What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is anybody from here going to the game?

I do hesitate posting this but one of the major problems with getting to Shreveport no longer is a problem. An Uncle my wife and I spend a lot of our time taking care of has passed. The funeral is tomorrow. Now if I can just figure out how to get up and down steps and walk just a little ways, I might ask the sheriff to let me get out of his protective custody. At best it would be a one day over and back trip though.

I do hesitate posting this but one of the major problems with getting to Shreveport no longer is a problem. An Uncle my wife and I spend a lot of our time taking care of has passed. The funeral is tomorrow. Now if I can just figure out how to get up and down steps and walk just a little ways, I might ask the sheriff to let me get out of his protective custody. At best it would be a one day over and back trip though.

Sorry about your family member, MS. Always hard to lose someone and this time of year I'm sure makes it a bit more difficult. :sad1:

not me, brutha.

:yeahthat:

And MS, sorry for you loss, and your physical problems. Sounds like you have some of the same issues my mother has (must have been something about that old HS you both attended :wink2:), and she has trouble making it to the mall, let alone a bowl game. Hope you get feeling good enough to make the trip...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. My prayers are with your family.

Sorry for your loss, MS.

When's the next time you can realistically expect to see the Buffs play? See Ralphie charge out on the field?

I will buy your ticket if you agree to go. Just send me the PM and I'll call the ticket office and have a ticket put in your name at will call. Just say the word.

:wow: Was not expecting this.

It was my wifes Uncle. He never married and she is the one that he counted on as being his family, mostly. One of her sister does things for him also. The past year his needs have increased significantly and it has kept us both hopping.

Just to clear up my walking. I have a bad disk. It makes it hard particularly to get up and down steps. Sometime just going to the mail box and back causes me to sit down and rest it as soon as I get back in the house. The mail box in not far from the house. Many, many have similar problems and and worse than me.

Sacky thanks so much for the offer but it will probably be a last minute decision. Hopefully it will not be sell out and I can find tickets.

I have not discussed it with my wife yet but maybe we can get to a home game in Boulder next year. Maybe I can win the Allbuffs tickets that I sure hope we continue.

Sorry to hear about the losss MS. Take care of that back as well - a sore back makes everything difficult.

Hope you can get to he game. The more of us the better!

my condolences. i too am facing the imminent departure of my dad's best friend - he was a key figure in my childhood, being as his family lived across ther street from ours.

if i could identify a second dad, it would be him.

my condolences. i too am facing the imminent departure of my dad's best friend - he was a key figure in my childhood, being as his family lived across ther street from ours.

if i could identify a second dad, it would be him.

As I have learned when you get as old as me, these come way to often.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's best friend.

Sorry to hear about the wife's uncle. Celebrate his life tomorrow and all he brought to this world.

It was my wifes Uncle. He never married and she is the one that he counted on as being his family, mostly. One of her sister does things for him also. The past year his needs have increased significantly and it has kept us both hopping.

Just to clear up my walking. I have a bad disk. It makes it hard particularly to get up and down steps. Sometime just going to the mail box and back causes me to sit down and rest it as soon as I get back in the house. The mail box in not far from the house. Many, many have similar problems and and worse than me.

Sacky thanks so much for the offer but it will probably be a last minute decision. Hopefully it will not be sell out and I can find tickets.

I have not discussed it with my wife yet but maybe we can get to a home game in Boulder next year. Maybe I can win the Allbuffs tickets that I sure hope we continue.

MS, sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

Back problems, especially involving discs, can be very painful. Sitting on bleachers ( or standing up for hours at a time at a game in cold weather) can be unbearably difficult. (no matter how much you support the Buffs).
I'm thinking positive thoughts for you . -- B4E

Sorry to hear about your loss, MS. But now that your responsibilities have lessoned, maybe you could get some surgery on that disk to make life a bit easier? Not saying that to get you to the game, we understand that, but just to make the pain go away and give you a bunch of options outside the house for fun. Have had a freind that put off that surgurey for years and once it was done, he was a different person. Was so scared of some permanent damage that he shied away from it, but after it got so bad that he basically was an invalid anyway, he bit the bullet, and now is out walking 5 miles a day. Not running marathons, or climbing mountains, but compared to where he was--- night and day!

You'll be able to find tickets, right next to The Answer

The Cat's out of the bag... MsBuff got his tickets a couple of minutes ago... thanks for the help from everyone!:thumbsup:

The Cat's out of the bag... MsBuff got his tickets a couple of minutes ago... thanks for the help from everyone!:thumbsup:

excellent!

i am sorry to hear of the loss of your wife's uncle as well, but to hear that you will be going to the game brings the spirit of the season to the rest of us...

enjoy yourself, ms...you are one of the best, and you deserve it!!

:smile:

excellent!

i am sorry to hear of the loss of your wife's uncle as well, but to hear that you will be going to the game brings the spirit of the season to the rest of us...

enjoy yourself, ms...you are one of the best, and you deserve it!!

:smile:

thanks but now I have to figure out how many my son has posted in my name.

I have not been on lately

Back