What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Boulder the be all end all? Broken off from Bartlett and Brown

So, Walters was his main recruiter. I've kind of figured him to be the kind of guy who can really recruit. Maybe Mac needs to improve on his "closing" skills.

Maybe he actually like Lubbock.

Lol jk probably got that kingsburry dough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lubbock sucks!! Been there a few times...does tony realize football season is short compared to the amount of time spent in freakn lubbock?

All I know is this one hurts. I hope we continue to recruit him, maybe he'll flip, never know. He probably will but to UCLA.

All I know is this one hurts. I hope we continue to recruit him, maybe he'll flip, never know. He probably will but to UCLA.

+1. Stay on this kid. There's no way he can feel 100% about his decision to move to Lubbock for the next 4-5 years.

Hey, Tony. That feeling you have this morning? It's called "buyer's remorse." :wink2:

The more time passes, the more this one hurts. It gnaws at the inner being of my soul. I think there are probably one or two of these a year that sear your heart. This one is this year's.

Ugh...so now Boulder is too similar to Cheyenne to land Bartlett? The future is bright with HCMM.

Ugh...so now Boulder is too similar to Cheyenne to land Bartlett? The future is bright with HCMM.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. You do realize Seattle is a major metropolis right? Boulder's population is 2x that of Cheyenne whereas Seattle's is 12x as big.

Boulder is obviously a lot more fun and interesting than Cheyenne but the two cities compare much more closely than Cheyenne does with Seattle.

This shouldn't have to be pointed out really.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. You do realize Seattle is a major metropolis right? Boulder's population is 2x that of Cheyenne whereas Seattle's is 12x as big.

Boulder is obviously a lot more fun and interesting than Cheyenne but the two cities compare much more closely than Cheyenne does with Seattle.

This shouldn't have to be pointed out really.

The fact is, we lost another priority recruit. I just enjoy the new "reasons" that surface every time we miss on a recruit. Kudos to Washington for winning the battle.

The fact is, we lost another priority recruit. I just enjoy the new "reasons" that surface every time we miss on a recruit. Kudos to Washington for winning the battle.

Everything in life happens for a "reason". If the kid says he wanted a change of scenery and decided that Seattle was what he was looking for, then we have no reason to believe that isn't the truth. He didn't say the Washington coaching staff did a better job than Colorado, Oregon, Wyoming or anyone else recruiting him. He simply stated that Seattle was the change of pace he was looking for.

This isn't some bull**** that somebody on this board made up. It is a direct quote from the kid. That's all we know, so that's what's been shared on the board.

You're attempting to **** on people for reporting what the kid said, by pretending that it's an opinion of theirs. Get off your high horse and ****ing relax.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm tired of people putting words in other people's mouths. I'm tired of people being dickish to people who don't deserve it. I'd probably have let this go if it weren't for having been the target of one of these types of posts earlier.

Yes I do realize this is the nature of allbuffs, and yes I do realize you didn't specifically call anyone out in your post mattrob. So I won't say anything more.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm tired of people putting words in other people's mouths. I'm tired of people being dickish to people who don't deserve it. I'd probably have let this go if it weren't for having been the target of one of these types of posts earlier.

Yes I do realize this is the nature of allbuffs, and yes I do realize you didn't specifically call anyone out in your post mattrob. So I won't say anything more.

The only one putting words in other people's mouths is you. I don't care about population, the culture of Cheyenne and Boulder are light years apart. You're fooling yourself if you won't admit that. At some point, we as a fan base need to admit that we're just flat out losing these battles, rather than finding reasons that we were at a disadvantage throughout the process. Kudos to Washington. Our staff needs to step up. And you can stop pretending to know what I'm thinking because you're still raw over something that someone else said to you previously.

The only one putting words in other people's mouths is you. I don't care about population, the culture of Cheyenne and Boulder are light years apart. You're fooling yourself if you won't admit that. At some point, we as a fan base need to admit that we're just flat out losing these battles, rather than finding reasons that we were at a disadvantage throughout the process. Kudos to Washington. Our staff needs to step up. And you can stop pretending to know what I'm thinking because you're still raw over something that someone else said to you previously.

Did you read my post? If you did then you completely missed my point. The point is that the opportunity to live in a place like Seattle was something that Tevis said. It's not something that a poster is saying to make themselves feel better about losing him.

Also, I'm well aware of the difference in cultures between Cheyenne and Boulder. I never said they weren't different, in fact I acknowledged in my first post that they are different. But that really has nothing to do with this.

Everything in life happens for a "reason". If the kid says he wanted a change of scenery and decided that Seattle was what he was looking for, then we have no reason to believe that isn't the truth. He didn't say the Washington coaching staff did a better job than Colorado, Oregon, Wyoming or anyone else recruiting him. He simply stated that Seattle was the change of pace he was looking for.

This isn't some bull**** that somebody on this board made up. It is a direct quote from the kid. That's all we know, so that's what's been shared on the board.

You're attempting to **** on people for reporting what the kid said, by pretending that it's an opinion of theirs. Get off your high horse and ****ing relax.

Says the bitch on the high horse.

Did you read my post? If you did then you completely missed my point. The point is that the opportunity to live in a place like Seattle was something that Tevis said. It's not something that a poster is saying to make themselves feel better about losing him.

Also, I'm well aware of the difference in cultures between Cheyenne and Boulder. I never said they weren't different, in fact I acknowledged in my first post that they are different. But that really has nothing to do with this.

Yeah, I read it. And I never said it was made up. But the truth is, outside of Laramie, virtually any college town is going to be far different from Cheyenne. I think that was a factor, but we need to recruit better and overcome those things.

I would have have liked this guy to come to CU but just going to be blunt here. Are we really getting upset and arguing about a kid from wyoming? Time to move on from this thread. I'm sure he is a great kid but he will likely never see much playing times at UW. He had a chance to come here and hit the field early. I doubt he will play a down against us in the future.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't see the point in wasting any more time on a kid from wyoming. It's like the kid from the country who gets a taste of big city life. Yawn.

Yeah, I read it. And I never said it was made up. But the truth is, outside of Laramie, virtually any college town is going to be far different from Cheyenne. I think that was a factor, but we need to recruit better and overcome those things.

No no disrespect to Wyobuff or anyone for wyoming. Just saying, it's one player from Wyoming. We lost 10 games this year. We need to be having conversations about TX recruits and CA recruits. If we steal a gem from a Wyoming, great! I'm sure we've had great Buffs from Wyoming. But we are in desperate need of establishing a recruting pipeline that works year after year. I think I'm just disappointed we didn't get him too. But big picture here.

WyoBuff may like a word with y'all.

They may have won the battle, but we will win the war!

How many of you could articulate why you chose one thing over another at 17? I know that I couldn't and, if I had tried, most of the reasons would have sounded pretty lame. It doesn't make a lot of sense trying to parse one of these interview. Kind of like trying to understand one of FLounder's posts.

Best of luck to Tevis.

Back