What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is anyone else feeling much upsetness

DrunkPanda

That Embree hasn't been fired yet after that performance against Oregon? Ok, I actually don't care that much, I just wanted to use the word upsetness

Good use of the word upsetness... No, not really. I expected to get embarrassed against Oregon. I would like to pretend that I thought we'd do a bit better but not really. Upsetness will set in if we continue to look like punching bags for Utah, Arizona and Washington.

If CU loses out, is he gone? It seems like a much more realistic possibility than it did a few weeks ago but I'm not sure why. I don't have any connection or inside info but it seems like the topic of his firing has percolated through the media more over the last few weeks and is at least being brought up.

If CU loses out, is he gone? It seems like a much more realistic possibility than it did a few weeks ago but I'm not sure why. I don't have any connection or inside info but it seems like the topic of his firing has percolated through the media more over the last few weeks and is at least being brought up.

I think that even those who are wildly optimistic and patient can see the writing on the wall. This isn't rebuilding bad. Not even on the extreme end. This is sheer incompetence, Colorado and most other FBS teams have never been remotely close to this bad, bad. The University is facing an absolutely unprecedented loss of support from the fanbase if Embree is retained. Letting this coaching staff go at this point is simply damage control.

To answer your question, yes... I have now had my college football taken from me also. In my single college days I had college football,skiing,motorcycling,drinking,chasing girls,etc...fast forward: got married, lost some things to do...had children lost pretty much everything else except, I had my football.... now that does not even matter anymore and hasn't in about 7+ years... Now I have my kids, my family, and just read about how bad the program I followed for so long (about 35 years), thanks CU for taking the one thing that was just mine!! Oh and a bunch of $ also!!

Nope....have about 0 fire for this team anymore....still love them to death, but my expectations are now so low and my desire to not let the team destroy my weekends/weeks has led me to be as apathetic as humanly possible towards this team

I'll always love the University - no matter what... I hate CU leadership and their lack of commitment to the football program. This **** is embarrassing.

No.

Cu football died at least 7 years ago for me. I'm one of those spoiled 94 brats.
Junior year. Sheer total awesomeness.

as for this staff - youth, inexperience, new system, culture change, blah, blah, blah - Arizona beat USC for chrisake. Done.

That sad part is that it's turning more into apathy, which is really bad. It's just so frustrating that the administration is placing so little value on fielding a team that can at the very least be in competition for a bowl bid every year. Which isn't asking very much given the overkill of bowl games there are now.

I have lost it. I just do not care anymore. I will start to care again when the Admin up in Boulder decide that football is important again. At this point, I will continue to go to bball games but my run of consecutive seasons with season tickets for football (and the donation that went with 4 tix on the 50, west side, 25 rows off of the field) is over. That run goes back to when I was a Freshman in 85. They have finally beat it out of me.

Good use of the word upsetness... No, not really. I expected to get embarrassed against Oregon. I would like to pretend that I thought we'd do a bit better but not really. Upsetness will set in if we continue to look like punching bags for Utah, Arizona and Washington.

Actually, the embarrassment was in the first 3 games. Now it's an expectation, e.g., John Saunders' remark was simply "bad team" and end of discussion.

Actually, the embarrassment was in the first 3 games. Now it's an expectation, e.g., John Saunders' remark was simply "bad team" and end of discussion.

I agree and I support letting the entire coaching staff go and starting over. That said, after listening to Phil and Mike last Friday, I don't believe the administration is going to make the change. So, I've lowered my expectations and I'm just looking for some sign that there's a spark of life there.

Basically, I don't think it's worth venting too much on a week when we got blown out by Oregon. Nobody is going to listen because we were supposed to get blown out. Get blown out by Utah/Washington/Arizona... start venting.

Slight upsetness, but more disappointment and just sadness. I really was pulling for the staff to succeed because it seemed like they really wanted this as much as many of us do, maybe even more than us since they've been closer to the program than most who post here. I guess to a certain extent, I still am hoping against hope that if they stay for a third year, they'll get it turned around. It's a results-oriented buisness though, and based on the performance on the field, it's tough to frame an argument for why they should stay.

yes. Upset. I am a spoiled CU brat from 91-95. I want it back but have absolutely no power to help in that regard. I do not live in Colorado, I do not have a ton of money to donate, and I do not have the ability to coach this team.

I am completely dependent on others to save the program, so I steal grills.

My most highest level of upsetness focuses on this defense this year.

My gawd is this defense totally inept. Oregon could have scored 150 if they really wanted to.

I don't know if there are any positives? Maybe that Crawley has shown flashes of becoming a good player, Daigh is our best LB and that maybe our young DL guys may be good players eventually. There is literally NO veteran presence or leadership. Major sucks at tackling which is kind of important. Polk blows goats. Vigo is a veteran leader, are you ****ting me? CUD I guess is there, but even he can't really help when every team knows to just handle him and they're fine. Not like I can say the offense is good, but at least they ran the ball a little on Saturday.

I agree and I support letting the entire coaching staff go and starting over. That said, after listening to Phil and Mike last Friday, I don't believe the administration is going to make the change. So, I've lowered my expectations and I'm just looking for some sign that there's a spark of life there.

Basically, I don't think it's worth venting too much on a week when we got blown out by Oregon. Nobody is going to listen because we were supposed to get blown out. Get blown out by Utah/Washington/Arizona... start venting.

I'm kind of expecting to get blown out by Arizona and maybe Washington. Arizona is on a path to the most average number of first downs ever. An offense that can do that could get ugly.

I'm kind of expecting to get blown out by Arizona and maybe Washington. Arizona is on a path to the most average number of first downs ever. An offense that can do that could get ugly.

I am kind of expecting to get blown out in all of the remaining games. My point is that some of the excuses that apply to USC and Oregon go away with the remaining schools. On paper the remaining teams do not have the talent of those schools (well, maybe Stanford does but you get my meaning).

Back