What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Bama going to back into the NC game under the Nebraska rule?

My beef with OSU involves the structure of the B12. There is no conference championship game. This conference structure allows the B12 champion to advance without an extra game, making the path to the mNC that much easier.
Also, top to bottom, the B12 had a down year. Okie Lite is the most attractive horse at the B12 glue factory.

A nod to Okie Light also legitimizes the sugar daddy model of success. As a CU fan without a sugar daddy of our own, there is a natural bias against Sugar daddy programs like OSU and Oregon. Fans are allowed to have wierd biases, and this is mine.

Plus, I really do think Bama is a better team than the Pokes after the Iowa State incident.

Yeah, but they also play everyone. Bama gets into the MNC without ever having to play Georgia. Bama is a great team but they have not proven it on the field. They beat an overrated Arkansas and Penn St and that is it. The SEC's middle and bottom this year are very weak, unlike the B12 beyond Kansas.

I would put up a fight if there was another team actually deserving. Unfortunately their isn't.

NOt sure its fair to LSU but as long as we have this stupid BCS system it is what it is.

Granted, that's part of the equation this year is that there's not another team as deserving as Bama to fill that 2nd spot in the NC game. OSU is the closest but losing to ISU doesn't compare to losing to LSU by a FG in OT. If OSU hadn't lost that game to ISU they would clearly be the team to face off against LSU.

The BCS system is doing what it's supposed to do, it's matching the 2 best teams according to an equal combination of 3 different polls. There's many times in the past we would've killed for this system. A classic example is 1988 when ND should've played Miami instead of ducking them and they went on to win an undeserving title. BYU in 1984 is another good example.

The funny thing is about a month ago people were thinking there would be 5+ undefeated teams :lol:

other than the fact that they could not beat LSU, at home.

If we're going to run around and make excuses for why Oklahoma State couldn't beat Iowa State, I think it's not too much to point out that Alabama missed three FG attempts in their game against LSU. Make either of the first two, and the game is theirs. If you watched the game (most college football fans did), I think you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that LSU played the better game.

If we're going to run around and make excuses for why Oklahoma State couldn't beat Iowa State, I think it's not too much to point out that Alabama missed three FG attempts in their game against LSU. Make either of the first two, and the game is theirs. If you watched the game (most college football fans did), I think you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that LSU played the better game.

that was my first post in the thread. i made nothing about nothing.

so did utah (miss 3 fgs). are they better? did they prove they were the better team on the field that day vs CU?

look, if the games are not going to matter, then why play them?

I am not a fan of either team, but that was one of the most entertaining games I have seen. I love watching good defenses have their way.

Same here, and sometimes I could give two ****s about defense. What made the game enteratining to me was watching it with a family divided between UA and LSU fans. THAT was entertainment right there - oh yeah, and the game day eats ROCKED too.

umm correct me if I'm wrong, but FG's are part of the game. Thats like saying, well if this QB would have made 2 more TD passes, they would have won the game. Just excuses.

**** it, I say LSU vs. Houston

Chuck, how would you feel if the made it a best of 3 situation where Bama had to win twice in order to be named national champion? To me thats the only thing that could make a re-match fair.

Chuck, how would you feel if the made it a best of 3 situation where Bama had to win twice in order to be named national champion? To me thats the only thing that could make a re-match fair.

Don't expect a response. He ignored the 'would you support the rematch if Bama won the first time?' question as well.

that was my first post in the thread. i made nothing about nothing.

so did utah (miss 3 fgs). are they better? did they prove they were the better team on the field that day vs CU?

look, if the games are not going to matter, then why play them?

Games do matter. Alabama has lost one game - to LSU. Everybody else has lost games to much lesser opponents. Alabama has absolutely abused everybody else they've played. No matter who anybody puts up there, there's no team that's as good as Alabama, 'cept for LSU. Those two teams are clearly the best two teams in the country. Nobody else is even close. It's obvious to anybody who is honest with himself.

umm correct me if I'm wrong, but FG's are part of the game. Thats like saying, well if this QB would have made 2 more TD passes, they would have won the game. Just excuses.

Christ. I'm not actually making the excuse. I'm pointing out that there are excuses to be made at every school that has one loss.

And get real about Houston. That's a joke.

Was that rule in place before the season? Like the you must win your conference before you play in the BSCCG?

I am for the rules as they exist.

Was that rule in place before the season? Like the you must win your conference before you play in the BSCCG?

I am for the rules as they exist.

Wtf is the BSCCG? You are wasting valuable time here which could be spent cleaning your tooth.

I like how you completely avoided the question, and instead tried to change the subject. If Bama wins, they aren't national champions. Thats all. So why should they play?

Bama hasn't proved it on the field, cause they LOST. [your quote] I asked which undefeated team that has proved it on the field do you want to play LSU?

That is pretty simple pal.

Please for the love of God, no. I get the part about being reluctant to reward teams for not having had a tough path, i.e. Alabama only beating two ranked (currently) opponents, Okie Lite for no CG, but then why reward Houston for beating only a single AQ team? For all we know Houston could be this year's version of '08 Ball State.

You need to pay attention.

I would have wanted Stanford until they got beat. Then OSU until they got beat. Then OU until they got beat. Why? because we would have mudholed any of them and LSU is the only team that has a chance to beat us. I did not campaign for a rematch until they all choked.

OK..... I am not a big fan of not winning your division or conference and playing for the NC. But this is not the Nebraska situation at all. I know many people hate the BCS but it's stated goal is simply to pit the best team in the country against #2 team in the country. Is there anyone who is not a f--king moron who thinks LSU and Bama are not #1 and 2 in the country, hands down? I mean IMO the #3 team is not even in the same ballpark as Bama and LSU. So yes it sucks they don't win their conference and play for the NC. And yes ideally id like to see another team cause Bama already had their shot. But bottom line is Bama and LSU DESERVE to be there because they are the best teams in the country without question. So as much as we all love some of the quirks of the BCS if it pits LSU vs Bama it has done its job on this one.

OK..... I am not a big fan of not winning your division or conference and playing for the NC. But this is not the Nebraska situation at all. I know many people hate the BCS but it's stated goal is simply to pit the best team in the country against #2 team in the country. Is there anyone who is not a f--king moron who thinks LSU and Bama are not #1 and 2 in the country, hands down? I mean IMO the #3 team is not even in the same ballpark as Bama and LSU. So yes it sucks they don't win their conference and play for the NC. And yes ideally id like to see another team cause Bama already had their shot. But bottom line is Bama and LSU DESERVE to be there because they are the best teams in the country without question. So as much as we all love some of the quirks of the BCS if it pits LSU vs Bama it has done its job on this one.
Assuming OSU wins today, are you making the argument that there is no way, by any measure to consider OSU as the #2?

Back