What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Bama going to back into the NC game under the Nebraska rule?

TEAM BEATEN
RANK
TEAM LOST TO
RANK
TEAM BEATEN
RANK
TEAM LOST TO
RANK
Kent State
Louisiana Lafayette
@Penn State
Arizona
North Texas
@Tulsa
Arkansas
@Texas AM
@Florida
Kansas
Vandy
@Texas
@Ol Miss
@Mizzou
Tennessee
Baylor
LSU
Kansas State
@Miss State
@Texas Tech
Georgia Southern
@Iowa State
@Auburn

By my count, Alabama has more total wins, more wins against ranked teams. It has a win against the highest currently ranked team on this table (Arkansas #8). Also has a much much more acceptable loss. What other category do you guys want?

Now if they beat OU and the voters put them at #2, great. But if I had to pick 2 teams right now to play, Alabama would be my second.

If Bama had a kicker and had beaten LSU, would you be pimping for an 11-1 LSU to get a rematch?

I would have wanted Stanford until they got beat. Then OSU until they got beat. Then OU until they got beat. Why? because we would have mudholed any of them and LSU is the only team that has a chance to beat us. I did not campaign for a rematch until they all choked.

If you want to play big boy football you don't lose to ****ing Iowa State. Anybody that makes excuses about that game sounds like a parent of a C student wanting a curve to get their kids an A also.

Last edited:
I´ve got no issue with a rematch in NOLA. The other teams had their chances and blew them.

I don´t think it´s ideal, but I think it´s obvious LSU and Alabama re the best teams in the country and I therefore have no issue with a rematch.

You do realize that Bama's loss was to the team they are playing, right? I mean, right?

Yes I do. And I realize that lots of championship games in all sports are contested between teams that played each other before, and are won by teams that previously lost. Alabama would destroy OSU if they played. They are just better this year.

Let me ask you this. If Oregon had not **** the bed against USC, and had gone on to beat LSU in the rematch NC game, would they have proven themselves? (This is the scenario I was hoping for, by the way.)

Yes I do. And I realize that lots of championship games in all sports are contested between teams that played each other before, and are won by teams that previously lost. Alabama would destroy OSU if they played. They are just better this year.

Let me ask you this. If Oregon had not **** the bed against USC, and had gone on to beat LSU in the rematch NC game, would they have proven themselves? (This is the scenario I was hoping for, by the way.)
I still would have voted for someone else over Oregon. First game of the year or not, they had their chance, and lost. I would have put Oregon ahead of Bama though based on the fact that LSU beat Bama at Bama's barn.

All this argument does is provide more ammo for a NCAA playoff system. The only way that this would truly be settled is if the 6 AQ conference champions along with two wild cards based on highest BCS rank were able to play for the title.

All this argument does is provide more ammo for a NCAA playoff system. The only way that this would truly be settled is if the 6 AQ conference champions along with two wild cards based on highest BCS rank were able to play for the title.
Why do you think I'm arguing? :lol: There has to be some higher purpose in order to get me to agree with Rino.

Those were NFL defenses pal. Every starter on Bama's team is going to play in the NFL. We will have 2 taken in the 1st round this year maybe 3. Our goofdick QB is in his first year but I bet he get drafted and sticks in the NFL. Their QB just got out of jail and had not practiced much.

How could such a bad QB get drafted? If your defense is a so called NFL defense then how does sucking against it get him a spot in the NFL against real defenses lol?

How could such a bad QB get drafted? If your defense is a so called NFL defense then how does sucking against it get him a spot in the NFL against real defenses lol?

This is his first year to start. He just doesn't have the experience yet. He is going to start for three years. He is going to be drafted. He has thrown for almost as many yards this year as our QB last year who got drafted. He doesn't have NFL WRs or OL like Gmac did last year.

This is his first year to start. He just doesn't have the experience yet. He is going to start for three years. He is going to be drafted. He has thrown for almost as many yards this year as our QB last year who got drafted. He doesn't have NFL WRs or OL like Gmac did last year.

I see Kellen Moore and Case Keenum going 1-2

By my count, Alabama has more total wins, more wins against ranked teams. It has a win against the highest currently ranked team on this table (Arkansas #8). Also has a much much more acceptable loss. What other category do you guys want?

Those are rankings as of when the teams played.

