What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is It True That Katoa Worked The 'Chains' Yesterday?

While I may not agree with the laws in the state of CO, the fact is that a 20 year-old drinking is against the law and having an open container is against the law. The cops are doing their job and I can't fault them for that. They have a "hard-on" for CU students because they make up a huge portion of the Boulder population and they do a lot of stupid stuff. If you don't want the police giving tickets for under-age drinking, open containers or pissing in public, get the laws changed.

Geer and Katoa screwed up big time. Not the cops' fault not the DA's fault.

I'm glad that Katoa was on the sideline working. It shows that he's still with the team and hopefully will learn from this and be a stand up player and student.

It's all about priorities. The Boulder PD is looking to bust college kids. They're not paying attention to the other criminal behavior because it's too convenient to bust on students. It's always been that way. I'm not saying that underage drinking isn't illegal, just that in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal. In any event, I just used that as an example. I could have just as easily said a 22 year old with an open container. Same thing, just fewer charges they could level against the kid. BUT, they get to hassle him just the same, and that's really what they love anyway. :huh:

Well, they do let us up blaze it up 4/20.

Negative.

BPD and CUPD have worked hard to curb the 4:20 Festival. I haven't been to Farrand Field in a couple of years, but I know they have been trying to close off Farrand, and I believe last year they were successful. In addition, they have been sending undercover cops onto the field to take pictures of folks smoking... they then post those pictures on the net and offer a $50 for the names of those people. Those names are provided to the school who then takes action against the kids... if they're students obviously.

Last year I think everyone ended up going to Norlin Quad instead... im curious to see what happens here in a few weekend.

It's all about priorities. The Boulder PD is looking to bust college kids. They're not paying attention to the other criminal behavior because it's too convenient to bust on students. It's always been that way. I'm not saying that underage drinking isn't illegal, just that in the grand scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal. In any event, I just used that as an example. I could have just as easily said a 22 year old with an open container. Same thing, just fewer charges they could level against the kid. BUT, they get to hassle him just the same, and that's really what they love anyway. :huh:

Sigh! I'm gonna stop here because if I keep talking, I'm gonna come across as the ultra conservative tightwad and sacky is gonna be wearing a tie dye and birkenstocks.

I've lost all respect recently for the Boulder Courts/Justice Dept. All the recent crap with football is one thing but I work at the CU Bookstore and we got broken into a month ago (lost around $32,000 worth of ipods and computers) and even though they caught this kid, our inventory is just sitting in limbo while they work out a plea with this ******. It's been almost a month (at least) since they arrested this kid and we still don't have our stuff back or any sort of resolution. Let's hope Katoa's case is a little higher on the totem pole than grand theft at the campus bookstore.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=87586

They're on it, just as soon as they wrap up the Ramsey murder.

Negative.

BPD and CUPD have worked hard to curb the 4:20 Festival. I haven't been to Farrand Field in a couple of years, but I know they have been trying to close off Farrand, and I believe last year they were successful. In addition, they have been sending undercover cops onto the field to take pictures of folks smoking... they then post those pictures on the net and offer a $50 for the names of those people. Those names are provided to the school who then takes action against the kids... if they're students obviously.

Last year I think everyone ended up going to Norlin Quad instead... im curious to see what happens here in a few weekend.

Sacky was planning a similar thing for the aborted Counting Crows concert. Anyone caught on film attending the Grid Iron Bash had a bounty on their head. The bounty happened to be a can of Natty Light delivered at 40mph to the back of the head.

For what it's worth, Iowa had Kelly Clarkson scheduled, KjSU got the Goo Goo Dolls and eATMe had ZZ Top.

I suppose we all hope for the best-case scenario with Katoa. But I suspect, if it goes the way Sipili's situation did, that Lynn will be suspended for the rest of the semester. Looking at it that way, he might be back for fall.

Stick it out Lynn, it'll be worth it to work with Cabral.

The Boulder PD's just been the enforcement arm for the gentrification of Boulder. The real bad guys are the geniuses creating stupid laws and bizarrely conservative rich residents, who think protesting against the war makes them far sighted liberals, that keep on voting for said geniuses.

Last edited:
I suppose we all hope for the best-case scenario with Katoa. But I suspect, if it goes the way Sipili's situation did, that Lynn will be suspended for the rest of the semester. Looking at it that way, he might be back for fall.

Stick it out Lynn, it'll be worth it to work with Cabral.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer here but the rest of the semester is only four weeks long. I don't even think this will be in trial by then, not including the hearing that is. On the other hand if the punishment is for the rest of the semester then Awesome! He will only miss one week :thumbsup::smile2:

I don't want to be Debbie Downer here but the rest of the semester is only four weeks long. I don't even think this will be in trial by then, not including the hearing that is. On the other hand if the punishment is for the rest of the semester then Awesome! He will only miss one week :thumbsup::smile2:

:yeahthat: It's way way way to late to hope for the punishment to be just the rest of this semester...

Negative.

Two years ago that was true. Last year everyone did go to Norlin and even though I just watched, it went a lot more smooth than on Farrand. I dont think I saw one cop the entire time...

Two years ago that was true. Last year everyone did go to Norlin and even though I just watched, it went a lot more smooth than on Farrand. I dont think I saw one cop the entire time...

