What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is anybody worried about csu?

Maybe you're right. I expect mistakes. But I see mistakes out of CU also. A lot of inexperienced players starting also. First game, no hudle offfense, no time to set up (it will be A LOT different with this new rule, it is going to take a game to get used to) and some big mistakes for both teams. However probably more for CSU.

Honestly I think this new system is going to be a MAJOR improvement over what we had...and there will be new looks for the CU D to adjust to. weather or not we will be ready in game-one is left to be seen. Even though there is going to be a learning curve for CSU on the O-side, for the most part this system much better and will be a major improvement in my opinion.

Like I said...no doubt CU should win this game....most CSU fans are expecting that. however I expect to see a lot of mistakes from both teams...and CSU will be in the game...don't expect a blow-out.

Inexperience as in 8 returning senior starters on Defense type inexperience?? Or 6 returning starters on O including the incumbent QB? There is a lot of youth on the team, but not nearly as much inexperience as you might think. The new CSU system may be a major improvement, but it won't be clicking on all cylinders overnight. Trust me, Buff fans know this. I am not trying to bash on you, but I think that you are mistaking youth for inexperience, and trying to see positive things by distorting the facts.

Inexperience as in 8 returning senior starters on Defense type inexperience?? Or 6 returning starters on O including the incumbent QB? There is a lot of youth on the team, but not nearly as much inexperience as you might think. The new CSU system may be a major improvement, but it won't be clicking on all cylinders overnight. Trust me, Buff fans know this. I am not trying to bash on you, but I think that you are mistaking youth for inexperience, and trying to see positive things by distorting the facts.

Inexperience:
not talking only about starters. The buffs have 4 RS-Freshman lineman either as starters (at guard) or second team.

in the secondary beyond Brown, Dykes and Perkins there is no experience. Unless you are planning on playing those three the whole game then expect some mistakes.

What about the running game? Sumler has some experience...but is he going to carry the load for CU the whole game? Please don't tell me you expect a true freshman to come in and produce. I don't care how good the kid is...there is such a major difference between HS and D-1.

Anyway...if I look down the list of offensive lineman, DEs, and secondary, I see a lot of RS-Freshman. Call it what you want...a depth issue or inexperience. The only off setting factor is that CSU has probably more inexperience.

argument accepted...but take a look at your own depth chart and the fact some freshman are expected to start. The is usually a rare thing for a Big 12 team.

Inexperience:
not talking only about starters. The buffs have 4 RS-Freshman lineman either as starters (at guard) or second team.

in the secondary beyond Brown, Dykes and Perkins there is no experience. Unless you are planning on playing those three the whole game then expect some mistakes.

What about the running game? Sumler has some experience...but is he going to carry the load for CU the whole game? Please don't tell me you expect a true freshman to come in and produce. I don't care how good the kid is...there is such a major difference between HS and D-1.

Anyway...if I look down the list of offensive lineman, DEs, and secondary, I see a lot of RS-Freshman. Call it what you want...a depth issue or inexperience. The only off setting factor is that CSU has probably more inexperience.

argument accepted...but take a look at your own depth chart and the fact some freshman are expected to start. The is usually a rare thing for a Big 12 team.

True freshmen like Mo Clarrett and Adrian Pederson? Allegedly DS possesses that level of talent.

Of course so did Marcus Houston, right up to the moment he got stuffed by JJ Billingsly.

Your not so bad, Nolarising...not as bad as I thought at first.

True freshmen like Mo Clarrett and Adrian Pederson?

I despise Ohio State, but I'll probably never forget watching that first game of his against Texas Tech. Absolutely unbelievable talent... I remember I randomly ended up talking to Brandon Dabdoub that night (who was, for the record, one of the friendliest people I've ever met) and he just couldn't stop talking about that performance. I'm pretty sure the phrase "dude, SO glad we aren't playing them" was uttered at least 4 times.

Oy, what might have been with that kid... :huh:

Sweet csu fans are already accepting defeat and going for the moral victory by telling us they WILL be in the game! I have a hard time believing csu has much of a chance to finish within 2 TD's of the buffs. CSU is a bad bad football team and it's time to put them away.

Oh and I don't think playing against csu will be that much different then playing in high school for Darrell Scott. Seriously.

Last edited:
Back