What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is tailgating going away as a part of football games?

Future of football tailgating?

• Tailgating will eventually go away

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Tailgating will always have a place, but will be reduced

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Things will stay about like they are - it's part of the fabric of football

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • We'll see a tailgating revival

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
I do wish CU could find a way to have one big tailgate area where we all were and from which we could walk to the stadium. I don't know if it's possible, but it makes for a better scene. Stanford does a great job with this, for example.

Unfortunately, I don't think CU has a natural space to do that unless they made us tailgate on the South Campus and shuttled fans to the game. No one wants that. Maybe they could do it on the Creek focused at Millenium & the current practice fields, working with the city to do a "Boulder Creek Gameday Festival" every time we have a home game so that there was stuff going on by the outdoor amphitheater and park areas the way there is for the Farmer's Market.

Granted Franklin isn't the best use case but I have seen RG out in Franklin glad-handing donors and generally encouraging the atmosphere. I've meet and talked to Distephano both in Franklin and in the club lounge at basketball games. They may not understand it themselves but I don't think they are looking to kill it either.

As much as I have criticized Bohn, he would at least go around to the different parking lots on Game Day and talk to fans. When Bud Peterson was Chancellor him and his wife would stop by tailgates frequently. The just going through Franklin is the safe approach and does not show me much.

Back