What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

Is the CSU game "do or die" for MacIntyre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was my exact thought process last year going into the Hawaii game. I figured we needed to be 4-0 or 3-1 in OOC last year to have a shot. I didn't care how we got there, or who we beat or lost to, as long as we were no worse than 3-1. This year, we have to be 2-1 in OOC to have a shot, IMO. Losing to CSU and beating UM would obviously turn things around and provide a huge shot of confidence going forward, but is not likely to happen.
Like everyone else, I was apoplectic at how we found a way to lose to an absolutely dog**** Hawaii team last year. And I'm with you on the need to be 2-1 in OOC this year, and maybe it's the golfer in me, but I agree with what the players are saying. We have to try and go 1-0 every week. Hell, every day. Every practice. Every rep. We shouldn't concede a loss to anyone. I think we have a team that has a chance to win every game this year. This is my favorite time of year, when the chance for a special season is out there. It's happened for us before and it can happen again. Will it be this year? Who knows. But I'm ready to find out. One game at a time.

How many pac 12 games has cu won since joining, also asking for a friend.
How many of those past games count for this year? Look, I admit, I'm an optimistic person by nature. But that doesn't mean that I don't believe in accountability. HCMM is accountable for the success of the football team. I think it's reasonable to say that this year is the make or break year for him, but I don't agree that a loss to CSU should mean that he gets fired on the spot, unless it's a 70-3 type loss.

yeah, the national championship team started 1-1-1.

the barnett b12 championship team lost to fresno state.

i'll be pissed if we lose to the sheep and i'll probably meltdown and rant like everyone else, but one game isn't going to end the season.
Wonder why we lost that Fresno game, not really a question. We don't we are playing the U not Nebraska.

I remember making a big deal out of dragging the entire fam to the first ever CU P12 game v. Wazzu. I was very excited because I felt relatively certain CU had a very good chance of winning that game. At home, Wazzu sucked, Paul Wulff had succeeded in making them even worse than they were before. I was pumped. Then CU shat the bed giving up a long TD pass to steal defeat from the jaws of victory. Little did I know this was the harbinger of things to come, and that CU would be on the short end of the P12 stick 89% of the time over the next 5 years.

So, when people say not winning all the winnable games in the OOC doesn't necessarily count CU out of bowl contention, I say what color is the sky in your world?

Wonder why we lost that Fresno game, not really a question. We don't we are playing the U not Nebraska.

Because Brown fumbled the ball away twice and Minardi dropped several passes he never dropped before or after. There was also the play where Ochs throws an INT in the end zone with under a minute to play for which Barnett threw him under the bus after the game instead of taking the blame for not kicking a FG instead.

This game is going to be a coin flip.
It damn well better not be. If we are a coin flip with CSU then we are going to get slaughtered in PAC play.

He loses this game and you fire him. Give JL a chance to show what he can do.

Edit: My patience is gone. Everything looks better on paper, but if that doesn't translate into wins this year, then we've got the wrong coach.

People argued with me last year when I said that a loss to Hawaii would set a negative tone for the whole season and pointed out that CU has looked less than ready in openers in recent years. Turns out that we were less than ready, got beat, and went on to a season that was dissapointing at best.

I don't think we are going to struggle with getting going this year like we did last year and because of that I think we win this game without a huge struggle.

If not though, as much as I like M2, the season will be screwed and it will be time to look at the transition to the next coach.

giphy.gif

It's not about if he will get fired after the game, which is almost 100% not happening, it's about if he will be kept after the season and I would say there is about a 99% chance he will be fired if he loses that game.

Assuming the Buffs can't get to a bowl after that loss. I agree.

I'm saying no because he could win this game and still get fired at the end of the year.

I would argue that the ASU/UCLA games are the do or die games for him. He likely needs at least 1 of those games for a chance at a bowl. He could use either as his "Statement win". Beating OSU, WSU, Utah at home isn't really a sign that we are here to really compete in this conference.

I'm saying no because he could win this game and still get fired at the end of the year.

I would argue that the ASU/UCLA games are the do or die games for him. He likely needs at least 1 of those games for a chance at a bowl. He could use either as his "Statement win". Beating OSU, WSU, Utah at home isn't really a sign that we are here to really compete in this conference.

But in three years under his guidance the Buffs have beaten OSU once and WSU Not and Utah never. (Okay beat Cal once for a total of 2 pac 12 wins.)

Beating OSU WSU and Utah at home is a huge sign. A huge sign. Ya can't expect it to happen, cause it hasn't happened.
Without those 3 wins there is no bowl. Lose any of those and it's not good. In fact bad is the word.
Kansas sunk HWSRN
But asu/ucla win(s) is/are the season changers upwards. Not do or die. Asu/ucla win(s) is/are the season changers upwards. Not do or die.

Need to go into the last 3 games no worse than 4 and 5 (5 and 4 would be desirable which would necessitate your ucal/asu win)
AZ away
WSU at home
Utah at home.

7 and 5. Have to get the road win (AZ program changer) and the last two at home.

Go Buffs

How many of those past games count for this year? Look, I admit, I'm an optimistic person by nature. But that doesn't mean that I don't believe in accountability. HCMM is accountable for the success of the football team. I think it's reasonable to say that this year is the make or break year for him, but I don't agree that a loss to CSU should mean that he gets fired on the spot, unless it's a 70-3 type loss.

Who said about him being fired on the spot? If he loses to csu, that will tell us all we need to know about what's coming in the pac 12. Expwct to lose and win,?Awesome. Expect to win and lose, same old cu. Fans not players. I don't want another coaching change, let's win and go to a bowl, continue momentum.

Back