What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Bama going to back into the NC game under the Nebraska rule?

I'm not the one crying for my team to play in a game they don't deserve, am I?

So as I said, sit down and be quiet. The adults are talking.

Adults are talking about fairness in football. Your sissy/fairness/everybody is a winner attitude is what is wrong with America. You know and I know that Alabama is the 2nd best team in America and would be favored over any other team on a neutral site but since it isn't 'fair' you want to complain. Your 'dismissal' post indicates you really have nothing.

We are going to be in the game. You don't have to watch it. You don't have care. Your teams could have been but they choked.

An LSU/Bama rematch is fine by me, even though LSU already beat the Tide in Tuscaloosa earlier in the season. This is my rationale:
1) As a CFB fan, I enjoy football being played at it's highest level. The last contest was a nailbiter that made for great viewing. A matchup with VT, Houston, Oregon, Oklahoma State, or anyone else isn't as likely to generate four quarters of competitive football. Each are not as deserving as Alabama based on the combination of record and strength of schedule.
2) As an advocate of a playoff system, I am of the opinion that 2011 season provides additional ammunition to a change in post season play. There is no shortage of arguments from CCG winners and undefeated teams as to why Bama shouldn't be there. (And LSU if they loss to Georgia in the SEC CCG.

The first reason by itself is kind of weak, as any team is capable of beating any other team on any given Saturday.

Conference partisanship concerns remain the biggest issue. However, the first reason in combination with the second makes a Tigers/Crimson Tide rematch okay by me. If every conference but the SEC is really upset by the selection, then that gets us closer to reform.

I was against a rematch until I realized that Bama could back into the NC game. Now I'm all for a rematch.

Fixed that for you.

I have not once mentioned 'my team' in this thread (I don't have more than one). My team is the Buffs and they were terrible this year.

Fixed that for you.

I have not once mentioned 'my team' in this thread (I don't have more than one). My team is the Buffs and they were terrible this year.

Is this normal for this website? When you have nothing you fake what other posters posted?

Your team has to be one of those teams or the barn for you to be pimping them as hard are you are when you know they are not the best team and you are relying on 'fairness' to get them into the game. Football is a sport-it is not about fair. It isn't fair we don't have a kicker. Nobody cares.

Is this normal for this website? When you have nothing you fake what other posters posted?

Your team has to be one of those teams or the barn for you to be pimping them as hard are you are when you know they are not the best team and you are relying on 'fairness' to get them into the game. Football is a sport-it is not about fair. It isn't fair we don't have a kicker. Nobody cares.

You're thinking of tini that has 17 teams he roots for. My team is CU. That's it. Always has been, always will be. You are the one on a CU board, champ.

BTW, your definition of 'best' is highly subjective. Do you need me to tell you what that word means?

BTW, your definition of 'best' is highly subjective. Do you need me to tell you what that word means?

You realize everything you have posted is also highly subjective. I miss your point. I believe Alabama would be favored against any team other than LSU on a neutral field by the majority of Vegas bookmakers. Do you disagree with this statement? A simple yes or no would suffice.

If your ego doesn't allow you to say 'yes' or 'no' I will understand.

If OSU wins, it will have a better argument to play LSU in the championship. That is all.

There is no best teams in college football until there is a true playoff system. Bama is one of the better teams in the country although I do not believe any team should get a second chance to beat a team that they lost too. That and well I don't think I can take another 9-6 game because that was one of the worst games I have ever witnessed.

Sorry, but a loss to Iowa State trumps a loss to LSU, regardless of venue. I watched both teams play several times this year, and I can say with no doubt that Alabama is a far better team than Okie State. Not even close. Top to bottom, this has been a down year for the Big XII.

You realize everything you have posted is also highly subjective. I miss your point. I believe Alabama would be favored against any team other than LSU on a neutral field by the majority of Vegas bookmakers. Do you disagree with this statement? A simple yes or no would suffice.

If your ego doesn't allow you to say 'yes' or 'no' I will understand.

Who gives a **** who would be favored? You know how they set betting lines, don't you? They are set to get equal action on both sides of the bet so the house can take its 10% cut and have little to no risk.

There is no best teams in college football until there is a true playoff system. Bama is one of the better teams in the country although I do not believe any team should get a second chance to beat a team that they lost too. That and well I don't think I can take another 9-6 game because that was one of the worst games I have ever witnessed.

Every play mattered. You people with a short attention spans need scoring to keep you interested.

Who gives a **** who would be favored? You know how they set betting lines, don't you? They are set to get equal action on both sides of the bet so the house can take its 10% cut and have little to no risk.

Like I said I understand why you can't answer the question.

Every play mattered. You people with a short attention spans need scoring to keep you interested.

Sorry that I hate ****** QB play? How is it the best conference in America can't find a QB to run a legitimate offense? I mean that game was awful full of WAY to many mistakes. If that is good football then I see why SEC fans have such an odd reputation.

Sorry that I hate ****** QB play? How is it the best conference in America can't find a QB to run a legitimate offense? I mean that game was awful full of WAY to many mistakes. If that is good football then I see why SEC fans have such an odd reputation.

I am not a fan of either team, but that was one of the most entertaining games I have seen. I love watching good defenses have their way.

Sorry, but a loss to Iowa State trumps a loss to LSU, regardless of venue. I watched both teams play several times this year, and I can say with no doubt that Alabama is a far better team than Okie State. Not even close. Top to bottom, this has been a down year for the Big XII.
So you are ignoring all other information, including the information suggesting that this has been a bigger down year for the SEC than the Big 12 (in fact, the Big 12 has been far tougher, top to bottom, than the SEC), in favor of the "who did they lose to" trump card.

My favorite part is where you completely ignore that by winning against LSU, Bama STILL wouldn't prove anything unless there was a rubber match, cause bama ALREADY LOST. How is that for a trump card?

My favorite part is where you completely ignore that by winning against LSU, Bama STILL wouldn't prove anything unless there was a rubber match, cause bama ALREADY LOST. How is that for a trump card?

Yep.

I'm getting hives from agreeing with you today, BTW. :lol:

I am not a fan of either team, but that was one of the most entertaining games I have seen. I love watching good defenses have their way.

Sure they are 2 good defenses, but it helps that the QB play was just straight up awful. I could never figure out why teams with such great defenses cant put together a decent ****ing offense.

Those were NFL defenses pal. Every starter on Bama's team is going to play in the NFL. We will have 2 taken in the 1st round this year maybe 3. Our goofdick QB is in his first year but I bet he get drafted and sticks in the NFL. Their QB just got out of jail and had not practiced much.

So you are ignoring all other information, including the information suggesting that this has been a bigger down year for the SEC than the Big 12 (in fact, the Big 12 has been far tougher, top to bottom, than the SEC), in favor of the "who did they lose to" trump card.

Than no team with a loss can prove anything in any championship game. Ever. Not much of a trump card.

Back