down the law regarding the thread jacking going on in the recruiting board. Not sure if you realize, maybe you do, but Allbuffs has really grown. A lot. There are tons of new posters and there are some growing pains to go with that. Now, about that "you have to grow up" remark......

Gateway came looking for a fight and instead she ends up apologizing and makes friends. Allbuffs has really changed, :sad1: oh well, we will always have the politics forum. Hey Gate!

Since gate doesn't like Allbuffs, it doesn't need to be changed.

Amazing how a thread takes a left turn as soon as Gate appears. Saying it again, Allbuffs does not need to change one iota, especially with Gate or the hubby not liking it.

Back