1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anybody going to be attending practices?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

The team starts practicing again on August 7th. And since Hawkins has gone on record to allow the public to watch again, I was curious to know if anyone will be going and posting comments on AllBuffs?

Umm.... I almost forgot, Internet Scum like myself won't be allowed at the practices. Maybe I can come up with a disguise?

2. Dunken

Dunken Member

will be there!!!! GO BUFFS!!!!

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Oh I will be there... should we post our thoughts in Barzil tho?

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I think they should be posted in the public forum unless it's something extraordinary. I really don't think that allbuffs should become a paysite and when you start restricting basic info like practice reports to those who have ponied up, that is what it becomes.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Last year, there were several really good practice posts on AllBuffs that everyone seemed to appreciate.

I think that because some posts were so detailed that it drew alot of attention from other sources, which in turn created some heartburn with Hawkins.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

and then we got locked out and called internet scum :lol:

7. Daaah

If he doesn't want fans to know what is going on at practice, he should keep them closed to the fans. I'd be ok with that (sorta) if he just came out and said it. If practices are going to be open to the fans you have to expect that the fans that attend are going to discuss them. On the otherhand, video does seem unnacceptable and anyone using a recording device or cell phone when they are told not to should immediately be kicked out and not allowed back in.

Lately there have been several threads touching on the openness of this board and some folks suggesting that we go to more of a closed-type board ala Buttskerpedia. I really think it's a slippery slope that we don't want to start down. Limiting football related posts (except of the type most recently started in Barzil regarding The Hawk's wellbeing) in the public forum just doesn't seem right at all.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Daaah, I'm with you. The practice reports should be out here in public forums. Just one mod's opinion.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Agree 100%. This is a CU sports forum. CU sports information is the first thing that should be available to anybody.

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

yeah, don't most people come here because they dont want to pay for rivals? bad idea.

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

yep
    yep, again
    I thot that happened after spring practices. At any rate, the far-away-fans appreciate those who attend and post their observations.

12. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm unclear what specifically drew Hawk's ire in the Spring. I know he suggested that internet sites were essentially scouting for other teams. However, I wondered if it was more related to critical analysis of specific players' performances. He's necessarily protective of the guys, and I appreciate that quality. Perhaps that is more related to his motive than he let on?

13. Daaah

I think it involved Ballenger and perhaps helfrich. But that is purely speculation.

14. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

My attitude is that if you are not comfortable posting it in the public forums you probably shouldn't be posting it at all.

From somebody who lives far, far away from Boulder, I do enjoy reading about the practices. My thanks to the people who take the time to write anything up.

15. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I only suggested it because of Hawk's douchebaggery on the issue. I am all for informing the public with my lack of knowledge :smile2: :thumbsup:

16. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Not really. I have a rivals account. I just find this place more lively.

17. sweaty teets

as do i, im just assuming a lot of people chose to get their info from here, rather than there.

18. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously, I just want to know if they are worth the dough? for reals.

19. sweaty teets

there is stuff on there that never gets here that is pretty in-depth. during the months up to LOI day it is definitely worth the money IMO.

20. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I'll go again to a couple most likely. My reports won't be as in-depth this time