What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Baer part of the problem?

Baer taking blame for missed tackles in DP, yes it is Henderson but a more balanced article, so I am linking to it.
http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_24506800/cu-buffs-defensive-coordinator-kent-baer-takes-blame

Interestingly, however, Baer is also publicly accepting our major deficiencies on the roster. I don't think HCMM has as he doesn't like to make excuses:

I don't consider a fact an excuse. The rub is that he is responsible for getting players here that do have the speed and talent. He better get busy or get lost.

Baer is not to blame. The freshman are not physically and mentally mature to be playing against Pac 12 competition. We are still about 2 or 3 years away. We just have to continue to get better, no quick fixes. Give Coach Mac time to rebuild the program. They should set goals for the offseason. Tackling and some guys like Gillam gaining about 20 pounds should at the top of the llist. Tackling will improve when the freshmen become more physically and mentally mature.

I haven't seen anyone stop the zone read since it's inception except Stanford and Alabama/LSU and uber-talented defenses. Interesting that I don't see Stanford's defense as super fast. They are very physical up front, assignment-correct at all times, and disciplined tacklers. It puts an enormous amount of pressure on defenses.

Utah has done a pretty good job recently with a lot of under-recruited guys, but many they have a nasty front that puts enormous pressure on the QB. They have held some pretty good teams like ASU well under their averages recently. Is it because they practice against it? Stanford doesn't.... Utah has a lot of upper class guys right now in key positions.

Back