OSU has beaten 4 BCS top 25 teams (as of today's rankings). KjSU, UT, Mizzou and Baylor. aTm was top 10 when they played but is now unranked. OU will be #5 if Okie Light beats them tomorrow.

Only Penn State and Arky are currently BCS top 25 teams.

I predict a career ending injury.

If Boise State or TCU can't get into the MNC because they "only play one or two real games" a year, then neither can Bama.

"Redos are gay" -Bear Bryant

bear-bryant.jpg

Maybe, but bringing up college stats when you´re talking about a player´s NFL prospects doesn´t convince me as college performance can be largely irrelevant.

How about this-he is going to be better than our last guy when he is a senior. Our last guy got drafted. I expect this guy to get drafted. I understand this post is subjective and I don't have a time machine to provide you with the NFL Draft results of 2014 but it is what I think at this moment.

I must agree with everyone here who doesn't want to see a rematch of boring bowl. LSU and Bama are 2 freaking great teams. But when they played each other it was one of the most boring games in recent history. In 4 quarters, 12 total points all field goals followed by one more to win it for LSU.

I also agree that until we have a playoff of some kind, the rule should be that you have to have won your own conference in order to play in the national championship game. Heck Bama can't even say they won their own division! What we really need is at least a +1 playoff. How hard would that be. We pit the Top 4 ranked teams (BCS or a better system if possible). #1 against #4; #2 against #3. Winner of each game plays for all the marbles. In that scenario I am OK with a team that doesn't win their conference still winning it all if they had to participate in this +1.

I realize this is not ideal either because it should be more of a real playoff with top 20 teams but that just is not going to happen soon or maybe ever.

I must agree with everyone here who doesn't want to see a rematch of boring bowl. LSU and Bama are 2 freaking great teams. But when they played each other it was one of the most boring games in recent history. In 4 quarters, 12 total points all field goals followed by one more to win it for LSU.

I also agree that until we have a playoff of some kind, the rule should be that you have to have won your own conference in order to play in the national championship game. Heck Bama can't even say they won their own division! What we really need is at least a +1 playoff. How hard would that be. We pit the Top 4 ranked teams (BCS or a better system if possible). #1 against #4; #2 against #3. Winner of each game plays for all the marbles. In that scenario I am OK with a team that doesn't win their conference still winning it all if they had to participate in this +1.

I realize this is not ideal either because it should be more of a real playoff with top 20 teams but that just is not going to happen soon or maybe ever.

Our division has 3 of the top 7 teams in the nation. Your 'fairness' doctrine is for ****ing kickball tournaments in kindergarten.

Bama hasn't proved it on the field, cause they LOST. What is this, some ****ing playground tetherball game where you can call a rematch?

Name me a team that's better.

This is totally different than the Nebraska situation, where it could be argued that there were 3-4 teams more deserving of a shot at the MNC. There isn't a single other team in the country, IMO, that's anywhere close to being as good as Alabama (other than LSU, of course).

The two situations are only similar in that Alabama won't be the conference champion. Totally different in every other way.

If they were the best team in their conference they would have won the game. I agree with Buffarino that you should be Conf Champ to play in the 1 2 game.

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding that the 2 best can actually be in the same conference? So what if they already played. If you don't want to see a rematch then don't watch.

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding that the 2 best can actually be in the same conference? So what if they already played. If you don't want to see a rematch then don't watch.
Can you not understand the futility of a game that won't determine the national champion, no matter the outcome?

I would put up a fight if there was another team actually deserving. Unfortunately their isn't.

NOt sure its fair to LSU but as long as we have this stupid BCS system it is what it is.

You don't think Okie Light would be deserving if they beat OU? Really?

My beef with OSU involves the structure of the B12. There is no conference championship game. This conference structure allows the B12 champion to advance without an extra game, making the path to the mNC that much easier.
Also, top to bottom, the B12 had a down year. Okie Lite is the most attractive horse at the B12 glue factory.

A nod to Okie Light also legitimizes the sugar daddy model of success. As a CU fan without a sugar daddy of our own, there is a natural bias against Sugar daddy programs like OSU and Oregon. Fans are allowed to have wierd biases, and this is mine.

Plus, I really do think Bama is a better team than the Pokes after the Iowa State incident.

Back