What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is hansen "the guy" from now on?

What does it say about how Hawkins has handled the media that no one will believe Hansen is the guy until it happens.

I think that's fair. Dan has not done a good job with this at all. Maybe CU should hire a media guy like Urban Meyer does at UF.

I think it would be a good idea. It's one thing to spread misinformation to confuse your opponent, but this staff, at this point, just looks like it doesn't know what it's talking about.

I still think a change needs to be made at the top. But if this staff knew how to handle the media, even in the slightest, i bet the heat on Hawkins would be cut in half.

Done threadjacking now.

i think they lost the team in the second half tonite ..i hope im wrong though

Had CU pulled the upset in Austin, I'd have been a huge Hawkins fan and would have forgiven him for that 0-2 start.

The UT game was important because it proved the coaches have not lost the locker room. CU was in that game for the 35 minutes.

He better be after burning his RS. If not I will be very unhappy with the decision. Don't make the same mistake as last year.

i think it is obvious they are going to give hansen a pretty long rope as opposed to last year. they basically didn't let him run the offense last year and then they yanked him at the earliest sign of trouble. with a year in the system, he'll be asked to run the whole offense and i can't imagine they won't let him try to grow into the job. if he commits 4 turnovers or something in his first 4 drives, well, they may reconsider, but absent total disaster, i think he's the guy.

i think it is obvious they are going to give hansen a pretty long rope as opposed to last year. they basically didn't let him run the offense last year and then they yanked him at the earliest sign of trouble. with a year in the system, he'll be asked to run the whole offense and i can't imagine they won't let him try to grow into the job. if he commits 4 turnovers or something in his first 4 drives, well, they may reconsider, but absent total disaster, i think he's the guy.

I sure hope the O-line help him out next game. Seems like they imploded on themselves when Hansen came into the game.

Is Hansen "the guy" from now on?

We'll see.

I would believe his is. You wouldn't burn his RS to not use him. Unless he has a horrible couple of games, he's "the guy".

That will be the challenge for the coaching staff. All year they have had the mentality that there is only one QB on the team so the did not have options when the QB struggled. Now they have burned TH's redshirt and named him the starter but now they have an option on the bench. If Hansen struggles and the KU game is on the line do they replace him with Cody and try to win the game or do the try to develop TH and have him work his way through difficulties?

I think the politics of the QB situation has made this tough for everyone.

I think that's fair. Dan has not done a good job with this at all. Maybe CU should hire a media guy like Urban Meyer does at UF.

He's got the incredible Dave Plati and now BG Brooks on board. But they are following instructions.

And there is not a drop of sarcasm in this post: I think both are talented, committed, hardworking and smart. We are lucky to have them writing about the buffs. However, they know who their boss is.

I'll go out on a limb and say that yes, Hansen is the guy from now on. As has been pointed out, it's unlikely that they could do any worse, so why not give the kid some real experience now?

I'll go out on a limb and say that yes, Hansen is the guy from now on. As has been pointed out, it's unlikely that they could do any worse, so why not give the kid some real experience now?
stick to your guns man..

"we'll see"

stick to your guns man..

"we'll see"

Sorry. Momentary lapse of reason. Of course. The appropriate response is for this and virtually all other questions related to the situation with the football team is: "We'll see".

Carry on. Nothing else to see here.

Nothing else to see here.

We'll see.... :cool:

If Hawk is really waffling on going back to Cody before Hansen has even played a non-garbage time snap this season, it is inexcusable. They burned a season of eligibility for the presumptive QB of the future. At this point the only thing worse than wasting the first half of his season would be wasting the second half as well...

Dan, your son lost the QB position for the time being. Deal with it and coach this team. That is all...

Back