What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is Cody the Starter next week?

I thought Cody was pretty awesome tonight. He was the spark the team needed. Don't forget, the team won 2 road games in 2007 when he was the starting quarterback.

That is just ****ty, smarmy BS.

How many times did Tyler throw short on third and long? Don't get me wrong, I think Cody is a terrible FCS quarterback, but at least he went down field. To answer the question, I don't think it matters who starts next week.

It wasn't mine and you are a dick. How's that, Buffdick?

Fine. I'm a dick.

But you're delusional on Cody. He sucks. I don't fault the effort, but he's 5 foot nothing with no speed or agility and a water pistol for an arm. Worse, his dad is the head coach and has blinders on when it comes to his son. If all that isn't sickening enough, I have to come on this message board acting like you're also his dad, can't see the truth, and take it personally whenever anyone calls out this abortion of a situation.

Whoever plays qb our receivers gotta remember you catch the ball with your ****ing hands not your helmet. I saw two passes at least bounce off a dudes dome and one was in the endzone. Put the cell down fellas, yall should be ****ing embarrassed.

Any of you pussies get laid tonight for playing like a bunch of little bitches, you know you found yourself a real winner. Step the **** up fellas, **** Hawk. Oh btw, was his wife there after our loss, i didnt see the postgame?

God this chapter in CU history cannot end fast enough. I do not blame either kid. They are both trying to do what they are being taught and told to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Nov 27th cannot get here fast enough.

How many times did Tyler throw short on third and long? Don't get me wrong, I think Cody is a terrible FCS quarterback, but at least he went down field. To answer the question, I don't think it matters who starts next week.

Hansen averaged 5.6 yards per attempt. Cody 5.3. Cody 8.3 yards per completion, Tyler 7.8. For whatever reason there was pretty much no downfield passing game no matter which one of them was in.

DBT, I'm sick of seeing you bash Hansen. Look, we all know you want Hawkins to start, you just don't have the balls to come out and say it.

You hate Hansen. WE GET IT. Your boy Dan Hawkins has ruined this program.

Neither Cody nor Tyler is much of a quarterback.

A lot of people jump on Cody, but it's mostly because of how they feel about his father. No, CH isn't very good. But, neither is TH.

Sure, it makes sense to start Tyler and that's what Hawk is going to do the rest of the season. But, when your team hasn't put up a point, it's not completely moronic to sit Tyler and see if Cody (the guy who beat OU and WVA) can get the team moving.

Coach Hawk gets quoted in the paper saying "Tyler's our starter" so I have faith. We'll see plenty of Cody from here on out. He's got all that great conference experience. And the Conference has a lot of great experience against Cody, too. We've got a guaranteed win coming to town next week, so our high altitude and great coaching staff gives Baylor a chance to keep nailing their cellar door shut. They got worn out in Dallas' altitudes yesterday in only a half. With Tyler and Cody, we should wear them out in a quarter.

Nothing against Cody but IMO we have already established that he isn't good enough to be QB for our team -- it has as much to do with our questionable blocking and incoherent scheme as it does with his individual talents, but he just isn't the man. Tyler is no Heisman candidate but his ability to improvise is the only reason we beat UGA. For this team to be successful we really need a big time pro-style QB -- if Hirschman can't be that guy, I hope Berglund can.

Lack of bringing in a stud at QB is the biggest failure of the Hawkins' regime, as far as I am concerned. I won't bother to speculate as to the reasons why that is the case, because I am not privy to any special info, but it stands out like a sore red thumb... WR talent is definitely no longer the problem, though.

I do think Coach Hawk will bring in tons of great Southern California QBs and top-rated California running backs, too. He's already brought in top RBs and everyone in Calif appreciated what he did in that case. No wonder the Pac-10 loves CU Football.

Jesus christ now Tyler is to blame? He moved us down the field just fine. The play calls were all pansy little 3 yard curls. Kiseau called a ****ty game and we bench Tyler for having a Cody like performance with 0 ints? All I saw yesterday was Kiseau needs to go with Hawkins.

Nothing against Cody but IMO we have already established that he isn't good enough to be QB for our team -- it has as much to do with our questionable blocking and incoherent scheme as it does with his individual talents, but he just isn't the man. Tyler is no Heisman candidate but his ability to improvise is the only reason we beat UGA. For this team to be successful we really need a big time pro-style QB -- if Hirschman can't be that guy, I hope Berglund can.

Lack of bringing in a stud at QB is the biggest failure of the Hawkins' regime, as far as I am concerned. I won't bother to speculate as to the reasons why that is the case, because I am not privy to any special info, but it stands out like a sore red thumb... WR talent is definitely no longer the problem, though.

fuuuck all the Hawkins' leave and never come back you asssholes

I don't hate TH. Not at all. But I also do not think he is very good. He has panicked in the last two road games. He is not cool under pressure.

I'm gonna be a dick here and call you out. Can you point me to the times when Cody consistently makes good decision or is "cool under pressure"? You have different standards for the QBs and you just don't want to admit it.

I say you start Cody asap. The offense had some zip to it while he was in there. Sure, Tyler can scramble and makes plays, but that is usually because he holds on the ball too long.

Under Cody, the passes got off quickly. The pick was not all his fault either. We looked like a spread team under Cody, which is refreshing.

Yeah good call, the offense looked better playing against 3rd stringers running the soft prevent? ****ing amazing. Put Cody in, is it too late for Tyler to redshirt? Better yet drop him to 3rd string and put Hirschman in if need be.

I say you start Cody asap. The offense had some zip to it while he was in there. Sure, Tyler can scramble and makes plays, but that is usually because he holds on the ball too long.

Under Cody, the passes got off quickly. The pick was not all his fault either. We looked like a spread team under Cody, which is refreshing.

You do realize a second-string QB can look decent coming in late when the other team did not gameplan for that QB... right? I have to think you're joking because of that last sentence. We have seen Cody in a spread offense and it is a disaster.

You give coaches a full week to prepare for Cody and you will see the same **** we saw most of the past three seasons when he was the full-time starter.

UrbanaBuff, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You do realize a second-string QB can look decent coming in late when the other team did not gameplan for that QB... right? I have to think you're joking because of that last sentence. We have seen Cody in a spread offense and it is a disaster.

You give coaches a full week to prepare for Cody and you will see the same **** we saw most of the past three seasons when he was the full-time starter.

Not to mention they were playing soft zone with the 2nd and 3rd string guys.

hard to know about this. at the spring game, they basically ran two offenses: one, with Cody looked like a traditional spread....with Tyler, more diversified play-calling. Cody came out hot, moved the ball, but after adjustments were made they seemed much less effective in this set up. I don't know the answer, as good as we/Tyler looked last week...we saw the return of the anemic no identity O last night. i'm perplexed outside the usual admission we just aren't very good a lot of the time.

Cody shouldnt start, d's will tee off with him back there for 2 reasons. One, he cant move. Two, we never stretch the field.

Back