1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Charlie Weiss on the hot seat?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I realize it may be a little early to be making such statements. But remember how Ty Willingham was the sure-fire hero/savior who was going to return the lustre to the golden dome? Yeah, that didn't work out, either. Well now we have some folks saying notre dumb might very well lose their first 6 games. I thought coaches were supposed to get BETTER in their second year... :smile2:

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

This is actually his 3rd year but I see your point. I wouldn't think he's on the hot seat because he's taken them to a BCS game each of his first 2 years and they have quite a stockpile of young talent and it looks like this year's recruiting class is shaping up real well too, much as I hate to admit it. Sure they didn't deserve to be in those BCS bowls and got whipped in both of them, but they still got their 15 mil or however much it is. I think the big issue with Willingham was that he was too business-like and didn't play on the ND rah rah bull****. Basically he wasn't emotional enough, but that's just the kind of coach he is.

Weiss is a big pompous-ass.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Didn't he just get a huge contract extension??

4. CarolinaBuff

That might've even been in his first year now that you mention it.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Like Notre Dame can't afford to eat a huge, multi year contract. But that ain't going to happen anyway.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

His contract was like for 10 years or something..

Ty never took ND to a BCS bowl... Charlie has done it twice.. Big difference..

He's not on the hot seat... Besides, Notre Dame wasn't even ranked this year..

7. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

He is in the second year of a 10 yr $40 mil agreement. I think that's a little rich even for their pockets.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We can only hope his teams suck and they have to eat that $40 mil. :thumbsup: Maybe NBC wouild pitch in to buy him out?

9. CarolinaBuff

I thought Ty took them to a BCS bowl, the Fiesta one where Oregon State drilled them.

10. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Nope, that was Bob Davie's team..

11. CarolinaBuff

Yea you're right, I just looked it up and that was the 2000 season that they went to the Fiesta Bowl and lost to Oregon State. Ty was there 3 years if I remember correctly, so since this is Weiss' 3rd year, that means Ty was there in 2002, 2003, and 2004. Ty took them to 2 bowls, the Gator and the Insight.