1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 18, 2016.

?

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2016.
  1. Yes

68.9%
  2. No

31.1%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I still maintain that the Hawaii opener horror show sucked all the air out of the room last season. Player confidence took a huge hit. Fans were in a stunned fetal position for the year after taking that nut shot. It also took a slim bowl game hope pretty far out of reach by requiring at least 1 more upset to get there.

This year, I see the CSU game the same way. It's either confirmation that things are happening and a confidence boost for the team & fans... or it sucks all the air out of the season.

More than just for the season, I think it goes a long way toward determining HCMM's future with the program.

This is about the closest I'd ever be to calling an opener a "must win game".

Really hoping that it's a celebration in a couple weeks.

Darth Snow and Big Jim like this.
  2. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

In a vacuum, I don't think so, but I said yes, because of the drastically decreased odds it would create for making a bowl game. Losing that game and then still finding 6 wins is extremely tough but would still save his job.

3. goalline

goalline Club Member Club Member

I was going to say no, but bufnik argued a good case.

In addition, without a CSU win, getting to 6 wins would require a road win at Oregon, Stanford, or USC assuming we can win at Arizona. Tough to pull off.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    TSchekler likes this.
  4. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Yes. You cannot talk about all the upperclassman you have now, how physical you are now, etc.....and go out and lose to CSU. Additionally you are not making it to a bowl game if you lose to CSU. He needs to be 2-0 heading to Michigan and there are absolutely no excuses.

Big Jim likes this.
  5. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I can't realistically think of a scenario where we could lose this game and survive the season. I guess Leach lost to an FCS to start the season last year, and had some tremendous luck to finish the season with 9 wins. It would take something like that.

6. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

Remember that ****, Luke was not fielding no calls that night. Finally, my brother calls so I answer it. He goes, ****ing Hawaii seriously? I'm like man leave me alone godamit, he's laughing on the other end because I started doing the la la la la la, I can't hear you thing lol.

7. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

When we get back to where we want to be, there's still always gonna be those random years where the stars align and CSU hits us with a veteran team, with a few NFL caliber players and a solid, or better, QB. And we had a large graduating class. Those are the years I'll understand taking an L.

The funny thing this year is that those stars are aligning that way for us. I am confident that we will blow them out of the water. That's not to say the team should be or that I'd bet on it or anything. It's to say there's no effing excuse for losing to them. It will actually, physically kill us to lose the RMS this year. The rise won't be real, I'll be banned for a week (with a two week ban looming on the horizon), tears will be shed, I may not trust or love again, etc.

8. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

There really isn't one imho.

9. J.R. Ewing

Cannot be stated enough. No excuses this year. We should kill these guys

FlatironsBuff and TDforTD like this.
  10. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

CU is a longshot for a bowl game. Blow one of the two winnable OOC's and bowl chances go out the window.

aghcsm, FlatironsBuff and Big Jim like this.
  11. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

This poll is kind of like asking, "If the sun doesn't rise tomorrow will it be dark?" Well duh of course it would, but we all KNOW the sun will rise......puts an entirely new spin on #theriseisreal

12. TSchekler

Will he be fired immediately after the game, if we lose, should be the question.

13. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Will he? No. Should he???

Big Jim likes this.
  14. TSchekler

It would be an unacceptable loss, so quite possibly. Give Leavitt the Interim tag and see what happens the remainder of the year, and make it known CU is in the market for a HC. [Big Jim and Mighty Buff go 6 to midnight][/QUOTE]

15. SerenityBuff

SerenityBuff Club Member Club Member

Yes, this year is a double-digit point win for us. Looking at the match-ups, there's no reason for it to be closer than that. That said, if we lose, then I'm on the @Mighty Buff level "fire Mac" outrage train.

16. Bliff Cranch

Bliff Cranch Club Member Club Member

Yes. It's the most important game HCMM will have coached in his career and his body language suggests he fully recognizes it.

SerenityBuff likes this.
  17. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

If they lose that game, I would get a new phone number and not check emails for at least 3 days if I was Rick George. I think this would turn very ugly with fans/boosters.

18. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

After CU crushes CSU, this same question will be asked about the Idaho State game....If there were ever two must win games for a coach to start a season, these are them.

19. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

UNLV beat Idaho State 80-8 last season. That's not just a must win, it's a game that better damn well see everyone who isn't redshirting or injured getting significant game snaps at his position.

20. J.R. Ewing

Even by FCS standards, Idaho St is awful. Dead last in Big Sky last year. This should be like the Nicholls St game. Walk ons should get snaps.

21. SerenityBuff

SerenityBuff Club Member Club Member

Well they do play Simon Fraser University the week before they play us. So maybe we can catch them on a let down week.

22. TSchekler

So, you're saying Montez should see some time?

23. J.R. Ewing

I had to look that up. It's in Canada.

24. J.R. Ewing

He damn well better.

BuffLuKe likes this.
  25. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Or just start him.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  26. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

Wazzu lost to Portland State and won 9 games, I guess anything is possible. But highly unlikely he can come back from it. I do wonder how this team and MacIntyre will handle the pressure this time around, they sure haven't handled it well in the past.

27. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

This might be one of HCMM biggest games to date since being at CU. I voted yes because in our eyes we know what the outcome better be. If RG would pull the trigger? is the question. If he didn't, as fans, we would have a lame duck coach for the rest of a loooonngg season.
    I feel this year we blow them out of the water...saying that, I have felt that way about many games over the past 10-15 years. That's why they play the game.

28. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

c502cid likes this.
  29. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

still get pissed when I hear, see, read, or remember that awful hawaii game last year. that sukd

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  30. TSchekler

Actually not a bad idea. An extra week for Sefo to get rest and prepare for Michigan wouldn't be the worst thing. Same with some of our other key guys like Chido, Lindsey, Tupou, etc.