I only saw two cops last year and they were standing over by Eaton Humanities, between that building and Norlin and they weren't doing anything. My guess is that they were just there in case something "really" illegal happened.

They like to bust 30-something CPAs with open containers before football games, too. That was a nice $100 ticket...

Was it a bottle, can, or cup?

Solo cup. Maker's and coke, if I recall.

We were tailgating and my wife and toddler needed to walk back to the car, so I went with them, down Colorado and across 28th. On the way back to the tailgate, I got stopped crossing the sidestreet right there at Colorado and whatever the street is that goes to the Foam Dome on one side and into a neighborhood on the other. Cop hops out of an unmarked car and asked me if there was alcohol in the cup. I said yes, and he wrote me a ticket. It was a joke. One of the most blatant money grabs I've ever seen. :sad2:

And they're still out in force every week looking to bust more people. I just make sure and leave my open beverages on private property.

We were tailgating and my wife and toddler needed to walk back to the car, so I went with them, down Colorado and across 28th. On the way back to the tailgate, I got stopped crossing the sidestreet right there at Colorado and whatever the street is that goes to the Foam Dome on one side and into a neighborhood on the other. Cop hops out of an unmarked car and asked me if there was alcohol in the cup. I said yes, and he wrote me a ticket. It was a joke. One of the most blatant money grabs I've ever seen. :sad2:

And they're still out in force every week looking to bust more people. I just make sure and leave my open beverages on private property.

Perhaps you forgot to take off your 'I hate cops' hat that day?

You deserved a ticket for muddying that **** up with cola. Ice or water only if your going to use the good stuff.

I've noticed that crossing 28th seems to make you fair game. I've seen plenty of people getting citations on the East side but very few on the West.

Ouch...Thanks for letting me know the circumstances though...I'm in the "can't get in trouble for alcohol" stage until December!

I've noticed that crossing 28th seems to make you fair game. I've seen plenty of people getting citations on the East side but very few on the West.

Yup, on the east side. It wasn't crossing 28th where I got caught. It was the intersection of Colorado and the street that you turn on to go the Foam Dome, just on the east side.

Yup, on the east side. It wasn't crossing 28th where I got caught. It was the intersection of Colorado and the street that you turn on to go the Foam Dome, just on the east side.

Bazackilly, I've even seen them pedaling bikes and writing tickets around the old Perkins.

Bazackilly, I've even seen them pedaling bikes and writing tickets around the old Perkins.

Brilliant move by the city, I must admit. Hey, let's piss off the thousands of people who drive up here and make sure they won't stick around after the game to spend money at the local businesses!

That sounds exactly like something the Boulder City Council would do.

Brilliant move by the city, I must admit. Hey, let's piss off the thousands of people who drive up here and make sure they won't stick around after the game to spend money at the local businesses!

That sounds exactly like something the Boulder City Council would do.

Of course they would. If most of them had their way CU would have no athletic teams at all.

Of course they would. If most of them had their way CU would have no athletic teams at all.

And I'm sure they figured they'd rather just eliminate the middleman (Boulder businesses) and just take the $ directly from those visiting that cesspool of a town.

I love Boulder for its beauty and the fact that CU is there. But other than that, it can just sink into the earth and disappear for all I care.

And I'm sure they figured they'd rather just eliminate the middleman (Boulder businesses) and just take the $ directly from those visiting that cesspool of a town.

I love Boulder for its beauty and the fact that CU is there. But other than that, it can just sink into the earth and disappear for all I care.

As someone who does business close to Boulder, I am half inclined to believe that too. I have worked with several business in the past who have moved out of Boulder due to the adverse climate.

I hate the fact that they don't seem to care how much money the university brings in to town. Without the university they would be the Pueblo of the north, a former boom town that has seen its better days.

Open container laws are about the stupidest thing ever. Honestly, were you beligerent? Were you causing any problems? Were you hassling anybody? Were you causing damage to anything? Nope, you were walking around with a cup in your hand.

True story time - I'm at a fraternity event that we're holding at Duane Physics. I had an empty beer bottle that I didn't want to throw out in the Physics building because I didn't want the fraternity to get in trouble for causing a mess. So I go across the street over to the stadium to find a trash can to throw away the bottle. Wouldn't you know it - a CU cop drives by and sees the bottle and gives me a ticket for open container. IT WAS EMPTY. "It probably had a little bit at the bottom" he says. un-freaking-believable. :huh:

:cry::cry:

You guys have to stop crying. Boulder PD focuses on drunk college kids because drunk college kids cause the majority of the problems in Boulder. That is especially true on the hill and late night on Pearl Street. I'm not saying that you guys should stop drinking, God knows I didn't when I was in school, but accept the fact that the cops are going to attempt to keep things under control.

:cry::cry:

You guys have to stop crying. Boulder PD focuses on drunk college kids because drunk college kids cause the majority of the problems in Boulder. That is especially true on the hill and late night on Pearl Street. I'm not saying that you guys should stop drinking, God knows I didn't when I was in school, but accept the fact that the cops are going to attempt to keep things under control.

In case you missed it, I'm far from a student. I'm 33 years old. Sacky is older than I am.

Back