1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Missouri really in the tournament? Could they play their way out?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Tractor, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Oct 7, 2010
    After watching them lose this morning, I looked at their schedule. Their biggest wins are at home against Illinois, KSU, and I guess us. They've only won 1 conference game on the road this year (ISU).

Their biggest road win is probably at Oregon....that was the only road game they played OOC.

They still have to play @Nebraska and then Kansas at home. If they lose those two, they'll have a 3 game losing streak going into the tournament, and could be as low as the #6 or 7 spot based on how everybody else does.

That doesn't look like much of a resume to me. It's not who you played, it's who you can beat.

We've all assumed that they're gonna be in, and I'm starting to question our assumptions. Thoughts?
  2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2005
    They are 22-7 overall. They are 8-6 in the conference, meaning they finish 8-8 at worst.

I would say they are IN right now.
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Not impressive. Their preseason RPI is propping them up a bit, just like Michigan State.
  4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Sep 14, 2006
    The Illinois win was a neutral site win. They also beat a pretty good Vanderbilt team. I think the only way they would be in trouble is if they lose these next 2 and then lose in the first round of the conference tournament.