What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Boulder the be all end all? Broken off from Bartlett and Brown

Bike racks.

Nah. Bike racks, Counting Crows, Dillard's and Derek Morris are objects of derision and focused hatred, but contrary to what some around here might think, I don't obsess over them. Although if you look at these individual items as a symbol for things I do care a great deal about, then there may be something more to it.

Every school loses a few of these that are hard to understand. Sacky is right about trying to figure out the mind of an 18 year old, I work with them for a living and am often baffled by their decision making processes. It could have been something as simple as a certain girl smiling at him in the right way that made him decide that he wanted to spend four years in that less than ideal place.

My concern comes not with losing some of these battles, every school does, but with losing virtually all of them. We need to start getting our share.

Nah. Bike racks, Counting Crows, Dillard's and Derek Morris are objects of derision and focused hatred, but contrary to what some around here might think, I don't obsess over them. Although if you look at these individual items as a symbol for things I do care a great deal about, then there may be something more to it.
You forgot Vanilla Ice, didn't ya?

Apparently to T. Bartlett "comfort zone" meant "time zone" and there's nothing unusual about that. Some folks really do want to Go Away to college. As for the WR goint to Texas Tech from Orange County, CA, that's atypical but not unheard of. At least there won't be a lot of distractions.

Guys, 2-10 just isn't going to have players lining up at the door. Check the other offers from the recent CU commits. Be very happy we got Lynott and Middlemiss.

Apparently to T. Bartlett "comfort zone" meant "time zone" and there's nothing unusual about that. Some folks really do want to Go Away to college. As for the WR goint to Texas Tech from Orange County, CA, that's atypical but not unheard of. At least there won't be a lot of distractions.

Guys, 2-10 just isn't going to have players lining up at the door. Check the other offers from the recent CU commits. Be very happy we got Lynott and Middlemiss.

Getting those two were must gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not be the place but the I think that these two signings show a trend that many have not looked into. I am a lifelong Boulderite (kale eating, cyclist, and all that type of stuff) and can affirmatively say that the culture has changed greatly within the city itself between now and the time we were a respected program. The culture of Boulder is off putting to many and is a reason why some recruits do not commit. As much as Boulder is a wonderful place with incredible access to the outdoors it is a foreign place to many. It is one of the most "white" places in the county culturally. It is a former hippie town turning into something that will resemble Palo Alto. A kid from the intercity or some one street town in Texas is not going to find much that is familiar to them. The campus is spectacular and so are the views but the atmosphere of Boulder can be too much.

This may not be the place but the I think that these two signings show a trend that many have not looked into. I am a lifelong Boulderite (kale eating, cyclist, and all that type of stuff) and can affirmatively say that the culture has changed greatly within the city itself between now and the time we were a respected program. The culture of Boulder is off putting to many and is a reason why some recruits do not commit. As much as Boulder is a wonderful place with incredible access to the outdoors it is a foreign place to many. It is one of the most "white" places in the county culturally. It is a former hippie town turning into something that will resemble Palo Alto. A kid from the intercity or some one street town in Texas is not going to find much that is familiar to them. The campus is spectacular and so are the views but the atmosphere of Boulder can be too much.

love the place on game day and the school is great! ...but after the game and tailgate is over i cant wait to get out of town and back to reality!

The best way to grow as a person is to step out of your comfort zone. If a coach is recruiting an inner city kid and the kid is not comfortable, that is what I'd sell.

How many kids today are we even recruiting from the hood? My guess is not many.

It's rather presumptuous to assume a lot of the kids are.

How many kids today are we even recruiting from the hood? My guess is not many.

It's rather presumptuous to assume a lot of the kids are.

A lot are from rougher areas but a lot also go to other schools to play football in high school

Back