1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CU getting any recruiting pop now that coaching has been finalized?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I do not subscribe to any of the Recruiting sites and I only follow it casually until signing day, but I was wondering if CU is getting higher on anyone's radar now that some of the uncertainty is gone.

2. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'd give it another week or two...the staff needs to be finalized.

3. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

it's only been 24 hours...give them a little time!

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:rofl: JE probably just finished the recruiting test this AM and is on his way to in homes as we speak... Let's give the guy a day.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Holy ****, the guy only flew straight here from coaching a Redskins game 36 hours ago.

6. BlackNGold

Unfortunately they do not have any time. Between now and January 30th half the time is dead or quiet. This week is kind of the end of things until after the first of the year. We start going into dead and quiet periods.

7. BlackNGold

The question was not are they recruiting - the question was is CU getting anything positive with recruits after this announcement which has been known for a week.

8. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

Some interesting comments already & consider Bieniemy did not address to the team yet. This sounds very promising.

“I’ve always loved Brett Favre and the way he plays. Anything coach Bieniemy can share with me to reflect that I’m going to take it in.” Tyler Hansen

And -- http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16793582
    "Running back Kenneth Farrow, from L.D. Bell High School in Hurst, Texas, said he liked the hire, especially with the announcement Bieniemy was coming aboard as offensive coordinator."

9. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

That's how I read your OP too. I would think that we definitely hit the radar for some guys. Anytime a new staff is hired, it seems to renew interest in that program. And lucky for us, the recruits will ignore our past failures to some extent, knowing that there is a new sheriff in town.

10. Darth Snow

Sure, yes, why not. 1 is more than 0.

11. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

We have Embree, Bieniemy, Hagan, and Carbal who can recruit for us at this moment.

12. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I'm not sure what it's worth but Cabral said that Keisau and Ambrose are actively recruiting a week ago. The DC said today that Ambrose is still out trying to keep the 2011 class intact.

13. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

I like your question :) I'm thinking we have taken a good 'qualitative' bump, but not a 'quantitative bump. It was a good move for recruiting but we might not see anything out of it for a bit other than people confirming they are on board.

14. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Sounds like making Bienemy the OC was the best choice possible. He coached the best RB in the NFL and as a kid who just got out of high school, you have to like that.

15. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

That's funny, I heard that 36 recruits from Rivals top 150 are planning a "Skills Showdown" in Denver to determine who is worthy to fill the final dozen spots in this years Buff's recruiting class. More details to be released at an upcoming press conference scheduled the hour after the Bronco's announce their new permanent head coach :jester:

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Curious, did Rick Neuhiesel take this test?

1. During a no contact period, you may stand in front of a recruits house, call him on a cell phone, and tell him to look out the window.

True or False?

:lol:

17. DBT

Is Bieniemy allowed to contact recruits while still employeed by the Vikings? ****ing Vikings! Cut him loose! You aren't going to the playoffs!

Oops, just saw the other thread. Cool! But I still don't know why the hell they just don't cut him loose.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  18. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

The way I've read between the lines regarding EB staying with the Vikes is that he CHOSE to stay out of a sense of commitment to finish the job he had started. He had mentioned that he felt he needed to stay around to help Frazier finish out the season. Gotta like that - and as much as I'd like for him to be in Boulder full-time - I really admire him for honoring his contract. And even if it wasn't his choice, he's not pouting about it all.

Besides now that he's cleared to recruit even while still the Vikes, can you imagine this call with some recruit...after having discussed building the nexyt powerhouse program at Colorado and the young man being a part of it he says,

"Well, (insert 5-star recruit name here,) I really hate to cut this short, but Brett just came to the door and said practice is getting ready to start, so it's been great talking to you but I have to go out and show Adrian Peterson how he's going to dissect the Bears' D-Line this Sunday! I'll call you after the game!"

Yeah, I have no problem with EB staying on with the Vikes. Embo was the main one to get to Boulder ASAP, and Shanny hooked us up there.

19. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

One of my workers grew up with EB and is still friends. He said that EB is HUGELY respected in SoCal and that we are going to make a killing in this year's recruiting class. A lot of kids want to play for a coach with EB's fire.

This is turning into the perfect storm (in a good way) of recruiting for us. Between CU being the "new" school in the PAC 12 south, and our staff of fantastic recruiters who all have tons of ties to California (and SoCal), and the ability to offer early playing time to many recruits, we have a situation that could result in us landing a whopper class!

BinaryBuff likes this.
  20. DBT

Well, that is awesome! Thanks for that. I'm not mad at the Vikings anymore. :lol:

21. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

yes, we got the top 15 5 stars to de-commit from Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, TCU :), Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Stanford and commit to Colorado.

we can relax now.

22. DBT

:woot: :huh:

23. Darth Snow

but what about 2011 class?

24. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

PREFACE: Not that I'm knocking EB for this.

At this moment, EB is making a Coordinator's salary in the NFL, albeit temporary. Another month's worth of that level is ~ $75K before taxes. Let's say he's making $500K a year at CU; so about a $33K differential for a December paycheck. Kind of a big deal when you're moving your family back to the pricey neighborhoods of Boulder County. Plus he gets another month of that title on his resume. Like I said- not that I blame him. I'm sure the loyalty to the Vikes plays a big role as well...

25. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Wasn't digging on you DBT. There had been a lot of posts prior to yours that seemed to say the Vikings were forcing him to stay. You just happened to be the closest quote to use in a reply. Main point was to bring up the commitment/loyalty point.

...and...didn't see it as a knock at all, in fact, it's a VERY pertinent point and probably very close to the truth. I know I'm looking at a move in 3 months and trying to find where the $$$ for costs above what the Navy pays will come from.

Grammar police: Yes, Wally, I know I ended with a preposition, but I don't have the desire to take the time to figure out how to re-write that without a hanging preposition.

26. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

This isn't a recruiting pop. But so far there is a 'retention' pop.

Miller and PRich aren't leaving.

Attrition is common with coaching changes. It's nice that we haven't seen a huge backlash from the players through all this change.

27. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Let's be honest. Attrition often happens because they kids are worried about things getting worse at the school. coaches trying to get rid of them to bring in thier own kids. Things can't get worse--and these people running the program either recruited them (Cabral and Hagan, maybe Ambrose and Keisau) or were recrutied to CU themselves. They will honor the kids and build with what we have I think. Unless the kids get real stupid and try to fight them. I think the kids are so starved for leadership and attitude that they will come running to the staff for guidance. They are sick of losing. They want to win.