What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Boulder the be all end all? Broken off from Bartlett and Brown

I spent enough time in sales and marketing to know that most people make an emotional decision then look for logical justification to back it up.

This is a kid who felt right in Seattle, they got the emotional reaction they needed, then he figured out reasons to justify it.

Yes he is from Wyoming, not Texas. That means he is a regional player where we should be the closest major program and have a significant advantage. If he was from Texas he is good enough that we would still want him. We just wouldn't get upset about losing him because we would be far down the line. Our region doesn't have a lot of top flight players but if we are going to win we need to get the majority of them and we aren't.

I think the big issue here isn't losing a kid to Washington which has happened before (Cyler Miles among others) or the excuse/reason why we didn't get him. The issue that makes anger justified is that it seems like virtually every kid that matters we are explaining away why they went elsewhere.

No school gets every kid they want. Even Bama and LSU and USC and etc. etc. lose some kids that they placed a high priority on. The problem comes when it goes from some to virtually all. It would be way easier to deal with losing a Bartlett if we had closed the deal on some kids that Washington or other at least mid-level PAC schools wanted.

These kids make big decisions based on whatever info they have. They know the stakes. CU isn't always the best choice. Get over it.

I would have have liked this guy to come to CU but just going to be blunt here. Are we really getting upset and arguing about a kid from wyoming? Time to move on from this thread. I'm sure he is a great kid but he will likely never see much playing times at UW. He had a chance to come here and hit the field early. I doubt he will play a down against us in the future.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't see the point in wasting any more time on a kid from wyoming. It's like the kid from the country who gets a taste of big city life. Yawn.

Are you arguing that we should only look for athletes in high population states? Kid is a good linebacker and Wyoming state wrestling champion. I have a feeling we will see a lot of this kid and not in a good way for us.

You've got a lot of great points. I would just say that we lost him to UW. Time to move on. We need to start winning. There aren't other excuses. Win. Then we will win the battles for recruits.

Like someone said earlier though, he's 17-18 years old. These kids don't always make the best choices. They are young.

If he isn't committed to being part of our turnaround, then good luck at UW. Time will tell if he makes it off the bench there. More opportunity here to have written a story of being a 4 year starter. Risky move IMO to go to UW.

I spent enough time in sales and marketing to know that most people make an emotional decision then look for logical justification to back it up.

This is a kid who felt right in Seattle, they got the emotional reaction they needed, then he figured out reasons to justify it.

Yes he is from Wyoming, not Texas. That means he is a regional player where we should be the closest major program and have a significant advantage. If he was from Texas he is good enough that we would still want him. We just wouldn't get upset about losing him because we would be far down the line. Our region doesn't have a lot of top flight players but if we are going to win we need to get the majority of them and we aren't.

I think the big issue here isn't losing a kid to Washington which has happened before (Cyler Miles among others) or the excuse/reason why we didn't get him. The issue that makes anger justified is that it seems like virtually every kid that matters we are explaining away why they went elsewhere.

No school gets every kid they want. Even Bama and LSU and USC and etc. etc. lose some kids that they placed a high priority on. The problem comes when it goes from some to virtually all. It would be way easier to deal with losing a Bartlett if we had closed the deal on some kids that Washington or other at least mid-level PAC schools wanted.

We don't need a wrestling champion. I don't care if he was a male cheerleader. We need players that want to be here. As for Texas vs Wyoming.... I grew up in a small town. A player that looks great against local competition may not be so great when they play higher level competition. So I'm not too upset we lost him. Sure, I thought he would be great here. But why are we still talking about this kid???

Are you arguing that we should only look for athletes in high population states? Kid is a good linebacker and Wyoming state wrestling champion. I have a feeling we will see a lot of this kid and not in a good way for us.

Do we have to start locking down threads when they commit someplace else? By we, of course, I mean the community. This is getting bad.

I agree, being at this age I understand the college process more indepthly than most of you(sans fight, tini and slider).

The kid chose elsewhere. Good luck to him. He'll have fun in Seattle.

Just not as much as he would have in boulder. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have to start locking down threads when they commit someplace else? By we, of course, I mean the community. This is getting bad.
The JC transfers have signed, the high school kids have a month and a half to go. Whatever new coaching staff we get may choose to go after some near misses.

The sour grapes and lamentation that follows losing a commit annoy me most of the time too, but then I remember that I don't have to read that crap.

The JC transfers have signed, the high school kids have a month and a half to go. Whatever new coaching staff we get may choose to go after some near misses.

The sour grapes and lamentation that follows losing a commit annoy me most of the time too, but then I remember that I don't have to read that crap.

It it's Allbuffs....
You have to to read every thread everyday.

I still can't wrap my head around this one. It makes no sense at all. I can't think of a single advantage Tech has over CU. Not one. Maybe there's a chance for more early playing time at Tech that I don't know about.

I still can't wrap my head around this one. It makes no sense at all. I can't think of a single advantage Tech has over CU. Not one. Maybe there's a chance for more early playing time at Tech that I don't know about.
Does it gnaw at the inner being of your soul?

Does it gnaw at the inner being of your soul?

I don't allow the decisions of 18-year olds gnaw at the inner being of my soul. There are way more important things out there that deserve that kind of emotional investment.

I don't allow the decisions of 18-year olds gnaw at the inner being of my soul. There are way more important things out there that deserve that kind of emotional investment.
How old is your youngun? :lol:

$

Back