What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is our program heading in the right direction?

Is the Program heading in the right direction?

• Yes

Votes: 92 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 11 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can anyone say Butch Davis?

Hired the same year as Hawkins. Algedly informally contacted by someone to gauge interest and at some point deemed too exepnsive. Interestingly the scheduled series between the two schools gets canceled and UNC pays like $100k to get out of it after Butch gets hired.

At any rate Butch inherited a team that was pretty much the Baylor of the ACC. Well, 3 year later they are 3-1 losing only to VaTech by 3 points and just took one from Miami. They looked a lot tougher in the UM game than I expected and I put them ahead of us at this point.

I did vote that Yes were headed in the right direction but only time will tell if were better.

Hired the same year as Hawkins. Algedly informally contacted by someone to gauge interest and at some point deemed too exepnsive. Interestingly the scheduled series between the two schools gets canceled and UNC pays like $100k to get out of it after Butch gets hired.

At any rate Butch inherited a team that was pretty much the Baylor of the ACC. Well, 3 year later they are 3-1 losing only to VaTech by 3 points and just took one from Miami. They looked a lot tougher in the UM game than I expected and I put them ahead of us at this point.

I did vote that Yes were headed in the right direction but only time will tell if were better.
The ACC is not the big 12. Beating WVU is better than losing to VaTech.

They won 3 games in '06, and 4 last year. It's not like Butch turned them around overnight.

I believe NCarolina has had better recruiting classes than CU (with their previous coach) every year except for 2005 -In 2005 CU had the 43 best recruiting class, NC was #44. So it's not like Butch came in with nothing. In fact that's why he went there. I think he saw he had something to work with. Not at all like Hawk had at CU.

The ACC is not the big 12. Beating WVU is better than losing to VaTech.

Maybe. VT and WVU are both struggling right now.

The South East Region of the US has the best available HS football talent available on a per capita basis hands down. I don't think the ACC is better than the Big 12 but that was not my point. I was merely measuring the success Butch is having against Hawks.

They won 3 games in '06, and 4 last year. It's not like Butch turned them around overnight.

I believe NCarolina has had better recruiting classes than CU (with their previous coach) every year except for 2005 -In 2005 CU had the 43 best recruiting class, NC was #44. So it's not like Butch came in with nothing. In fact that's why he went there. I think he saw he had something to work with. Not at all like Hawk had at CU.

Recruiting is one thing. Winning is entirely another. We all have no farther to look than Mac Brown in so much that it took him soooo long to finally dominate with class after class of the best recruits in the country. Coaching is the other half of this and thats where I was going with my post.

I think we are headed in the right direction, for now. However, and I know this could bold and nearsighted to say, but Cody could be the undoing of his father. He is a decent QB, but he is not good and definitely not great. His father won't bench him and we are stuck with him for the next two and a half seasons. By the time he leaves, his Dad might not have the momentum he needs to continue to build the program.

Until there is a better QB on the roster, there is no reason to even discuss benching C-Hawk. As it stands today, he is far and away the best QB CU has.

Until there is a better QB on the roster, there is no reason to even discuss benching C-Hawk. As it stands today, he is far and away the best QB CU has.

Not only that but people need to recall Coach Hawk's comments on the QB situation at the beginning of last year. He is not the QB position coach, he left the starting QB decision entirely up to the OC and QB coach and he has said that the decision to make a change will also fall under the same coaches. People saying that we are screwed because Hawk won't pull the trigger on his kid are clueless and simply trying to find an easy way to place blame.

Back