What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is anyone talking about Tyler Hansen yet?

The thing is, it was just a fight at a frat party. It happens every weekend. Sounds like Hansen got caught up in a bad situation. Wrong place, wrong time. But still. ****!

way more to the story btw.

Always is. In this case, they really held a lot back in the printed story. Like what happened that caused the original incident, what made Ewing take a shot at the security guy, why did Hansen jump in, etc.

way more to the story btw.

tony-the-tiger-frosties.jpg

Let me just say FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting Hansen to play anyway, so I can't be that pissed. I guess this just assures the red shirt.

Cody has to come through. He did it vs chokelhoma in 2007, so he can do it now.

I wasn't expecting Hansen to play anyway, so I can't be that pissed. I guess this just assures the red shirt.

Cody has to come through. He did it vs chokelhoma in 2007, so he can do it now.
If Hansen does not play, you can kiss Danny's butt goodbye. Good riddance, juicebox.

Ringo said that Hansen is still the backup, he made the road trip, would play if Cody got hurt, and that it appears his role in the incident was very minor.

Ringo said that Hansen is still the backup, he made the road trip, would play if Cody got hurt, and that it appears his role in the incident was very minor.

Yeah well. If he was practicing with the 1s and now is not....

Good....if Hansen played a minor role, than Danny should go ahead and start Hansen as was planned, and keep alive the glimmer of hope that Danny's ass can still be saved...

Waitaminute. Either he's in trouble or he's not. What's this 'he might play, but he might be in trouble' bull****?

A little off topic, but since when did fraternities at CU hire outside security for parties??

A little off topic, but since when did fraternities at CU hire outside security for parties??

We did that, couple years ago. It's just smart. Cant get in trouble for underage folks getting in--they check ID's, stops (errr, supposed to stop) fights, etc.

Since when do fraternities check ID's to make sure you are 21? The whole point of going to frat parties when I was underage was because you were not old enough to get into a bar and frat parties were generally the best parties for the underage social scene.

Since when do fraternities check ID's to make sure you are 21? The whole point of going to frat parties when I was underage was because you were not old enough to get into a bar and frat parties were generally the best parties for the underage social scene.

Are you familiar with the term CYA?

Since they started getting ticketed to the extreme, losing affiliation with the school, etc. Not good. And they crack down now more than ever. Not worth it so some 19 year old dude can come, get drunk and annoy the **** out of you.:rolleyes:

Since they started getting ticketed to the extreme, losing affiliation with the school, etc. Not good. And they crack down now more than ever. Not worth it so some 19 year old dude can come, get drunk and annoy the **** out of you.:rolleyes:

Aren't there 19 and 20 year old fraternity brothers in the house though?

I get the point of doing it, but it just seems weird to me. The culture has changed quite a bit over the last ten years or so.

Hawkins: Tyler, you know how I promised you 2 starting seasons after Cody graduates?
Hansen: Yeah, of course I remember. I'm taking sh!t at school every day I don't play.
Hawkins: Well, I'm catching the same crap. So here's the deal. I'm going to start a rumor that I'm going to play you against WVU, but you go get into trouble, something very minor, but enough for me to sit you. That's the only way you're going to get those starts.
Hansen: Okay, coach, I believe you this time. How does a fight at a frat party sound?
Hawkins: Awesome, baby! (no rocks)

Hansen's not 21, is he? Security's not doing their job. Should immediately void whatever happened.

at least it looks like Hansen was mostly sober and mostly just doing the right thing. looks like it anyways.

What, underage drinking at a frat party? Not my University of Colorado Greek system.

Last edited:
Aren't there 19 and 20 year old fraternity brothers in the house though?

I get the point of doing it, but it just seems weird to me. The culture has changed quite a bit over the last ten years or so.

Any kind of sactioned event is generally alcohol free anyhow (well, you know...wink, wink). When there is an off-campus party, the way the media is today and PC (not that Im saying its wrong), with all the deaths occuring---if you're drinking, you better be 21. As far as brothers in the house go---kind of one of those things. Dont get caught, dont leave the house. Other people coming up, you cant control who's going to drive, hurt themselves, etc. Just a CYA type of deal. It's certainly not at all parties...well, wasnt back then. I have no idea what goes on now, honestly.

Back